PDA

View Full Version : New Racetrack "Haunted Hills" near Moe.

TurboKat
01-09-2008, 10:15 PM
This is the track they've replaced the old Morwell Hilclimb with, looks like it'd be a blast on a smaller capacity bike or SuperRetard. [:p]
http://www.vhrr.com/photos/Haunted%20Hills/index.html
Wonder if there'll be any bike events held on it?
I'd expect our Gippsland members (Timbo, GSXAR) to have put a heap of laps on it already ;) so... what's it like?

TurboKat
01-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Lots of videos on Youtube too, all cars tho - search for Haunted Hills.
Seems like it only takes about a minute to get around it so the track's obviously not very long [V] Still... it's a lot better than drag racing. ;)

oldskool
01-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Tiz very narrow and cart like.
You would feel like a right Norman on a big bike, Run off looks expensive too.

timbo
02-09-2008, 09:35 PM
http://www.gippslandcarclub.com.au/index.html
Yep i've been down to the new track,a mate and i went to the first club event where they got over 120 entrants.The old track was about 750 metres long with limited spectating and the new track is around 1500 metres with excellent spectating either from the pits or the public carpark. On the day they had two vintage bikes one BSA and a NORTON [i think] and an outfit from the same era doing a few demo laps. Unfortunately i haven't seen any bike events yet:( Most places have a decent run off but there are a couple where it's not so good and best of all it's only 25mins from my place with lots of twistys, so if any one wants to come down for a look give me a shout:D

traviss
10-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Cant see the bikes being allowed near it until it passes the safety tests..It would be good on a 125/250 stroker but thats about it..

deafwish
27-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I attended an event a few weeks back with the WRX Club and it would be a VERY challenging course on a bike.
There are downhill off camber corners and tyre walls meters from the tarmac.
It is an incredible track for cars, but not ideal for bikes.

Just my 2 cents! [^]