PDA

View Full Version : First time.

336LJ
08-08-2008, 06:54 AM
This was exactly what happened to me the first time I was "taught" how to ride a motorcycle. Only I was 8, on a Peewee 50 and was saved by the power of barbed wire fencing.

I havn't met anyone who did not have something like this happen on their first go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_BYLDXMUE

Fight_fan
08-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Sorry but im gonna have to put my hand up & say I never had that happen to me when I 1st hopped on a bike, & it hasnt happened yet!

Fucken funny vid tho! U'd be spewin if u owned the bike! See him trying to act like he doesnt care! Lol!

336LJ
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Sorry but im gonna have to put my hand up & say I never had that happen to me when I 1st hopped on a bike, & it hasnt happened yet!

Fucken funny vid tho! U'd be spewin if u owned the bike! See him trying to act like he doesnt care! Lol!

Damn, I bet I'm the only one. oversized helmet, combined with outstretched arms due to sudden acceleration = help!. I guess he isnt acting suprised cause who would be after giving a complete noob a bike like that to start on!

Lucas
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I rubbed shoulders with a barbed fence when I was about 6, first time on a bike too, Peewee 50.

pommybstd
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
my first ever time on a motorbike was on my sister's boyfriend's bike. i was 17 and still on my car L's (back in england). he said i could ride it and park the bike in the garden shed (where he kept it over night)..

me (with no muscles at the time) + yamaha thunderace + 3000rpm and dump the clutch and *in* the shed became *in next door's driveway after smashing through the shed completely*.

i was proud though - i didn't drop it :D

Fight_fan
08-08-2008, 10:49 AM
LOL! Nice work Pommy! Bet he couldnt have got too pissed off at u either, coz if he did it'd be no sex for him! :D

pommybstd
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
well... he was rather annoyed at me at the time. then two days later, he went into a turn too fast, wet leaves on the ground and grabbed the front brake.

hello tarmac.

that's karma for ya lol

336LJ
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

I rubbed shoulders with a barbed fence when I was about 6, first time on a bike too, Peewee 50.

I met a bloke who basically did a 50/50 grind on his legs along a barbed wire fence, after hitting sand on a trail bike. He could eat breakfast out of the crater it left behind.

loosebruce
08-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I've seen that trick done on a CB250,(way too many times):D

Jockney Rebel
08-08-2008, 09:28 PM
my first time was interesting in the fact that me old man taight me to ride on a old 125 bantam so when i went to buy my FS1E i couldnt ride the thing cos the levers were reversed and the box was all down ..fell off it outside the shop to the delight of the mechs in there

Chucky
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
My old man got me a battered old TY80 when I was 4 and I did exactly the same thing. Nailed it straight into a wall but still had hold of the bars even though I was screaming with tears.

My old man said "hold on tight and don't let go" so even though I was on the floor I still gripped onto those bars!

morrigan
08-08-2008, 11:05 PM
My first ride was at the Stay Upright course at Clyde. Didn't look where I wanted to go, leaned on the throttle too much and nearly collected the column holding up the M4!

Azrael
08-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Cant remember my first ride, that kinda sucks

Jockney Rebel
09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
..ahh i should read these properly i guess.... first ride ..on said Bantam...after spending half an hour tryin to get the fukin thing started ..ended in the shed [and by shed i mean british description 6'x4'] revved it like the old man said put it in gear and let the clutch out ..still no forward motion..ahhh its still on the stand let stand down... 6"wheelie and exit stage left

jakam04
09-08-2008, 10:59 AM
My first bike experience was a tad scary and to this day I hate 2 stroke bikes lol...

Riding my step brothers CR80 along a dirt road... only in 1st gear as I didnt know how to change gears at that stage.. Went to turn around on the track and as I was turning I was also turning the throttle unintentionally... needless to say that by the time Id fully turned around on the track..... Power band struck and up came the front wheel... throttle was shut off.... wheel came down and I gently rode the bike back to a hysterically laughing brother... hopped off.. gave his bike back and stood there rubber legged shaking like a fucking leaf for the next 20 mins...

Give me the predictability of a 4 stroke power curve anyday...

Jarrod

pt
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
i hit a tree on my cousins peewee50 on my first ride? kept riding trying to pretend nothing happened, but had a massive bruise on my shin. never rode after that till my Ls course!