PDA

View Full Version : Names hey!

Lucas
25-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Judge says silly names are 'a social disability'

WELLINGTON
25/07/2008 12:00:00 AM
Parents make fools of their children by giving them eccentric names, a New Zealand judge says.
Family Court judge Rob Murfitt launched the attack after finding a girl had been named Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.
He ordered the girl, the subject of a custody battle, to be placed in court guardianship so her name could be changed.
A lawyer had reported the nine-year-old was so embarrassed about her name that she had not revealed it to her friends and was otherwise known as ''K''.
The girl feared being mocked and teased, and had a better insight than her parents, who appeared not to have given any thought to the implications of the name, the lawyer said.
Judge Murfitt, who made written findings on the issue public, cited other names such as Number 16 Bus Shelter, Violence and twins Benson and Hedges.
''Recently, for the first time in my experience as a Family Court judge, the name of a child described in text language has emerged,'' he said.
On that occasion the mother had named her daughter O.crnia but was prepared to concede to a condition of a parenting order so it could be adjusted to Oceania.
He said he was concerned such names presented a social hurdle for children.
''It makes a fool of the child and sets her up with a social disability and handicap,'' the judge said.
New Zealand authorities said some of the names said to have been given to their children had not been officially registered.
''The names Fish and Chips, Masport, and Mower, Yeah Detroit, Stallion, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit have not been registered,'' registrar-general of births, deaths and marriages Brian Clarke said.
He said names could be declined for registration if they may cause offence to a reasonable person, were unreasonably long, or resembled an official title or rank. Names using numerals would also be declined. NZPA/AAP/DPA

Fight_fan
25-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Faark! Imagine if that was ur name! Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii! I would open up one giant can-o-whoop ass on my parents if they hated me enuf to do that!

Gix11
25-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Sex Fruit. Sounds like a name for Large?

Lucas
25-07-2008, 04:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahathiscouldgoon forawhilehahahahahahaetc

Iceman
25-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I threatened to call my daughter Kaye, doesn't seem too bad until you realize my last name is Cole.

pommybstd
25-07-2008, 04:57 PM
in the company i work for, there is a male customer with the name "Mr Funky Lovebunny".

i'm not joking either.

25-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Time for a mail order bride and Bus Shelter #17

Jockney Rebel
25-07-2008, 05:41 PM
we had a bloke at school called Elvis Aaron Mc Cluskey cos his mum was an elvis fan ..he got ten ton of shite about it

pommybstd
25-07-2008, 05:54 PM
and i just spoke with another customer called "Thi Bich"

holy cow, i just LOVE these foreign names :D

motogp_nut
25-07-2008, 07:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

I threatened to call my daughter Kaye, doesn't seem too bad until you realize my last name is Cole.

LMFAO

StuNVA
25-07-2008, 07:55 PM
went to school with a kid called Graham Graham, always ment to ask him which of his parents had the stutter.

Large
25-07-2008, 08:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I think it's time I did some serious shooping

JackTar
25-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I have a cousin named Sandy Castle and I went to school with a kid called Martin Martin Martin, no that was not a mistake I meant to write it three times.

Bear
25-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Here's two brothers I went to school with that luckily, had good natures to have a laugh at themselves:
Alistair Dick (A. Dick)
Nicholas Dick (Nic Dick)

Lucas
25-07-2008, 10:51 PM
The Footy fag Dougall McDougall

I just saw a vietnamese bloke on the tv whose name was Phucdat

Azrael
25-07-2008, 11:04 PM
I wanna change my name to Thomas Danger Wonderful so my middle name is danger and Im Mr Wonderful..

chopaweeza
25-07-2008, 11:45 PM
I used to know a train guard named Harley Davidson . Harley had three boys . All the boys had normal middle names that they went by but their first names were Knucklehead , Panhead and Shovelhead . No shit , he proudly had their birth certs frames on the wall of his house . When his missus got knocked up with their fourth child she got worried as there was only Flathead and Blockhead left in the big twin range of motors he had named the three boys after. Well , she had a little girl and after much debate announced the little girls name was Susan . What he later admitted was her second name is Sportster .

