PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane - Red Cross Blood Drive Ride 5/7/08

zx12argh
03-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Guys,

Merlo Coffee is organising the Red Ride for Life on Saturday 5 July at thier Thompson Street Bowen Hills factory.

They are inviting motorcycle enthusiasts to congregate at the factory at 9.00am for coffee and a sausage sizzle before riding in convoy to the Australian Red Cross Blood Service in Springwood to donate blood.

We would like to promote the event as it is such an important thing thats needed , being as our choice of transportation is at such a greater risk of something going wrong , i think its a worth while cause , case in point..........Sasha.......im sure everyone has heard or read about her ordeal without people donating blood or plasma, she may well not be with us today even if you cant give blood for whatever reason, come along and show your support to those who can

Also if any of your staff, customers, family or friends are interested in taking part in this great event, all they have to do is either register online or by filling out the registration form.

They can also email Kate at kate@merlo.com.au

Details and registration @ http://www.merlo.com.au/about/news.htm

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact her

Have a great weekend and hope to see you there

I'll be there at 9:00.

Gix11
03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
A lot of us Poms are banned from giving blood mate. All to do with the mad cow thing in the late 80's and early 90's. I'm sure there's a few guys that can make it though.

Lucas
03-07-2008, 01:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

A lot of us Poms are banned from giving blood mate. All to do with the mad cow thing in the late 80's and early 90's. I'm sure there's a few guys that can make it though.

Its just cause poms have tainted blood[:p]

zx12argh
03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Just cause you are certified with a brain diseases doesn't mean you cant come along for a ride ;)
Mind you its just down the highway so not exactly stimulating, I'll be on the dirt bike for added fun-ness.

Large
03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

When I woked in town, we used to give blood as often as possible. Then we'd get a free hotdog/drink and a Mars Bar. Sometimes on a friday, we'd give lunch a miss and go straight to the pub, cause it cost less to get pissed.:D

Cunts don't want my blood now. CJD is good for me!

Lucas
03-07-2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/48716815035128.jpg