PDA

View Full Version : Stoner on pole

gibbo
20-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Casey stoner is on pole for Laguna shitta after breaking the lap record by one & a half seconds, feels funny cheering for a ducati hey?

Azrael
20-07-2008, 09:21 PM
yeh an i gotta get up at 6am to watch it, damn cant drink beer while i watch it..or can i..

Hillsy
20-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to warm to Stoner. I used to get goose bumps watching Mick race, but for some reason Stoner just doesn't excite me....

Gsxar
20-07-2008, 09:34 PM
And just to get in the mood the Supers are on Fox sports 2 now:D

jakam04
20-07-2008, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

yeh an i gotta get up at 6am to watch it, damn cant drink beer while i watch it..or can i..

is that pay or free to air

gibbo
20-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Dunno about you lot but is on channel 10 at 6.45 here in sunny Melbourne.
As for warming to Stoner, remember he is still only a kid.

DCRacing
20-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Ok here is a bit of a brag, but he came out to one of the track days i had, actually it was the last really successful day i had before i had to call it all of( due to that old issue of insurance ) anyways when he was out there he was a really down to earth bloke, not trying to set the world on fire just trying to be fast, his comment that stuck most was "i'm not fast the other guys are, i have just got to catch up to them" or something to that effect. as i said a really nice kid.

gibbo
20-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Well said James, always seems happy to thank his team and family when he does well but only blames himself when he fucks up, unlike some.

gibbo
21-07-2008, 07:29 AM
What the fuck happened to Lorenzo?
That was pretty crappy coverage, missed a few good bits I reckon.

suxukifreak
21-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Aussie 2nd and 3rd!!

Fish
21-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Rant on

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11465

suxukifreak
21-07-2008, 10:51 AM
What Stoner said...

Casey Stoner – Second Placed
`The mistake I made past halfway was mine; I ran a little wide and lost the front on the turn as I tried to get back on track. It was race over after that. I enjoyed a lot of the race, but I felt that some of the passes a bit too much for me. I´ve been racing for a lot of years and have come through a lot of different ranks, and for me just a couple of passes were a little too much. I would have liked to have had a little bit of a cleaner battle, but anyway we are happy with the result. We´re still at the front of the championship and not too far off.´

fimpBIKES
21-07-2008, 11:08 AM
fair enough, but i didnt think rossi did anything "naughty"
i mean, he did run off the track in the middle of the corkscrew to avoid getting caught up with stoner

cant ask for much more than that can ya?

was it just me of was that track covered in sand once you got off the main-line?
i think the tracks with the astro-turf on the outsides of corners are fuckloads safer than these older ones!

Weaselman
21-07-2008, 12:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to warm to Stoner. I used to get goose bumps watching Mick race, but for some reason Stoner just doesn't excite me....

Right with you there.
Im still a rossi fan... and i dont like ducatis.

TurboKat
21-07-2008, 12:11 PM
In my opinion, the Chipmunk was way out of line with a couple of those overtaking moves, he knew he couldn't match Casey's pace so when Casey got past him he pulled stupid moves to get back past because he knew Casey would get away. :( On at least 2 occasions he nearly took both of them out & he made himself look like a desperate C grade club racer & if you read between the lines of what Casey said, he obviously thinks the same thing - he's just too nice a bloke to actually say it.
Rossi knows he will lose the championship again this year & it seems his ego is getting the better of him & making him ride in ways he normally wouldn't.
Plus, he's gay... there, I've said it. [:0]

pt
21-07-2008, 12:21 PM
that pass on the corkscrew was gayer than a tranny with AIDS. fair enough he ran off but he fucking rode straight back into the side of stoner when he cam back on. too far in my opinion. elbows out by all means but stupid passes that will result in both riders going down is a no no.

they don't like that in WSBK either so don't try the boring racing line!

Hagarr
21-07-2008, 03:09 PM
You imagine if a lesser rider than Rossi made those moves they would have been screaming at him to Fuck off. Rossi is still the best though he's got wide bars if anybody tries to get past. Maybe its time for Stoner to do the same !!

gibbo
21-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Replay tonight, 9.30 on foxtel

Hillsy
21-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Just had a look at the race again. Nothing wrong with any of the passes in my opinion - just good hard racing.

StuNVA
21-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Good race, Rossi new if he let Stoner pass him and get a break he'd be looking up his arse for the rest of the race, so he just done all he had too to stay in front of him. Stoner was dead set unlucky to loose the front end when he did, another 2ft of dirt wider before the gravel and the score sheet may have read differently. Good race, best man won.

kevkatana
21-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Some of the best racing I've seen for ages. Swapping paint is awesome. It's all tactics. That's why I like to watch the 125's.

Hagarr
21-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Hillsy i'm with you just watched it again and Rossi didn't do anything wrong. Good hard race. Stoners got a job on his hand this year.

Azrael
22-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Id rather watch two of the best go at it with everything they have than another 5 boring years of rossi winning everything without any competition, rossi is only as good as his competition and his quote before this last race "to stop stoner you will have to shoot him" and when asked if he had a plan to beat stoner he said " yeh start 30 seconds in front of him". I hope i see more shoulder rubbing and cutting corners through the dirt, last man standing wins, rubbing is racing, dont like it, buy a pingpong table..

Fish
22-07-2008, 09:49 AM
I agree, stoner did just as much "rubbing" as rossi did so i don't think he can really talk. I thought it was a brilliant race seeing two of the best really giving it thier all. shame stoner ran wide cause i would have loved to see that going on for the whole race.

Bear
22-07-2008, 07:36 PM
"rubbing" is fine unless you are the receiving end of it. ;):D
The real danger is that once it starts, it'll become the norm until someone falls off and then a punch-up etc or unless someone backs down ala Gibbernau.

I don't think Stoner will back down so I expect to see more of it from here on. Someone will come off if it continues.

KRASH
24-07-2008, 09:06 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/99484410492575.jpg

:D:D:D

Bear
24-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Imagine if Pedrosa was up the front bar-bashing with them - they'd all be off! ;):D

pommybstd
25-07-2008, 03:09 PM
stoner on pole:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/130028456185460.jpg

get it..? heehee

ralph
25-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I like seeing Stoner and Vermulen do well. Valentino is the current GOD of motor racing but nothing compares to Doohan @ co riding those insane two stroke bangers. My favorite rider was the lanky Texan#34
Talk about no fear. Any hard racing is good racing. Oh, and Casey, who fell off? Litte intimidated, I think thats part of Valentinos plan. Turbokat it takes one to know one.