PDA

View Full Version : Double standards much?

336LJ
26-07-2008, 04:31 AM
AS IF cops are only out to give bikers a hard time.

They do their job, and make a good example for us to follow.

I mean, you cant enforce laws that you cant obey yourself....right..?

hehe fuckers...

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-AU&brand=ninemsn&vid=1aa5a16d-e4a9-41b0-97be-902b5ced0877

alfiestorm
26-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Just goes to show that my thoughts on the aussie traffic cops are wankers is true.

Lucas
26-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Just a wanna be cowboy on a powertrip.

Weaselman
26-07-2008, 05:12 PM
unfairly target bikes??
Cops??

Never!!

toss

BANDITROD
28-07-2008, 03:11 PM
i can honestly say that i have never been targeted by a cop unless it was because of my own stupidity and i cant work out why everyone complains about them i mean i understand that there are always a few bad apples but not all of them are cunts i have been pulled over for speeding on my bike and let off heaps of times and if i get a fine i know its my own fucking fault so unless you have a genuine reason for whinging why give them a hard time i have a few mates that are cops but they are good blokes the only time they act like coppers is when the are at work which is no different from anyone else that works for a living .now i know i will prob get flamed over this but i couldnt give a FUCK:( cos with all the experience i have had with cops has been pretty fuckin good and always my own bloody fault

latheboy
28-07-2008, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

i can honestly say that i have never been targeted by a cop unless it was because of my own stupidity and i cant work out why everyone complains about them i mean i understand that there are always a few bad apples but not all of them are cunts i have been pulled over for speeding on my bike and let off heaps of times and if i get a fine i know its my own fucking fault so unless you have a genuine reason for whinging why give them a hard time i have a few mates that are cops but they are good blokes the only time they act like coppers is when the are at work which is no different from anyone else that works for a living .now i know i will prob get flamed over this but i couldnt give a FUCK:( cos with all the experience i have had with cops has been pretty fuckin good and always my own bloody fault

I second that Rod ..

alfiestorm
28-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm still sticking to my own validated opinion of aussie traffic cops

Azrael
28-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I agree with what your saying rod, theres good and bad, problem is when the bad out number the good.
I copped a well deserved pinapple a few weeks back for acting like a tool and i rekon i got off lightly, the cop was a funny bloke, he pulled the piss outta me, i pulled it back, no harm no foul. The problem is i think i got one of very few nice cops in west aus, the majority of traffic cops are targeting bikes heavily at the moment and targeting specifically fender eliminators. This is breeding hatred and contempt among riders toward cops for being pulled over for no reason other than to issue yellow stickers (work orders). And the rediculous thing is they have even stickered brand new unmodified bikes claiming the FE is substandard.. its fucking out of control here..
I understand cops have a hard job but on sat while standing outside a club a scuffle broke out between two guys which two passing pushbike cops began to brake up, after convincing one guy to walk away, they took the second guy to the ground and started violently shoving people away who were standing "too close" at which point more cops showed up. Now all this is well and good and considering a large crowd they have to be aggressive to assert authority and control over a situation but.. there were 3 large cops holding down one skinny teenager trying to cuff him and they tazered the shit out of this kid. The entire crowd suddenly got very hostile toward the cops for using what was clearly excessive force. I was appauled at how badly they handled a simple situation which could have been diffused without violence and undoubtely without the use of a tazer. If 3 big cops cant put cuffs on one skinny kid we have a serious fucking problem with our police training.

Having said that, decent cops will always stand out amongst the bad ones and have my respect, the bad ones wont get the steam off my shit.

BANDITROD
28-07-2008, 04:01 PM
i couldnt agree more mate well said its just where i live bikes have never been targeted its more hoons in cars that get arse raped, but i totally understand that its different for people in other areas and also i blame the price of fuel amongst other things for this outburst alot of you guys are getting cos alot of people are getting there bike licience for cheap transport hence the more cops will have to keep an eye on bikes i reckon but thats just my overview on this subject

Azrael
28-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah i imagine with the increase of noob riders on the road our crash statistics will soar and well all be forced to trade in the bikes for donkeys or something..

