PDA

View Full Version : Lectron carbs

zedsled
24-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Have a set of 4 brand new never used 36mm lectron carbs that I got in a job lot. I contacted FBG that make them and they said they suit Dragbikes up to 1000cc and are an awesome carb for performance 2strokes and are used by a lot of road racers over there. They have new cables and two different sets of metering rods with them. He said replacement cost was around $1800. Asking for $550 plus p&h

evilkarl
24-08-2008, 10:41 AM
What's the part number for them please?

zedsled
24-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I have no part no. for them and they dont have one on them.They are a custom made carb by paul gast. If you go to his web site fastbygast or FBG I think it is you should be able to find any info you need. These are the new design with built in chokes.(apparently the early ones didn't have a enrichening circuit for starting) I dont know any more about them really. I know the 2 stroke boys love them, and 99% of the dragbikes Iv'e seen run them. I have no experience with either. All i have done is pull them out of a box and look at them. Maybe there is a member that can shed a bit more light on it for you
Cheers, Jason

evilkarl
24-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Are they 2 Stroke specific? ie: Won't work on a 4 Stroke

zedsled
24-08-2008, 02:29 PM
They work on both, allthough on 4 strokes they are really only good for drag racing

papa smurf
24-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Jason that is really cheap mate.
Are they power jet ones or standard?

Evilkarl, the standard Lectrons are a DRAGBIKE carby only the power jet ones can also be used on two strokes & are used a lot on racing snow mobiles.
The standard ones only have two positions of operation, off & FLAT FUCKIN CHAT.
I have standard 40mm Lectrons on my Kwaka & love em to death, best dragracing carby ever made.

www.lectronfuelsystems.com will give you all the info you need.

NOTE: Lectron carbies are NOTsuitable for road use.

evilkarl
24-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Cheers for the advice papa smurf. Yes my intentions for the carbs are for drag racing. but just need to make sure they will be suitable. Limited budget C/SB so can't afford to make $550 mistakes.

papa smurf
24-08-2008, 06:50 PM
If by C/SB you're meaning a 750 or such then the 36mm Lectrons will be perfect.;)

zedsled
24-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey Rick.I want a kerker pipe for my z900 thats worth $550 so thats what I am asking.Evilkarl, I talked to the guy I bought them off, and he told me he purchased them to go on his gpz750 dragbike with an 810kit but never went any further with it. The second cable will go straight onto a z throttle. From what I've read These things are the holy grail of dragracing induction. they pull the injection off busas and run them(lot bigger ones though). As I said these are new, never even had fuel in them, I don't think you would be dissapointed.

evilkarl
24-08-2008, 08:54 PM
I'lltake them, what city you in Zedsled?

evilkarl
24-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Ohhh!!! just looked at your profile, your in Brisbane. Can you email me your telephone number. I'll be around tomorrow I can pick up if your close enough.
E-mail address is karl@networkz.com.au