PDA

View Full Version : newb with dilema

boris
15-09-2008, 10:41 AM
gday all I'm just cruising the sites looking for som ideas had a 90 model gsxr1100 til 4 weeks ago when I found out the hard way how harsh them fog lines can be touched one on the way home one night front wheel skipped out but I kept it up at least til I hit the gutter then the bike and I did a cartwheel together but when I was knocked unconscious we went our own ways me into a fence the bike just cartwheeled a half dozen times anyway after a couple of days in hospital and the last few weeks learning to walk up stairs again totally fucked up the muscles in my leg and dislocated my right thumb and put the bone out the side of it.anyway now is the dilema I have picked up a 93 gixxer 1100 chassis but wether to fairing it or not to fairing it that is the question cant seem to find 93-98 fairings or headlight so naked may be my option oh sorry in coffs harbour here sorry for long intro but thats my story.:D

Fight_fan
15-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Welcome the madness Boris! I dont see what ur dilemma is dude! U jumped on a streetfighter forum to see if u should put some ghey ass plastic fairings back on??? Hell no! It'd prolly cost u a fuck load to do that anyway! Best fighter the beast now while part of its been done 4 ya!

Iceman
15-09-2008, 11:42 AM
G'day boris, I'm with him ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ on this one

zx12argh
15-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Fighter it - you wont regret it.
Welcome aboard boris.

latheboy
15-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Fairys are ghey..... Welcome

Davekwaka98
15-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi boris welcome I trust you will do the right thing.

damo1
15-09-2008, 03:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by boris

gday all I'm just cruising the sites looking for som ideas had a 90 model gsxr1100 til 4 weeks ago when I found out the hard way how harsh them fog lines can be touched one on the way home one night front wheel skipped out but I kept it up at least til I hit the gutter then the bike and I did a cartwheel together but when I was knocked unconscious we went our own ways me into a fence the bike just cartwheeled a half dozen times anyway after a couple of days in hospital and the last few weeks learning to walk up stairs again totally fucked up the muscles in my leg and dislocated my right thumb and put the bone out the side of it.anyway now is the dilema I have picked up a 93 gixxer 1100 chassis but wether to fairing it or not to fairing it that is the question cant seem to find 93-98 fairings or headlight so naked may be my option oh sorry in coffs harbour here sorry for long intro but thats my story.:D

You know what i love about this little story:D

Is the fact the you say you were knocked unconscious before seperating from the bike but you now how may tims the bike then cart wheeled after being knocked out.

Sounds like shit to me[xx(]

Im with the above if you dont fighter it FUCK OFF to another site.

boris
15-09-2008, 04:55 PM
why the fuck would I make up a story like that while I'm sitting here with a busted up leg and thumb is that what you do in your spare time I'm just on here looking around seeing what you guys have done trying to get some ideas you sure know how to make a fellow aussie feel welcome. a mate was following me who saw the whole thing happen obviously bullshit he told me I must have dreamt I hit the fence at 130kph and coincidently fallen out of bed explaining my 3 day stay in hospital yeah after I parted from the bike I hit the fence out the front of the local cemetery but I just made that all up so you would like me damo great talking to you buddy thnx for the other people who welcome inquisitive guests instead of abusing them

boris
15-09-2008, 04:57 PM
oh yeah damo now I know my limits do you?

Merlyn
15-09-2008, 05:13 PM
i think you need to relax Boris... first and foremost you gotta get with the mentality of the people here. But you may have shot yourself already.. Welcome if you stay

sharky
15-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Welcome mate.......
Damo...chill man.....;)

KATO ZX7
15-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse Boris.
Hope your recovery goes speedily,

as for the bike, Naked is best.
Plastics are ghey [}:)]

15-09-2008, 08:00 PM
you need to be more concerned about fitting your engine than how pretty it will look with or without fairings.

Benz
15-09-2008, 08:22 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/776536588220061.jpg
Blinged to the max,but you get the idea....
I don't think plastics are ghey:D, but you'd be doing the bike a favour, by loosing the combined fairing/bracketry weight, seeing they're probably rooted anyway!!
Er......welcome to the madhouse.

boris
15-09-2008, 08:31 PM
thanks guys and sorry merlin Ive been on other bike forums where no-one is spoke to like that either by me or any-one else you know if thats how he talks to aussies how does he talk to iraq'ies and benz that looks like a shitload of polishing there now if I may ask questions how do these bikes handle over say 200kph compared to full fairing bikes

latheboy
15-09-2008, 09:13 PM
No one is spared here..... I've had my shitfighter to 230 and it was fine, you just gotta tuk like good and shit

BillyWhizz888
15-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Welcome [8D]

zx12argh
15-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I've had the 12r apparently to 260. But that of course was on a closed road [:O]
Then there is that turbo busa wedged into a gsxr750 that was stratospheric...

