PDA

View Full Version : Is latheboy ok??

gixkat
08-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Anyone heard from Ivan aka Latheboy,? two aussies died in light aircraft accident in Nepal this arvo, hoping him and his missus weren't on that flight.
GK

sharky
08-10-2008, 05:26 PM
According to the forum he was at the GP at Philip Island...or someone was impersonating him.....

BANDITROD
08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
he was at the gp on the weekend so i fucking hope it wasnt him and his missus mate

BANDITROD
08-10-2008, 05:43 PM
just got off the phone with him so no it wasnt him but it could be someone he knows

gixkat
08-10-2008, 05:50 PM
phew! must have got my wires crossed, pity the poor bastards still, better to not be an asf member

BANDITROD
08-10-2008, 06:30 PM
he must of thought i was queer cos all i said is shit its good to hear your voice and then awkward silence and then just the usual bullshit talk

KATO ZX7
08-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Ivan will tell you.... any attention is good attention ;)

I can feel the lurve :D

latheboy
08-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow ... people like me:Dthanks for the concern for us
No not me but it know of quite a few people up there at the momment and have heard from a couple .. waiting for more to check in .. it'll talk a few days for the word to get around up there .. It's horrible news but once you've landed there and taken off from there you'll know what fear is ..
We were waiting for 2 days to fly out because of the clouds and ended up on different planes :(
It was a bit odd when Rod called but funny as hell after i got off the phone..

latheboy
08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Fuck it i've trying to load some pictures of the airport but my intramanet is too slow ...

We have been thinking of going back to that area of the world too .. still i think we'll go .. this is just one of those things unfortunatly

latheboy
08-10-2008, 08:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Ivan will tell you.... any attention is good attention ;)

I can feel the lurve :D

hehe ... yup and yup

Shadowzone
09-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey Ivan, can you speak the native language from Nepal?
I got given one of those teach yourself the language packs
with the tapes and books and was wondering who I'd ever
get to practice it on.

latheboy
09-10-2008, 06:28 AM
We did start to learn but found out that the Sherpa dont speak Nepali .. They speak (suprise suprise) Sherpa, so we learnt that ..

BANDITROD
09-10-2008, 08:48 AM
i was starting to worry cos who would everyone slap at the GP next year

Shadowzone
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Fair enough then. Sounds like that would be the one to learn.

May be the reason why I was given the set then...

latheboy
09-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Not to put you off learning Napali but if you go there just speak Ostra'ian with a smile... English has made its way all the way up the track and the locals are trying to learn it .. sad really that you can go anywhere in the world and dont have to try and learn the local tongue ... Pumping joint tho

Shadowzone
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah Latheboy, but thats caused by ignorant Yanks who don't realise there is another language in the world other than the one they have butchered.

I'd rather try and have the locals in hysterics at my poor efforts than to not at least have a go.

And its on my list of places to see in about 3yrs time I'm planning on hitting it.