Jockney Rebel
26-07-2008, 01:06 AM
well i guess there has to be a Richard Head out there and a Micheal Hunt,and a Wayne Kerr..
my brother was gonna call his son Luke ..not a problem i hear u say ..well yeah but our last name is Walker ..and the only way to make it worse would be to have his second name as Sky!

my other bro has named his son Billy ..also not a problem till u realise that when he finally moves here and our two kids are out playing ..we will call them in and ..itll be ..Billy!....Joel!

jakam04
26-07-2008, 02:00 AM
My wifes name is Kelly... not too bad... but if she was a child with my last name going to school things could have been a lot worse... The usual nasty versions for the name of Kelly is Smelly etc...

Now add Smelly to my last name being "Date" and hey presto....

Smelly Date

J

alfiestorm
26-07-2008, 06:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

well i guess there has to be a Richard Head out there and a Micheal Hunt,and a Wayne Kerr..
my brother was gonna call his son Luke ..not a problem i hear u say ..well yeah but our last name is Walker ..and the only way to make it worse would be to have his second name as Sky!

my other bro has named his son Billy ..also not a problem till u realise that when he finally moves here and our two kids are out playing ..we will call them in and ..itll be ..Billy!....Joel!

Yep you are right when I was installing pay tv for Nynex years ago there was a customer with the name of richard forehead. We had to address the customers by thier surname as well, couldnt stop myself from laughing luckily has was a good bloke and said just call me dickhead the wife does. Funny times

Large
26-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Went to school with a Justin Case and a Justin Head, who had a brother called Richard

Lucas
26-07-2008, 08:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Went to school with a Justin Case and a Justin Head, who had a brother called Richard

What do you call a man with a one in dick?? Justin...........boom boom:D

There is a scientist named Richard Cranium.

barknmad
26-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Aussie driver - Will Power.
Mate's wife at work called their first son Daniel , so he called their second Jack. She didn't get it until after registration. But he's got them tattooed on his arm! 8^)

Large
26-07-2008, 10:17 AM
How about Nascar driver Dick Trickle?

pt
26-07-2008, 03:10 PM
alexander beverige who insists on being called sandy? who knows...

DaveK5
26-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Used to go to school with a guy named Elton....Thought nothing of it until I was told that his full name was Elton John Taupin...ghey..And he played piano[:0][B)].

Weaselman
26-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I used to have a teacher whos last name was "Jackaman" and it was a woman

Docktor
26-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Had a chinese mate whose name was bountakane vilysak or something like that, got nationalised and changed it to kenneth. kenny vilyasak..... can he feel ya sak ?

latheboy
26-07-2008, 11:03 PM
There was a climber years ago who changed his name to "Way Wicked" .. Didnt take him long to be over it

zx12argh
26-07-2008, 11:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

.... Well , she had a little girl and after much debate announced the little girls name was Susan . What he later admitted was her second name is Sportster .

How does she ride?

My brother went to school with an Amanda Rin.

oldskool
27-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I know a bloke named Peter Rabbit.

chopaweeza
27-07-2008, 12:51 PM
And in the Bundesheer there was a Hauptmann(Captain) named Hans Nees attached to our battle group. Little Sportster & her brothers would be in their late teens/early 20's now so she's out there somewhere. When I knew them they lived at Regents Park .

336LJ
27-07-2008, 07:32 PM
bloke at work's last name is Peacock. said he wants to name his next son Drew.

morrigan
28-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Friends of mine have a daughter with the second name Marin. Last name Ayton.

oldskool
28-07-2008, 10:41 PM
just had a customer today his last name was Cockram.

zx12argh
29-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I went to school with Megan Wanka.

