PDA

View Full Version : Prison, but was it justice??

EFE 1230
18-08-2008, 07:47 PM
http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=442266&i=40
Read this thread,start at the post of 10 pence short. It takes a few pages until he gives the Police version given in court then the victim's take on it but it's worth the read.

Azrael
18-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Thats harsh

morrigan
18-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Makes you think.
Someone recently made the comment that driving modern cars is like playing a video game... You're totally isolated from what you're doing... top of the range sound systems, air con, don't even hear the sound of the engine anymore, let alone the traffic around you. Easy to forget that you're operating a heavy piece of machinery that can kill someone.
I have to wonder what impact that thread will have on the way the readers drive?

Jockney Rebel
18-08-2008, 10:36 PM
thats was an eye opener ..u never hear from the point of veiw of someone whos been thru that ..ie the guilty party i still think hes a twat for crippling a guy who was doing fuk all wrong ..[we all know someone thats happened to ]..but to hear that he had the balls to admit he was wrong and deserved what was dished out is strangely uplifting...
tho i still think the old saying goes "the laws an ass ..."

w195
19-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Your right JR. Lot better than hearing the old "It's not my fault, I didn't see him!" thing eh?

336LJ
19-08-2008, 02:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by morrigan

Makes you think.
Someone recently made the comment that driving modern cars is like playing a video game... You're totally isolated from what you're doing... top of the range sound systems, air con, don't even hear the sound of the engine anymore, let alone the traffic around you. Easy to forget that you're operating a heavy piece of machinery that can kill someone.
I have to wonder what impact that thread will have on the way the readers drive?

Thats why I like my old car, tiny with a good power to weight ratio. Theres no fucking around and cruising your focused whenever you put the foot down. no power steering, barely boosted brakes, and sloppy steering/suspension. keeps you on your toes!

I think kids should be taught in clackety old cars so they can hear what they are doing, and learn to be aware of changing conditions on the road.and the effect it has on the handling of the car (datto on a dirt road anyone)
Only problem is they arent as safe as newer cars. which would be my only gripe.

Having been into cars for so many years, and now on the bike I cant believe the difference in what being on the road means.

The first 2 months on the bike I honestly would get home mentally fucking drained from having to be so focused on all the fuckwits driving around here.I think I'm just used to it now.
Now when I DRIVE, I'm as aware as if I was on the bike, constantly. allthough, hands up, I'm guilty of cutting corners by accident (gutter bashing) lol, and I get a bit wobbly for some reason if I jump straight in the car! Add to that the loss of a mate, and I fucking HATE driving now, the mrs is stunned I dont like driving. Its all I used to do for work and when I when I was bored.

I just replied to a post on some seppo site where some dickhead said "so what if I street race, its not your concern to be telling me what to do"
But its our right to drive/ride on the road as well, and you dont ask our permission to put our lives at risk. so it is our fucking concern.
Saying "bah I wont lose it" is stupid, if thats true, why do pro racers crash?

I refuse to race people in populated areas, I'd rather head out to an industrial estate with other like minded people, or go to the track.
I plead guilty to doing it before. and I still feel sick about how it could have all gone wrong.
Its hard not to want to skid it up and do silly shit, but I think you gotta pick your location.

These cunts in skylines and vn commodores going up the mountain need a kick in the nuts. I'v practically had to lift my head up out of the way so I dont take out their park lights ! And I ride like a bitch! lol

AS for was it justice, I think so. I wouldnt expect any less if I fucked some guy up that bad, cause I was driving beyond my capabilites. At least the system actually did CORRECT him. I dare say he will never do it again !

I hope that babble made sense.

Fight_fan
19-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Fuck me! That was a heavy read huh! Really makes u think...

Jockney Rebel
19-08-2008, 06:40 PM
lj ditto

Weaselman
19-08-2008, 06:46 PM
My first car was an XC Coupe with a 302 in it. My father said to me as i sat staring down what seemed to be miles of bonnet "If you cant drive this properly you wont drive anything else as long as i live"

Jockney Rebel
19-08-2008, 07:43 PM
fuk puts my first car into perspective ''a 1969 hillman hunter 1725 twin carb and my old man said "if u can start it u can have it"

kevkatana
19-08-2008, 09:22 PM
"I caused an accident after losing control of my car" BULLSHIT!!!! I fucking hate people who say they caused an "accident" It was a fucking crash. Not an accident.
My little tanty over now.

loosebruce
19-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Fairly heavy reading.
The problem with statistics is that they are just numbers, this presents a human perspective to a tragic set of circumstances.
An honest account from someone that has been through the wringer helps put it into perspective.

Didn't those twin carb Hillmans go hard,[:p] had one as my second (registered) car.
Good fun.