PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts and a Progress Report

joe.d
01-10-2007, 06:18 PM
So I blew my engine on the DYno, it was a coolent problem that I neglected to sought out, I havnt got the motor apart yet, but I think its piston slap (wrist pin damage), I guess Ill find out when I get it apart.

with one of the motors I got a Power commander USB, but I think the map thats on it isnt suitable, it seems to run a little lumpy at tickover.

Anyhow bought a couple of engines and its up and running again, I think the shims need attention but its running OK, Ive decided with what I have left engine wise Im gonna build a stroked motor, for 2K you can get a KIT kit from BIGCC, that gives you 1170...gixer 1000, and I think Id rather go that direction than go with a turbo,

yeah friken, had a little trouble with bleeding the coolant system, but heres a word of warning to all you fighter peeps the overflow container is very important, and has to be vacuumed sealed, if your using a one hose coolant resivour it needs a siphon tube to the bottom of the coolant resivour and it also needs to be primed,

Anyhow Im ready to pick up my clutch cover with the window in it,
http://members.shaw.ca/britjoe/clutchcover1.jpg

and Ive got a VFR swinger that Ill probably get in this winter...

Still thinking of Paint.....but I think the raw metal look still looks good.
what do you guys think.

I dont think Im ever gonna sell this bike, Ive had offers, what it is really worth? $3000 maybe $4000,
I mean people build fighters thay dont buy them.

I'm looking at buying a new machine in the next year, and this thing will remain in my stable as a URBAN ASSAULT Machine.

http://members.shaw.ca/britjoe/GSXRJOES.jpg

Gix11
01-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Seems like the SSS is becoming the new "must have". Bugger that you blew the motor Joe, but quick recovery mate. Nice work.

So what's this new machine in the new year going to be then?

joe.d
01-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Im really fired up for a BKING, but no news of it comming to Canada yet so Im gonna have to go to the states and get one, the exhausts in the BKING look like shite, but Yoshi make a twin pipe that looks the dogs bollocks
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/admin1/images/08_bking_trc_cf_header.jpg

fimpBIKES
01-10-2007, 08:11 PM
makes the exhaust a bit better

still a looong way to go before it looks any good though [XX(]

bummer about your engine
so it just cooked itself? didnt a light come on or something?

01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I reckon it looks pretty good, even with the exhausts.

Perfect BASE from which to build a real StreetFighter, remember they're built not bought.

Deano
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
hey joe.

is that cover welded in?

joe.d
02-10-2007, 12:39 AM
yeah its tigged in....it was a fucker cause the suzuki aluminium is shite

Groomey
04-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Must have been a very sad day when she blew

joe.d
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
well yeah, but what can you do, you just find away to fix it.
and I dont know what the prices are like there but motors for Gixer 1000's are cheap here

Gix11
05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
When you say cheap, what sort of price are we talking Joe?

joe.d
05-10-2007, 11:51 PM
ive bought 2 for $500 a peice, and I got another two basically what the call car kits, throttle bodies and harness, ecu etc for the same price.

Gix11
08-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Shit! That really is cheap. What's the story, are bikes cheap as well or is it just because of the shear volume over there?

joe.d
08-10-2007, 11:55 AM
everybody here wants the newest model, so parts here seem to be pretty easy to come bye, privately, if your buying from a breakers, its abit more money

Neo Dutch
08-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Holy canine testies Batman. That is awesome. I really like the cool air induction.

Slain
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
the b king is really starting to grow on me!
good to hear of some proper bikes in canada, spent a couple of weeks in calgary and medicine hat and saw bugger all sports bikes and not one fighter. the minimal ones i saw though all had pretty much straight through pipes on them, sweet sounds..

joe.d
10-10-2007, 11:58 PM
yeah Im kinda a pioneer here, not too many fighters here in calgary, theres a couple but Ive kinda been involved in there build, its catching on though