Apparenly its pronounced Wonka - I found this out on my first day at a new school calling out the role.

fimpBIKES
29-07-2008, 12:55 PM
try going through professional life with a name like "fimp"

i have thought of changing my name to "richard" or "si" but im not too keen in turning gay and wearing frilly dresses to the shops

Johnnay
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
A guy at work is named Jack Goff...:D

-Dex-
03-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Went to see that movie "Wanted" last night and noticed in the credits that there was a dude called Wayne King. I giggled, had to say it slowly a few times for the gf though.

StuNVA
03-08-2008, 05:49 PM
My high school head master was Richard Head, bald as a badger too.

Snortin
05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Wife worked with a guy named Nick Goff

05-08-2008, 05:36 PM
USA swimmer Misty Hymen.

a few of the many i've had at work
Dick Honey
Brian Hogtossle
William William

David Davis

Azrael
05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Dick Honey is kinda cool, but william william ? thats just really fucken cruel..

hooligan
06-08-2008, 07:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

a few of the many i've had at work
Dick Honey

You've had dick honey at work?
Hope you got a pay rise afterward.

latheboy
06-08-2008, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by StuNVA

I did too .. Were you in a school in Vic

Smiley
06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I Deliver mail to a Mr L.Mao ......

L M A O !!!!

evad
06-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I heard of a couple calling thier youngster Miles and their surname was Long, can you imagine he shit he would cop at school especially if je was vertically challenged

Fish
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Got a guy at work, last name Cumbus...

motogp_nut
07-08-2008, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by evad

I heard of a couple calling thier youngster Miles and their surname was Long, can you imagine he shit he would cop at school especially if je was vertically challenged
Oh, I don't know, he might be popular with the ladies ;)

StuNVA
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

quote:Originally posted by StuNVA

I did too .. Were you in a school in Vic

No, NNSW but he left the school the same year I did in 82, not sure where he went, cant say we were great mates he was a bit of a dickhead.

w195
07-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I had a teacher called Ben Dover and worked for a guy called Dick Sizer. LMAO when a customer walked in and asked if that was his name or his job title![:0]

Gix11
07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
We've got a member on ASF who has the same surname as his christian name and he told me the origins of it. Apparently it's very common and it's a Scottish thing from the Lowlands in the 15th century when surnames did not exist but you took the name of your father or grandfather so two family members from the same family would have different surnames. All a bit confusing... I'll get me coat.

Fish
08-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Also have someone here if you say the name to fast it sounds like pussy chew.

Snortin
10-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Some of you guys may remember. There was a guy in the English Olympic equestrian team ( the 1 before Sydney) who's surname was Hole. There was a chick in the team who's first name was Phillipa and they were engaged. They both showed up at the Sydney olympics, married, and she was entered as Phillipa Hole

Mishdog20
11-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Went to school with a girl, first name Jenna, nice name ey, second name Tahlia, Haha :D
Just wanna say that this website is the best kickin round. Wish i found it years ago. A real big fan.

Snortin
13-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Was in the navy a long time ago and there was this chick in there who's name was Lana Todd. She used to get a bit pissed off when we said it backwards

Gix11
13-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Just remember a Kiwi mate used to work for a painter called Dwayne Pype. He was in the wrong business hey?

KATO ZX7
13-08-2008, 05:53 PM
This is a bit left of centre, but during the recent tour-d-france, the fella (dirty) 'Sanchez' made me laugh every time he's name was mentioned.

Lucas
21-08-2008, 12:06 AM
There is an Aussie softball player, her last name is Titcume

Shadowzone
24-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I went to school with a Wayne Kerr. I also remember a news article about the English couple who named their Son Drew. Yes their surname is Peacock.

As for me I don't have the dramas of a dodgy surname, I just have one that is too hard for most people to get right first time round. Shame really, but works well when the telemarketers call and I tell them they have the wrong number...