PDA

View Full Version : Thieving mother fuckers

GaNDaLF
03-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Was at work the other morning 6:30 7:00am broad fucking daylight, as always park me ride at back of shop, do some work then go out back door to cafe 2 doors down to get a coffee thats my usual routine, got coffee was walking back to me back door noticed a bike parked up the road thought to meself wonder what sorta bike that is? turned and noticed my bike spot was empty, first thing that ran through my head was didn't I ride my bike this morning FUCK I did thats my fucking bike!!! so I legged it up the road and fuck me theres two fucken low life cunts trying to load it on the back of a red ute IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.....by the time I got there they had jumped in their ute and fucked off... the moral to this story is be very careful my ride is now chained, disc locked, and steering locked at all times....Fuck me its my only form of transport..sad thing is I didn't get there rego num..oh and the shela cop couldn't have given a fuck.....

appo
03-10-2007, 09:07 AM
low life fucking bogan assholes..... catch em, cut they fucking nuts off
and then fucken shooten em... or something along those lines.
Ive had two bikes stolen, one of which I was trying to sell at the time, had people come around to look at it, the next day it was gone, advertising it just got thieves around to look at it!! thats was a dirt squiter, never got it back, then I had a 97 blade stolen from
out the front of a hotel I was at.... fuckers burnt that one!
stealing is the lowest fucking act on the planet!!!

GaNDaLF
03-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Yea you ain't kidding, I kinda feel a bit responsible as I shoulda known beta than to leave it unchained, but have learnt my lesson now, a guy I know was telling me these fuckers use skate-boards to steel bikes they just put em on the boards and roll em away fucken dogs....

appo
03-10-2007, 09:31 AM
heres a link to an australian company making its way in the security market.....
they make a locking system which uses a ground anchor and hardened chain, but where they
stand out from the rest is the way the lock works... its pretty much impossible to cut the lock.. the kit cost approx $260, you get the lock chain and 2 anchors.
it may not help while your at work?? unless you install the second anchor there?
it can also be used to lock boats, garage doors, anything really.
I have one and swear by it, good product.
aussie made & owned, best type of system on the market.
http://www.gsmpty.com.au/

appo
03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
also.... if anyone is interested in one of these, I have dealt with the boss there
quite a bit and I can see if he'll come to some kind of deal for members here....
depends on any interest i guess???
you may of seen these advertised in cycle torque a few months ago??

fimpBIKES
03-10-2007, 11:06 AM
dirty fuckers

i try to not have routines too much (i.e. take different routes to work sometimes etc)
but yeah, that was a close one
an alarm with a vibration thingy woulda alerted you to it
but its only any good as long as you are within ear-shot of your bike all day (ever notice how nobody gives a shit if a car alarm goes off?)

GaNDaLF
03-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanx appo gonna check it out sounds like the go :} sorry to hear bout your bikes man not fucken good :{ fimp got one of those disk locks wid the built in alarm orderd..the bike is well within ear shot...while I'm at work and home....

appo
03-10-2007, 11:21 AM
I also use one of those alarmed disc locks , Xena brand.
works pretty good... makes a bit of noise, every little bit helps!!
and they're only about 60 bucks.

Gix11
03-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Anyone remember what happened to NTB's alarmed disc lock at the AFR this year? I wonder if it's still in that tree?

appo
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
what happened??

Docktor
03-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Just because it was the most annoying thing in the world doesnt mean its gotta live in a tree for the rest of its life............unless its brittany spears of course. i got most of my good bikes in the shed with a camera in da corner, and when I am out I just slap a disc lock on em if I am walkin out of eyesight.never had a bike stolen but so I guess I aint that paranoid about it yet......

GaNDaLF
03-10-2007, 02:45 PM
lol yea first few days after the incedent I was parking inside the shop kinda looked outa place with whats on the tank cover lol now thats paranoia...just cant afford to loose it its my freedom.....you all know what I mean :} will post pics

WHO-NIN
03-10-2007, 03:08 PM
die thieving dogs......glad you recovered ur bike in time gandalf

WATEVR
03-10-2007, 08:30 PM
bloody scum bags nothing worse than busting your arse to afford a toy or anything and some prick thinks that they can just take it. pitty you didnt catch them, morons.

jock
03-10-2007, 08:37 PM
not sure if it was this forum or another one but I saw a video of 3 guys in a mini van pull up and load a bike in from the side - ive heard similiar stories in sydney as well - pinched to order

skateboards under front - but surely if you lock the rear it makes it bloody hard cuz its a dead weight

zx12argh
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
how about just wire a massive capcitor to the bike and any bastard grabbing the handles bars gets the boot of his life.