Donkeys arent so bad, i like to seem em put a defect sticker on my ass haha

BANDITROD
28-07-2008, 04:14 PM
:D

Cruisecontrol
28-07-2008, 04:37 PM

I thought exactly the same way till a recent meet-up.
We were all sitting at a servo minding our own business when a copper pulled up, proceeded to photograph all out bikes/plates and then call us over for a group huddle to let us know that they were onto us motorcyclists..

An absolute crock of shit.

motogp_nut
28-07-2008, 04:55 PM

Did you not watch the video?

BANDITROD
28-07-2008, 05:10 PM
no i didnt bother cos if its the one where the cop pulls out in front of the biker then i have seen it, and all i am trying to say is why judge all cops the same when we all know they are not here is an example on the way to AFR this year myself and pab13 saw very few cops now the first one was near tamworth i think and i passed him doing around the 150kph mark and do you know what he did flashed his headlights and signalled that i slow down and thats it so if they are all such cunts then why not give chase and book me and then about 100klms down the track we got pulled over for a breatho and i didnt even have my liciense on me or my rego label it was in my bag strapped to pabs bike and all he done was told me to make sure i carried it at all times (which i knew that allready)and then sent me on my way i could go on all day about the run ins i have had with cops and it all still boiled down to if you dont want trouble dont break the law simple as that

336LJ
28-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I can vouch for the fact that there are good cops and bad cops, I'v had the local cops drive past me when i was waiting at an intersection, with smoke billowing out my windows and rubber all up the ass of the LC. smile and nod, they wave and shake their head at me haha.

I dared my mate to do a burnout past the cop shop and he did. got done for "excessive noise", in a stock car mind you. coulda been alot worse.

I'v been pretty lucky so far. But I know its not going to be long before I have to argue the logic of slipping up the side of cars at the lights, to avoid being stampeeded by 4wd mums in a hurry to get to the shops before they shut.

Its just clear that this vid shows one of the assholes with no knowledge of motorcyclist mentalities, he's suprised they actually do the speed limit. I do the speed limit!(most of the time) holy shit. i must be soft.

as for the comment the news reader made about the holden racing thing on his shirt.. what a DICK! "need for speed" lol. they are grilling him on his attire, when he's clearly a plain clothes D.

He's breaking the law, driving like a complete tool, and what pisses me off most, is targetting bikes not anyone else. could be the media's spin on it but the driving part is evident.

I wonder if the people who didnt move over (that clearly could) could get booked.

oldskool
28-07-2008, 10:49 PM

Im also with you rod, but I did get a cunt that busted me for 7 counts of fail to indercate when I was lane splitting, but he got shot with his own gun some years later.(true)

zx12argh
29-07-2008, 12:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

...there were 3 large cops holding down one skinny teenager trying to cuff him and they tazered the shit out of this kid....

If he was dressed like an emo he deserved it.

pommybstd
29-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I saw a marked cop car on the Old Pacific Hwy near to Cowan doing an illegal U-turn over double white lines, no lights on, no sirens on the crest of a hill, on a blind bend...

so i went into hornsby police station to report, "a white commodore driving illegally on the highway".. they took all the details and asked for the number plate..

"oh," says me, "i didn't get the plate"
"damn," says the copper at the desk, "we'd love to catch an idiot like that"
"shouldn't be too hard" i reply, "it had POLICE written on the car."

they didn't look too impressed, but my mrs nearly wet herself laughing

Tempest
29-07-2008, 10:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by pommybstd

I saw a marked cop car on the Old Pacific Hwy near to Cowan doing an illegal U-turn over double white lines, no lights on, no sirens on the crest of a hill, on a blind bend...

so i went into hornsby police station to report, "a white commodore driving illegally on the highway".. they took all the details and asked for the number plate..

"oh," says me, "i didn't get the plate"
"damn," says the copper at the desk, "we'd love to catch an idiot like that"
"shouldn't be too hard" i reply, "it had POLICE written on the car."

they didn't look too impressed, but my mrs nearly wet herself laughing

HAHAHA, thats gold, u should've got that reaction on video!!