PDA

View Full Version : Who were they going to hit ?

Chris41
03-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Fucking whingers everywhere!!!

Top Gear's Arctic drink-drive scene 'grossly irresponsible'
July 3, 2008 - 6:38AM
Source: ABC

Popular British motoring program Top Gear has been rapped by the broadcaster's independent watchdog for showing presenters drinking while driving a car in the Arctic.

A special edition of the program, aired in July last year, featured the show's three presenters in a race to the Magnetic North Pole.

Two of them, Jeremy Clarkson and James May, were driving a heavily-modified Toyota pick-up truck and were shown drinking gin and tonics as they did so.

It prompted one viewer to complain that the footage was "grossly irresponsible".

The show's producers said the item had been filmed in an uninhabitable area of the North Pole, in international waters where no drink-driving laws existed, and that the presenters were not shown to be drunk or out of control.

However the BBC Trust upheld the complaint saying that drinking while driving "could be seen to glamorise the misuse of alcohol".

Other complaints about the show, ranging from criticisms of the scorn shown about global warming and the possible effect on the local wildlife, were rejected.

[u]</u>

BANDITROD
03-07-2008, 06:01 PM
that was one of there best episodes i reckon i cant stand this sort of shit why whinge when its fucking free tv if you dont like it change the fucking channel you whinging cunts maybe a spoon of cement is needed so they can harden the fuck up

Large
03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
You murderers.

What about the baby penguins/polar bears/seals?

Jockney Rebel
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM
jeremy clarkson for PM,

Bear
04-07-2008, 12:22 AM
No not Jeremy. He'd whinge about most things and then not bother or know how to fix them. ;):D

They do some great stuff on that show. The cheap car drive across the USA is also notable. Especially the red-neck service station scene.

Lucas
04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

You murderers.

What about the baby penguins/polar bears/seals?

No penguins in the Artic Large. You only find them in the southern hemisphere, cept for around the Galapagos islands ( I think) and a part of the Southern American coastline:D