PDA

View Full Version : CAMCORDER

FIGHTERMC
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
i'm looking to buy a bracket that bolts on to the
fuel cap that will hold a camcorder but not
having any luck finding one on the net
if you have any links can you post them for me please.
rgds
mc

ozkat
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Crazy Mofo will be able to let you know about one.

Large
10-07-2006, 09:09 PM
it's called 100mph tape or duct tape- use with foam to dampen the vibes and you're gtg

FIGHTERMC
10-07-2006, 09:32 PM
have seen duct tape used before but
i'd like to leave the paint on the tank
when i'm finished using it.

sluglie
10-07-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.sportbikecam.com/

these any use to you?

FIGHTERMC
10-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks sluglie thats what i'm looking for mate.
rgds
mc

Large
10-07-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm sure I've seen the camera put under the seat and a small lens on a cable taped to the fairing/tank/in front of the footpegs etc.

TurboKat
10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Yeah that's pretty common Large but you need a camera with a "video in" jack to run a remote lens (lipstick or pencil cam) & not many cam's have that facility.
That's really the only way you can get footage on a Superbike School trackday, (with the cam under the seat & a lipstick taped somewhere invisible) coz they are red hot on blokes taping cameras to their tanks/ducktails/etc, & won't let you go out on the track.
Bloody Killjoys. :(

FIGHTERMC
11-07-2006, 06:00 PM
i have a small pencil camara that plugs in to the camcorder
but its not the best on the market and also i have now
moved my battery under the back seat cause there
is no room anymore under the front after putting
the underseat exhaust on the R1.

JackTar
11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I made one up ages ago for my Busa with some help from mates that can weld, I don't have it anymore otherwise I would take some pics for you but what I basically did was get a piece of alli sheet fold it over so it made sort of an oblong/triangle if you know what I mean(so it was sort of a rectangle tube that started big at the back of the tank and got smaller toward the front. I bent all the sides then welded the edges together and drilled a hole in the top and one directly underneath that plus six extra holes underneath(will get to that) the hole in the top was made just big enough to get the right size screw in the camera where your tripod screws on and the bottom one was for getting a screw driver to it. The other six holes were for beleive it or not suction caps that you hold things inside fish tanks with which not only held it to the tank but provided sgock absorbtion. Worked pretty damn well and that was with a VHS camera so I imagine a new digi one with anti vibrate would be a lot better. If you are going to do this make a mockup first using cardboard or something so that you can get the height correct otherwise you may be just filming your dash. Whilst it does not sound like six little sucker caps would hold it on it was an effort and a half to get the bloody thing off.

Hope this helps.

JackTar
11-07-2006, 09:34 PM
And if that doesn't work these guys have heaps of gear www.helmetcameras.com.au

FIGHTERMC
11-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Jack i think i'll give your idea a go
it sounds good mate.
rgds
Mc

JackTar
13-07-2006, 10:03 PM
No worries brother, just keep in mind I take no responsibility for smashed cameras or taped evidence used by an insurance company in court for that matter :)