PDA

View Full Version : Wheels, forks & throttle bodies on eBay

J7-11
07-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey guys, looooooooonnnnggggg time no post. A shift in focus in life has taken me away from bikes, recently I tried to re-invigorate my interest by acquiring some more bits, but it didn't work! End result is I'm selling those bits, and unfortunately, also my 'fighter. I'll put this up in the coming weeks, once I ready her for sale and get some current photos.

Anyway I've got some Gixer Thou K5/6 wheels, Gixer 6 K4/5 forks and some GSX1400 throttle bodies on eBay if anyone is interested. I bought all this stuff with the intention of getting the 7/11 down the strip but I've decided corners are my thing so selling up to fund this. BTW if anyone is wondering, GSX1400 throttle bodies will NOT bolt up to a oil cooled GSXR motor (as I was once miinformed!).

Here's the links:

GSX1400 throttle bodies - $0 starting bid
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200260397015

Gixer Thou wheels - $500 starting
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200260394654

Gixer 6 Forks - $200 start
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200260395617

All ends this Sunday.

For those who give a toss I'm going to build up a trackbike, not quite sure just yet, prob just pick an engine and build the bike around it. It will be bastard fast and bastard light, watch this space! Cheers, J

gibbo
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Bugger me, a voice from the past, how's the bike looking, I loved that thing!

J7-11
07-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Pretty much the same as it ever did really! Seems there's lots of K1 tail conversions out there these days... Only change is went back to the standard curved oil cooler (the Earl's one failed on me...) and put some BMC pod filters on her to sort out the mid range. Got a couple of problems, popped a fork seal last time I rode her back from the Aus Supers @ Symmons, and those mini dials have died. Prob the same time as the fork seal, I'm never riding that bumpy as fuck road again!

Obviously I'll never get anywhere my money back, so maybe I'll consider breaking her if no one is game for an outright buy...

MCBR
07-10-2008, 08:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by J7-11

Pretty much the same as it ever did really! Seems there's lots of K1 tail conversions out there these days... Only change is went back to the standard curved oil cooler (the Earl's one failed on me...) and put some BMC pod filters on her to sort out the mid range. Got a couple of problems, popped a fork seal last time I rode her back from the Aus Supers @ Symmons, and those mini dials have died. Prob the same time as the fork seal, I'm never riding that bumpy as fuck road again!

Obviously I'll never get anywhere my money back, so maybe I'll consider breaking her if no one is game for an outright buy...

Hey mate, i guess those track days on your VTR250 made an impression!
I remember duelling with you on my CBR250 yearrrrs ago!

J7-11
07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by MCBR
Hey mate, i guess those track days on your VTR250 made an impression!
I remember duelling with you on my CBR250 yearrrrs ago!

Ahhh Martin? I'm pretty terrible with names but it does begin with M!

Yep remember it well mate, still got a pic floating around...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/J7-11/Jai02.jpg

Also was this your R6 next to the 7/11 or am I tripping?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/J7-11/P1010237.jpg

ozkat
07-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey J hows things mate, yeah im still here. PM me some info on your bike ive still got a few mates in Tassie that may be interested.
Shayne

J7-11
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey Shayne! Long time no talk huh? I've been lurking from time to time and have seen you about... Things are pretty much tops, apart from selling the bike! Will be sorry to see her go but you've been in my shoes many times so I'm sure you can appreciate! Will pm you the dets mate, thanks for the help!

pt
07-10-2008, 09:32 PM
the first pic of a 711 fighter i ever saw was yours! crazy! good luck with selling all your stuff, hope you get the bike you want.

J7-11
08-10-2008, 02:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by pt

the first pic of a 711 fighter i ever saw was yours! crazy! good luck with selling all your stuff, hope you get the bike you want.

Shit there you go! Thanks for the words mate, I've still got no idea what I want, I'm thinking a change would be good, maybe a twin, or a triple, or maybe have a go at a big bang inline 4... chasing traction you see...

MCBR
09-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Just saved that pic to my comp... only the second pic i have of my CBR!
And yep that was my R6 at the creek, i remember you were upset with 1.53's?? cause your bike was too fat lol
Good to see you getting back into it

crazymofo
09-10-2008, 09:48 PM
j7-11
interested in the wheels,
any idea on postage to QLD, 4209?

cheers.joe.

J7-11
10-10-2008, 01:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

j7-11
interested in the wheels,
any idea on postage to QLD, 4209?

cheers.joe.

$80 via TNT mate, but if you buy them $50 will do. Cheers!

J7-11
10-10-2008, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Hey J hows things mate, yeah im still here. PM me some info on your bike ive still got a few mates in Tassie that may be interested.
Shayne

PM sent mate