PDA

View Full Version : Reshaping and trimming Carbon Fibre

Buggzz
04-10-2007, 02:19 PM
G'day fellas,

I have a damaged Termignoni C/F front guard off of a T509, that I would like to trim back along each side to remove the fork mounts etc, and convert it into a hugger.
The triumph T509 had a very wide curvacious front guard so if I can trim the bits that are in the way off it will make quite a nice rear hugger.
I'm a bit hesitant to start hacking away at it as chances are it will turn to shit quick smart if it is done wrong. There must be a wrong way and a right way to do this if anyone can spare the time to throw me a few tips it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

damo1
05-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Buggs when i cut my carbon hugger down that i used to run on the blade i just used a 3" cut off tool but really any type of cut off blade on any grinder will do the job.just try get a real thin one maybe 1-2mm

Just mark it out were you want to cut it and take your time with a nice straight cut to clean up the edges you could just use something like 120 girt sand paper.REMEMBER!!! if its a real nice shiny clear coated one dont let the sand paper run over the side you want to look at or it will scratch the fuck out of it.

If this helps its exactly the same as working with fibre glass ;)

Hope this helps you out:D