PDA

View Full Version : Good places to live in Brissy

flyingfatman
28-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey fellas,
im moving up to brisbane soon from Sydney to do my university there. I need some advice about good places to live near logan or the gold coast.
you fellas got any advice?:D

Issues
28-09-2008, 02:08 PM
which Uni?

flyingfatman
28-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Griffith University. Not sure about the campus yet. Either Gold Coast or Logan

Fish
28-09-2008, 05:29 PM
waterford, waterford west, loganlea, meadowbrook, daisy hill are all good. I live in loganlea and you can be in either the city or the coast in under half an hour. Anything near the freeway is good. What you studying? those first 4 are 5 mins from logan campus. the campus is in meadowbrook.

flyingfatman
28-09-2008, 06:37 PM
am studying a bachelor of business with a marketing major
thanks a lot for that man. whats rent like around there? for say a 1 bedroom apartment or a studio apartment?

Issues
28-09-2008, 09:18 PM
We're in Daisyhill, nice spot. I haven't seen many apartments this way but we pay $320/week for 3 bedroom house with a shed. There are alot of apartments around the uni, there are apartments bout 6 houses up from us but don't know how much for.

881052gixxr
29-09-2008, 07:58 PM
i just got my self a share accomidation with 2 chicks.. they pretty awsome im 22 one is 23 n the other is 26.... i even got my on side of a double lock up garage to work on my bikes... it only costing me $140 a week n $63 for 3 months of elec. n im in algester just 15 mins from slacks creek...

Matt
29-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Stay away from logan mate haha its like the bronx...

Issues
29-09-2008, 08:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by gixxr1052

i just got my self a share accomidation with 2 chicks.. they pretty awsome im 22 one is 23 n the other is 26.... i even got my on side of a double lock up garage to work on my bikes... it only costing me $140 a week n $63 for 3 months of elec. n im in algester just 15 mins from slacks creek...

your place sounds better then mine, I would swap my shed for a 23 n a 26 yo chick anyday.

And yes stay clear of woodridge/logan area, its a real shit hole.

Gix11
29-09-2008, 10:20 PM
... and beenleigh and Eagleby.

flyingfatman
29-09-2008, 10:41 PM
what about places near meadowbrook? whats the area like up there?

Guile
30-09-2008, 07:15 AM
new farm is a good spot mate,

next to the city cat, new farm park and the power house, a stones throw from the valley for when you fancy a night on the turps and not far from the city or the M1 for trips to the coast,

i moved in 6 months ago, its a great place

Fish
30-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Don't listen to all that guff mate all thost stigmas are 20-30 years old. My missus lived in Woodridge most of her life and she never ever had a hassle. I've lived in the Logan area for about 6 years now and it's a great place to live. I've had more probs in Redlands area (Capalaba/Alex Hills/Cleveland) than i ever did in logan. At the end of the day rent is cheaper, you're 20-30 mins from the city, the gold coast and the twisties of tambourine. You're 5-10 mins from hyperdome (that's a shopping centre). It's 30 mins straight up the Ipswich motorway to Willowbank and Queesnland Raceway. It's 10 mins from the biggest suzuki dealer in australia (who also do friday night rides once or twice a month and hold regular suspension and maitainance workshops and has a fully licenced cafe).

Shadowzone
30-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Don't worry mate even cornubia, shailer park, mt warren park is good too.

I got my applications in for uni down there hopefully I get in up here cause I don't wanna move and

Bond Uni for medicine is really really over the top expensive. but then there's always

Law so it isn't all bad I guess.

Guile
30-09-2008, 11:13 AM
you should work for the logan tourist board bitchfish,

you've even got me contemplating the move to bogan after your write up, sounds pretty handy for most places, whats the night life like though?

flyingfatman
30-09-2008, 01:20 PM
ahahaha
bitchfish thanks a lot man
youve been most helpful now i just gotta decide
why dont you offer me a bed in your garage hahaha:P

Issues
30-09-2008, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

waterford, waterford west, loganlea, meadowbrook, daisy hill are all good. I live in loganlea and you can be in either the city or the coast in under half an hour. Anything near the freeway is good. What you studying? those first 4 are 5 mins from logan campus. the campus is in meadowbrook.

The places listed here are fine, logan central/woodridge (same place) is a shit hole, I lived there 17 years and the last 5 years has realy gone downhill.

xb9r
30-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Is there A good suburb to live in Bris [:0] :D

motogp_nut
30-09-2008, 10:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Guile

you should work for the logan tourist board bitchfish,

you've even got me contemplating the move to bogan after your write up, sounds pretty handy for most places, whats the night life like though?Bwuahahaha, yeah he's good like that. Very persuasive when he wants to be.

I agree, Logan is great. Nightlife is pretty quiet though, unless you like eating, movies and going to the pub (these generally keep me happy). [8)] Not many "night clubs" as such, but as Brendan said you're smack bang in the middle of everything so you can take your pick of either Brisbane city or Surfers Paradise to go bar hopping.

http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/lcc/

Fish
30-09-2008, 11:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by flyingfatman

ahahaha
bitchfish thanks a lot man
youve been most helpful now i just gotta decide
why dont you offer me a bed in your garage hahaha:P

I'd love to mate but I'm trying to get stuff OUT of the garage. I got 4ft high grass out the back though, could be kinda cozy. :D

flyingfatman
01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
haha
grass sounds kinda nice :P
nah im just messing with ya mate, but when i get up there we definately have to go riding sometime. im itching for a good pub crawl or something along those lines with you brisbane fellows

Lucas
01-10-2008, 10:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by xb9r

Is there A good suburb to live in Bris [:0] :D

Nope, drive north for 45 mins and settle on the coast. Biggest mistake I've made was leaving the Sunny Coast and coming back to Canberra.

Fish
01-10-2008, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by flyingfatman

haha
grass sounds kinda nice :P
nah im just messing with ya mate, but when i get up there we definately have to go riding sometime. im itching for a good pub crawl or something along those lines with you brisbane fellows

I'm all good for riding mate, not so good at drinking though no matter how hard i try. When do you plan to get up here?

flyingfatman
01-10-2008, 05:01 PM
early february

Fish
08-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Cool, some good riding weather in feb, along with the other 11 months of the year. :D

Frankenblade96
08-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Mate, I live on Goldy.. did a Uni degree down here.. Lots of housing around for students..
If you are going to be at the Southport Campus then you can score a nice place in a shared house, sometimes with hot girls for a great price.. I pay $160 a week and live in a house with a pool on a canal with a foosball table and a billard table. lockup garage for my bike etc etc.
Pretty good

Shadowzone
09-10-2008, 12:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

Cool, some good riding weather in feb, along with the other 11 months of the year. :D

That is honestly the one thing I truly do miss about Brisbane. The awesome weather year round for riding. I would say it has to be arguably the best weather in Oz for that. And has some of the best roads there or within a cooee of it for Riding too.