06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Check this out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

336LJ
06-09-2008, 03:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Check this out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

I think they were shooting a big chunk of iron or something. imagine copping it in the eye

06-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Ya gotta love natural selection...stupid americans!

SatinFS
06-09-2008, 07:34 PM
pitty natural selection was a shit shot as well. just 2 inches to the left would of had him dammit haha

Shadowzone
06-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I reckon it's fake. they never showed his head after the "alleged hit" and I can tell you now that rifle has no silencer on it and it's the quietest .50cal I've eve heard. Trust me that thing would have hit him in the shoulder like a freight train and the sound would have shaken the camera. On top of that did anyone study science at school? "The angle of refraction is always exactly the same as the angle of incidence". The Projectile would have been either on a rising or falling trajectory therefore it's not possible simply because projectiles don't fly in a straight line despite the common belief For it to hit something and bounce straight back. If it was on a rising trajectory it would have hit with an upward impetus therefore flying backwards in a downwards motion (with the additional aid of gravity) and vice versa if it hit in the downwards trajectory.

Apart from that I've never heard a .50cal sound like that after being fired either (and my new .505 Gibbs when it arrives sure as hell won't sound like that let me tell you). The sound it was making reminded me of the bombs in Roger Ramjet.

SatinFS
07-09-2008, 09:31 AM
it actually hits the ground in front of him b4 it bounces up to hit his ear muffs. they show the ear muff where the bullet hit. didn't get him at all.

latheboy
08-09-2008, 07:33 AM
I owned a .50 cal Browning bolt action years ago and it was quite for its size and it had 120 grains behind it .. my .58 cal is like a thremo nuclear weapon going off in comparison ..

On top of that did anyone study science at school? Well yes although as soon as a bullet starts to key hole its a whole different story to what you've described!!!!!

JackTar
08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Could be a .50 Cal hard to tell when it is just one shot and the camera therefore sound is behind the weapon. I use .50 Cal machine guns all the time and used to sit inside a 5 inch most of the noise comes out the business end of the weapon but if it did actually hit him in the head he probably wouldn't be alive I would say it was something the projectile kicked up that hit him in the head.

Shadowzone
08-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Latheboy, you're correct, but I'm going to assume he doesn't have issues with his projectile being marked, the rifling on his rifle (although that's probably debatable since he's dumb enough to sit around shooting pieces of iron) and that the crown on his barrel is all in tact. Keyholing is actually something I hadn't even contemplated, but if it's doing that? time to start looking for the fix. then again I just watched it again and it seems to have a Muzzle Brake on the front which if not lined up exactly or drilled slightly out would cause the keyholing effect. As you'd know. Aah who cares he wasn't hit with a .50cal projectile so it doesn't matter.

What's your .58cal? I have a .505 Gibbs on order from the Custom Shop in the Czech Republic which will hopefully turn up soonish since I'm keen to go and decimate some Pigs and Roos with it. Yes I know it's overkill that's what makes it fun. My mate has a .450cal on order from the same place ordered at the same time so hopefully they turn up together all though I doubt it. Everything out of there is Random.

latheboy
08-09-2008, 03:21 PM
I meant that it'd be key holing on the way back...

I shoot muzzle loaders .. Its a Parker Hale 1880's black powder rifle .. 4 rounds a minute if your pretty quick .. I can get a 400mm group at 900 yards standing..
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/478422688136521.jpg

I hunt with a 45/70 Marlin feels like a .22 and fucks shit up ..

BANDITROD
08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
well ivan you know what i am like ......i love guns and i would love to go shootin with your 45/70 they fucking rock and shadowzone where do you get your guns i would love to know mate

latheboy
08-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Ill have to bring my toys up to your place for a weekend Rod.... Dont know how ill go with a couple of rifles slung over my shoulder on the fighter, it might be frowned upon:D.. I think ill drive there

Shadowzone
08-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Banditrod: Halls Firearms

Latheboy, I've only ever fired a muzzle loader once in my life. That was when I was 14 in Mount Isa out at the SSAA Range.
I've never gotten to fire one again and maybe never will, but I'll Always remember that one till the day I die.
That's when I started liking rifles for more than the ability to kill animals and make heaps of noise. We had to wait till after dark because of the show it put on, but man what a spectacular weapon. I know why you like them.

BANDITROD
08-09-2008, 11:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Ill have to bring my toys up to your place for a weekend Rod.... Dont know how ill go with a couple of rifles slung over my shoulder on the fighter, it might be frowned upon:D.. I think ill drive there
fuck yeah lets do it mate there is shitloads to shoot around here

and thanks shadowzone

Shadowzone
08-09-2008, 11:37 PM
No worries mate hope it helps you. They're Townsville based, but shouldn't be a drama if you're chasing stuff.

You want their contact details?

BANDITROD
08-09-2008, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

No worries mate hope it helps you. They're Townsville based, but shouldn't be a drama if you're chasing stuff.

You want their contact details?
that would be great mate:D

Shadowzone
08-09-2008, 11:56 PM
No worries mate here ya go:

Halls Firearms Townsville

103 Charters Towers Rd
Hermit Park QLD 4812

Phone (07) 4772 1605

Fax (07) 4771 4034

Mobile Service 0417 753 864

sales@hallsfirearms.com.au

www.hallsfirearms.com.au

BANDITROD
09-09-2008, 08:23 AM
cool thanks mate

Lucas
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA&NR=1

pretty funny, redneck Texicans but still funny.