GaNDaLF
04-10-2007, 07:16 AM
cheers who, appo checked that site out ya posted looks the goods anything that is gonna make it hard for these dogs will help, as for the capcitor 12 should be a fucking lethal shock that'll fuckem....apperently ya cant set a man trap in this country...:{

fimpBIKES
04-10-2007, 09:05 AM
fuckin worst thing is that if u have a proper fighter, chances are nobody will insure you (especially if u want to commute on it [XX(])

GaNDaLF
04-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Yea fimp thats really fucked up..geez not like you have to be riding a fighter to have a smash I would like to see the stats for fightered crashes, standard bikes and those fucking hairdryers..

WATEVR
04-10-2007, 02:35 PM
i saw the guys at a shannons stand one day selling insurance and list all the mods on my bike and they still would insure comp for a more than competitive price bout $600 for the year and you could pay monthly.

fimpBIKES
04-10-2007, 02:38 PM
but u cant actually use your bike....

Large
04-10-2007, 02:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

but u cant actually use your bike....

you can use it...you just can't use it for getting to or from work or couriering etc

fimpBIKES
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
so u cant use it [:P]

Large
04-10-2007, 03:15 PM
you can use it on the fools run and the old road and on weekends and holidays and sickdays and worker's comp days and public holidays and the odd work day if you take another root....

fimpBIKES
04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
nope, thats not tru
i had a biiiig argument with em

if at any point u end up at your work, then the whole trip is "commuting"
and therefore naughty

shannons are the sponsors for the show and shine so im gonna try to get someone to assess the tiller anyways
should be interesting... :D

Large
04-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I asked them if my car was in service yada yada could I ride my bike maybe twice a year and they said yes as long as it wasn't regular

GaNDaLF
04-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Is insurance really that complicated fuck me its all I own and yea I commute everyday rain hail or shine, dont get much snow in the bay lol...I've had some quotes got for me however sounds I'm gona have to look at their policies a lot closer...:{

fimpBIKES
04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
it just depends how modified it is

from what i can gather, the insurer will set a market value and then they are willing to cover 20% on top of that for mods
doesnt even cover my wheels :(

GaNDaLF
05-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Well its not that modded yet, still got arms, legs, etc etc to go yet bwahahah NO seriously...lol wonders to self how much would it cost to ensure human body mounted to a bike..lol

Z750 Steve
08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
insurence for my unmodified (not for long) 2007 Z750 is $1200, what a rip off.

Slain
08-10-2007, 08:09 PM
my cbr954rr stock as a rock was 4200 as the highest from nrma and the cheapest was 2500 full comp
so i have 3rd party theft and run the gauntlet

Weaselman
08-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Unless your bike is chaned to the ground then the chances of it being walked off with are pretty high.

Theves want high end bikes or bike with a high sale range (CBR600 F2's etc)
These bikes are to much trouble to rebirth but some are.
The best thing to do is if you own a modern bike you should have data dots... Everywhere
Record where you put them (Usually on anything saleable)

99% of bikes knicked end up as parts on ebay.
If you see somthing that rings a bell and you buy it and it has data dots on it then WHAM you got the sucker bang to rights.

Ok you dont get your bike back but there is one less piece of filth on the street to break the heart of another hard done by rider.

Learnatic
10-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Congrats GaNDaLF on getting your bike back,asswipes must have crapped themselves when they saw you running towards them.Shop around for insurance,I have full comp for my '04 Z750 from Swann for $314.I cant believe they give a chimp like me a full no claim bonus when I just got my licence a year ago and went straight to a 750 but I will take it.Im about to renew and I'm going to shop around,will let you know how I got on.I use disc lock but will get a chain too.2 guys can lift a bike with slings thru wheels the way they get crashed race bikes of the track.

GaNDaLF
10-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Cheers Learnatic....:}

fimpBIKES
16-10-2007, 09:15 AM
was reading AMCN the other day

the stats on bike theft are ONE IN 76!!?!!?!?! sounds unbelievably high