PDA

View Full Version : Single sided conversions???

WHO-NIN
06-10-2007, 10:33 PM
For those in the know,
Is there any dif. between the mid '90s vfr750 - later model vfr800 swinger ie: width of the tyre that can fit? any other dif's.??
i would think it would be best to get the rear disc n hub n caliper aswell but what about the rear shock?? what would be the best option?

cheers for the advice:)

latheboy
07-10-2007, 01:14 AM
The 800 is wider than the 750 .. the 750 would prob be easier fit depending on the bike .. you should get the whole swing arm assy .. i set my bike up on stands then measured the axle to gound and made the rest to fit so the shock will depend on the finnal axle height and how you build/manufacture your top mount .. for my gxsr the vfr shock was 50mm too long .. gay ... so i got a cbr954 shock .. werd .. so i think you should get everything but the shock then measure it all up

WHO-NIN
07-10-2007, 01:38 PM
thanx lathboy, i'll save $$ not getting the shock, but will get a complete swinger assy. as for the bike it goes into depends on a few things......naturally.... will go aftermarket rim depending on application.....

03gixxerpilot
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM
you can fit an 800 wheel onto a 750 swinger by machining out 4 slots in the rim to relive were the bolt for the disk break sit on the 750 hub ;)

damo1
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah as the boys said the 8 is wider than the 750 But it is also a heaps better looking arm than the 7 because its beefier.

The question of the shock is really all dependent on the bike you are putting it into.

Ive got an 800 arm in my blade and the orig blade shock is the one i used with the orig blade linkages just with some small spacers to line it up perfect.

Im running a 7" rear wheel on my bike so when we put it in Exben off set the arm slightly to get the clearance from the wheel and then spaced out the front sproket and had to machine the rear carrier a bit to compensate.

Thern also spaced the wheel 22mm(i think from memory) to get it all sweet.

What are you putting it into??????

And make sure you take plenty of build pics along the way id love to see them.

WHO-NIN
10-10-2007, 03:10 AM
gotta get the swinger first damo (unless sumcunt gips me at the last minute) before i decide what to put it into....although i would love to see it in my zed.....

WHO-NIN
13-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Well i got the swinger n bits:):)...now to decide what to put it into????[8D]

Large
13-10-2007, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by WHO-NIN

Well i got the swinger n bits:):)...now to decide what to put it into????[8D]

You bourbydol?

:D

WHO-NIN
14-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah, had me mate bidding for me coz i was at wk, he got a bit overzelous on the disc! but got the rest at low prices, so can't complain to much....

Funiest thing Large i called the guy and offered him $250 for the lot 4 days ago, he said no n i ended up paying $252 LOL, bloody expensive disc's these :D:D:D

Large
14-10-2007, 05:32 AM
I was watching that lot and I saw you were watching one too, but no one had bid with 2 minutes to go so I bid 60 on the arm. Didn't want to be a "sumcunt" but wasn't going to let it go if no one else bid.

Looks like you coulda got it all for $241 if I didn't bid.

:D

WHO-NIN
14-10-2007, 09:50 AM
ha ha ha ha ha, ur not sumcunt Large!;) don't blame ya with the swinger and at least u didn't drive the price up far but sumcunt realllly wanted that disc, if i got that $10 over list price aswell i would've only paid $191[^]

but got the complete assy so:D

Large
14-10-2007, 10:37 AM
so you better start cutting bolting and taking piccys :D

WHO-NIN
14-10-2007, 09:36 PM
gotta get my bike back first:(......haven't seen it in nearly 3months[V]

WHO-NIN
06-11-2007, 01:00 AM
My Zed's getting fixed on insurance so fuckit ( i got an oldie to ride in the mean time:( ) it's getting the single swinger 2. need a hack wheel for a dummy fitup me thinks...

SO watch this space for piccies n plent'o dump questions!LOL!!!
got a mate organized to make spacers as req. hopefully.....

S'pose i'll have to document details ayy coz i know pics are mandatory for this sorta thing;)