PDA

View Full Version : Small world

336LJ
28-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Okay so the boys were all out gettin pissed in the sticks, on the border ranges
I took my brothers 250 out as my shit heap was still in bits.
Left there about 11pm. Fucking roo's were nuts I ended up doing 70k's all the way home (about an hour) which wasn't bad cause it was on a CB250, and it was fucking cold.

I get into town and see someone on a bike doing a U turn. as I come past I get waved down by an old bloke. I pull up and he's riding an weathered old Honda four.

He asks me "MATE have you got anything you can chuck me to wear I'm bloody freezing. I'm old enough to know better,I got caught out" (stinking hot day - now freezing cold night)
I said "sorry mate but I've only got what I'm wearing."
I'm a bit suss on people anyway, but I really had nothing on me cause I too had all my hot weather gear on.

Pulled over for a bit to talk old school bikes and let the cops parked on the other side of the road get bored of waiting and leave.
I learned a few things, and shared a few yarns about the bikes around the farm.

Then he mentions him and his brother have a workshop down the coast, and are closing up for good soon. To cut a long story short the name rang a bell, I'd been to the workshop before, cause thats where my mate and I followed Cath down to get the roadworthy done on the 636!
Donnay Motorcycles I think? the name has just slipped my mind. Only been there once.

How random is that. dead as shit on a saturday night having both ridden for an hour or so from completely different directions. I swung past my house and gave the old guy my jacket. I'v always been amazed at how quickly someone on a bike will pull over for you if your on the side of the road, even had a guy do a u turn 200m up the road cause I stopped to zip my bag up and do my chin strap up and he checked if I was allright!. So I'm more than happy even if its to prevent hypothermia

Bit sad to hear the shop is closing down I hope they had a good run. I was invited to the BBQ on the 25th if anyone knows the guys its their last day of trading.

I cant say I'm a customer but they seemed like top blokes.[:p]

Jockney Rebel
28-09-2008, 11:19 PM
thats the sort of story i like to read .....heartwarming ..we re all in this shit together ..so no point waterskiing lol

Bear
28-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I agree. A good read. :)