PDA

View Full Version : Repairable write offs......Pissed off !!!

sharky
11-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Just been to get my new Qld rego......Poxy system still says its a repairable write off so they cant rego it......dispite me getting a VIV cert a year ago in Vic and paying their reg.
Now waiting for Vicroads to reply to Qld written off dept to see I'm gonna need another inspection...
For fucks sake its one country....would a common standard/cert be to hard to do ??????

alfiestorm
11-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey sharky you are forgetting the union stigma is still quite influential here in the local authority secta and it takes three people to place a piece of paper in the bin 1 to do it and 1 to supervise the oh&s and 1 union stalwart to make sure the piece of paper is not to heavy and will fit

03gixxerpilot
11-10-2007, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Hey sharky you are forgetting the union stigma is still quite influential here in the local authority secta and it takes three people to place a piece of paper in the bin 1 to do it and 1 to supervise the oh&s and 1 union stalwart to make sure the piece of paper is not to heavy and will fit

Aint that the truth of matters

Johnnie5
11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
if its a repairable write off then whats the issue ?

are they saying its a stat write off ?

sharky
11-10-2007, 05:21 PM
No mate. It was a repairable write off in Vic. I rebuilt it and got it inspected (VIV) It was then registered.
Now I am in Qld and the system doesn't show that it was inspected.
The wife had the same problem with her car but they sorted it out and she didn't need an inspection up here.
Basically it is at Qld Transport's discretion.
Its bullshit really...it has been fully rebuilt,repaired everything.......their excuse is "our standards are different"
I am now waiting to hear back from them...anything from 2 days to 2 weeks !!!!! :(

Gix11
12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
That sucks a whole lot of pole mate. One area I haven't tackled yet so i couldn't have warned you or anything!

nelpd96
12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Sharky,
Having done the repairable write-off thing with the daytona in QLD I can tell you that the inspection has nothing to do with the quality of the repairs it is checking for stolen parts/ re-birthed stolen bikes only. This is from the guy that did my bike, it is even in the fine print the that inspection does not look at the repairs or deem them safe. I would certainly be arguing the point with them.

Cheers
Paul

WarHound
16-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Sharky .. You got to jump through a few hoops but its easy enough to get them re-regoed I did it with the ZZR600. Its about 300 dollars. I did it through the Gold Coast because of where I live but I have been told the Brisbane guys are far harder on passing than the coast guys. Thats just what I have been told though. I took the bike in paid 380.00 or something and two hours later it was sorted 8) .. The paperwork was more hassle than the bike because I had to have a JP sign a stat dec of what I had done to the bike 8)

sharky
16-10-2007, 05:30 PM
GOOD NEWS :D
Got a call today from a VicRoads person.....seems that somehow :( a year after the VIV inspection..no-one had updated the National Datbase !!! Friggin Mexicans !!!
So she is requesting it be sorted asap and will let me know when it is done.
The Zzr is a different matter..thats gonna need a WOVI thing...so off to the coast methinks ;)