Boris - this site prides itself on being a bit rough mate, no one is ever going to censor you and you can say whatever is on your mind. If you can handle the hazing and stick around there's a good bunch of blokes to tap into. And if someones giving you shit you give it right back. I sometimes wonder if this is what prison is like but without the soap and shivs.

Gix11
15-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome aboard Boris. Yea, we do things differently here.
As for over 200kph, take a bandit, FZ1 or one of the new Honda CBs out for a test ride and get up to that speed, then you'll know exactly. The main difference is that your legs are tucked up like a race bike instead of lying low. It's a radical position that most people really like after their first ride. If you are a regular 200+ rider you'll be wanting fairings of some kind though mate.

morrigan
15-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi Boris and welcome to Hazeville!
I think you're on the right track if you're looking for fairings.... everyone here's trying to get rid of 'em... In fact, I have a set for a limited edition 95 gxsr1100 that I'd part company with, including the headlight.

boris
15-09-2008, 10:25 PM
again thnx boys morrigan my 90 model was a limited edition but the new chassis is like I said a 93 which 95 fairings would fit if I'm interested how much for the lot cos like gix11 says I dont sit much below 160-200 on the back roads (which may have something to do with me coming off) still not decided do you have a contact email or number I could buzz you on

rod185651
16-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey boris, welcome mate.

Boris the Blade? As in Boris the Bullet-Dodger?
Why do they call him the Bullet-Dodger?
'Cause he dodges bullets, Avi.

damo1
16-09-2008, 08:38 AM

thanks guys and sorry merlin Ive been on other bike forums where no-one is spoke to like that either by me or any-one else you know if thats how he talks to aussies how does he talk to iraq'ies and benz that looks like a shitload of polishing there now if I may ask questions how do these bikes handle over say 200kph compared to full fairing bikes

Get used to it here mate:D

debaser
16-09-2008, 09:13 AM
About a half a dozen times probably would have been a better description. Like "my fighter does about 200 mph" Real story "my fighter does about 200 kph"

My fighter does about 200mph though. Any way it's not like anyone else on this sight has let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Pouting only encourages them by the way.

oldskoolsuzuki.info has a lot of older suzukis to give you ideas.

boris
16-09-2008, 11:21 AM
sorry about that about 6 times and damo I can handle being spoken to like a piece of shit (I'm married)I just dont like it brother http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/boris075/ouch036.jpg this was the end result of my 90 model

boris
16-09-2008, 11:23 AM
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/boris075/ouch039.jpg front wheel and forks used to be in there somewhere

zx12argh
16-09-2008, 12:10 PM
crunch... so when does the bike try out for the australian olymipc team? You did say it cartwheeled right ;)

Fight_fan
16-09-2008, 12:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

crunch... so when does the bike try out for the australian olymipc team? You did say it cartwheeled right ;)

Paralypics now Pete! :D Thats a pretty bad stack there Boris! Dunno bout the others but im glad ur on the mend! ;)

latheboy
16-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Ill give you $200 for the motor:D

boris
16-09-2008, 12:53 PM
thats the only bit worth re-using like I say it'll live on in a 93 chassis just the rest i'm still looking around to see what i should do with it and zx12 the only thing it'll be trying out for is scrap metal I was thing i could cut the rear subframe off and reman one like some of you have and make my own ass end but i dont think i could trust the rest of the chassis some of the roads around here we get up around the 270 kph mark and i dont want a wobble at that speed

debaser
16-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Damn, you might want to sell me that motor. Or I have a subframe and swingarm and rear plastics if you want them. I really think you should get rid of the motor though.... best thing

latheboy
16-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Stand in line debaser i was here first....

boris
16-09-2008, 07:23 PM
are you trying to hypnotise me into selling it to you debaser with that avatar mate wow ya nearly had me there for a minute.

Cruisecontrol
16-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Welcome, and sorry to hear about the stack. :D

Never leave home without one...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/98548986962249.jpg

boris
17-09-2008, 07:37 AM
hey morrigan you have mail I assume you are a busy girl

damo1
17-09-2008, 08:39 AM

sorry about that about 6 times and damo I can handle being spoken to like a piece of shit (I'm married)I just dont like it brother http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/boris075/ouch036.jpg this was the end result of my 90 model

Dont be sorry and show any weaknesses here youll get eaten alive.:D

Chin up and just give it back in future.;)

By the way im married to and maybe you need to toughen up at home as well if you cop shit off your missus.[:0]:D

boris
17-09-2008, 09:51 AM
nah only joking there damo great marriage mutual respect and no probs bud will give back in future

TurboKat
17-09-2008, 10:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

you need to be more concerned about fitting your engine than how pretty it will look with or without fairings.

Davo's right ([:0]) I have it on <s>good</s> <s>mediocre</s> <s>below average</s> Deano's authority that the engines & frames are different between oily & watery Gixers.
Do your homework.

boris
17-09-2008, 10:55 AM
nothing a tig cant modify i'm sure i'm sure all you guys have said that with your mods

daniel
17-09-2008, 04:02 PM
we ain't sponsered by tuppaware, it took me two times of crashing befor i said fighter the fuker. at least no cunt will pull up next to ya on the same make model color mass produced bike as you. nitro harleys don't have fuken fairings and they kind of go fast

Shadowzone
17-09-2008, 04:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by daniel

we ain't sponsered by tuppaware, it took me two times of crashing befor i said fighter the fuker. at least no cunt will pull up next to ya on the same make model color mass produced bike as you. nitro harleys don't have fairings and they kind of go fast

I'm glad you said Kind of Daniel.

Always good to clarify the situation.

Welcome to the clown show Boris. Hopefully Natasha wasn't on the back?

You'll be right as soon as you realise that you have saved yourself a heap of time and inconvenience by not removing your Fairings by hand and subsequently selling them on Egay.

Every Mushroom Cloud has a silver lining...

boris
17-09-2008, 05:20 PM
nah inertia got them off for me no chance of selling them on ebay

Jockney Rebel
17-09-2008, 06:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by debaser

About a half a dozen times probably would have been a better description. Like "my fighter does about 200 mph" Real story "my fighter does about 200 kph"

My fighter does about 200mph though. Any way it's not like anyone else on this sight has let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Pouting only encourages them by the way.

oldskoolsuzuki.info has a lot of older suzukis to give you ideas.
..my fighter does 327mph [but then its a spitfire ..lol]welcome mate ..thier a bunch of loonies here loosely coralled by gix

boris
17-09-2008, 06:32 PM
yeah I reckon debaser can say what he wants cos noones listening their all looking at the hot ass walking in front of them true?

boris
17-09-2008, 06:33 PM
oh and thnx jockney

boris
17-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I had a bloke in at work yesterday named steve he said some of you call him chong he looked at my wreck and said fucken fighter it so thinkin hard now how to and what to do

debaser
17-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I will tell my cousin oslo that you guys think his arse looks sweet??

If you are not going to sell either latheboy or myself the lump out of your stunt missile you might want the rear end I cut off mine to get stuck on yours. Does yours have the subframe welded on or bolt on?

boris
18-09-2008, 07:56 AM
was welded on but one side broke through the welds completely from the alleged cartwheeling

debaser
18-09-2008, 08:37 AM
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~dknight/118293580748.jpg
Message if you want an original welded subframe, and or plastics. It was cut pretty much flush with th frame. Personally I would put a more current subframe and plastics off something else.

http://a858.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/67/l_fda2f65d8dc483dc7160f4fc5cbc6399.jpg

boris
18-09-2008, 08:42 AM
good idea might have to do both debaser you've made my mind up I'll keep the chassis from the wreck cut the subframe off and make a fighter from it but also get the new chassis make a fairinged bike project commences oh and oslo doesn't have a sweet ass he has a fucken awesome ass when you're talking to him

Gix11
18-09-2008, 08:14 PM

I had a bloke in at work yesterday named steve he said some of you call him chong he looked at my wreck and said fucken fighter it so thinkin hard now how to and what to do

Yea, Chong is omnipresent down your way mate. He fetures in the AFR07 vid pulling a wheelie near the start: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_fools-2007.asp (half way down the page).

boris
20-09-2008, 05:50 PM
righto so far the rear engine mounts are about an inch further to the left on the watercooled chassis can't see a prob relocating them all the other engine mounts are metal plates nothing my plasma cutter cant sort out making new ones anyone else done this mod or am I just retarded doing it

debaser
20-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Been done before. I seriously recommend you sign up on oldskoolsuzuki.info this is documented on there.

There are already quite a few from this site on there.

STM77
21-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Boris, welcome.
If you do decide to put the plastics back on and morrigan can't help. I've got a set of the same fairinga to unloaded. Grey and Black 1991 GSXR1100. But in saying that, don't do it. Fighters are the Bomb

boris
21-09-2008, 06:34 PM
thnx stm thinking I'll do both now that I've got a frame with bent subframe will use that as a start for a fighter but get some fairings on this new frame now so I can get back on the road am hangin to ride again thats what my bike was originally a 90 model with black and grey plastics but thnx man morrigan is looking after me (she's a great chick) but thnx anyways will think about putting later plastics and subframe on fighter.