PDA

View Full Version : Good bit of luck today!

2ndclasscitizen
30-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Some what out of the blue, I had a bike that was nicked from me [u]15 months ago</u> recovered today! Some poor bugger bought it from the oxygen wasting thief and tried to register it. Apparently he did a REVS check but nothing came up, so unfortunately he's out some money, but I've got back my bike when I never thought I'd see it again. I alwasy wondered why someone would nick it since it was a 15yr old GPX250, but thieving crackheads are thieving crackheads I guess.

Booster
30-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I thought a revs check gave you some sort of security ? good to see you found your bike but whats the point of a revs check if it doesn't redflag the bike to start with and secondly give some security to the buyer.

KATO ZX7
30-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Ah, nice to hear some great news (for you that is, i feel bad for the poor bugga who bought it[:O]).

What sort of nick is she in?
The same or has she been modified?? [}:)]

2ndclasscitizen
30-06-2008, 11:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

I thought a revs check gave you some sort of security ? good to see you found your bike but whats the point of a revs check if it doesn't redflag the bike to start with and secondly give some security to the buyer.

That's what I thought, but apparently they're not 100% accurate.

quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Ah, nice to hear some great news (for you that is, i feel bad for the poor bugga who bought it[:O]).

What sort of nick is she in?
The same or has she been modified?? [}:)]

Actually it's in bloody good nick. Pair of new tyres, and had a good clean up. Probably neater than when it got nicked. Felt fucken weird to ride though after getting about on my 6R [:p]

Lucas
30-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Turbo it

Fish
30-06-2008, 11:52 PM
REVS only tells you if there's money owed to a finance company on it or not, for stolen shit you should take the vin or engine numbers to your friendly police station or i think transport office. http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/about/details.htm

Revs stands for Register of encumbered vehicles. why they don't just throw a list of stolen vin/engine no.s in as well is beyond me.

IMP-INC
30-06-2008, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

Turbo it

lol:)

Issues
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

REVS only tells you if there's money owed to a finance company on it or not, for stolen shit you should take the vin or engine numbers to your friendly police station or i think transport office. http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/about/details.htm

Revs stands for Register of encumbered vehicles. why they don't just throw a list of stolen vin/engine no.s in as well is beyond me.

to check it on write off register, do a VCHECK or eqivalent in you state. I'm not sure if this will show up stolen vehicles, but I am pretty confident that it does.

Fight_fan
01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Score! Good one Mitch! Did u offer to sell it back to the poor sod that bought it?

2ndclasscitizen
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Score! Good one Mitch! Did u offer to sell it back to the poor sod that bought it?

I didn't think that would go down so well. Poor bloke was shattered.

Fight_fan
01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by 2ndclasscitizen

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

I didn't think that would go down so well. Poor bloke was shattered.

Nah that'd be heaps slack! Lol! Yeh understandable he was devo'd hey! U'd almost feel like lettin him keep it, the poor bugger!:(...Almost...

Lucas
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Couldn't he take action against the fucker who rebirthed it???

Financial recovery throught small claims or something similar........

You'd kinda feel sorry for him but at the same time you'd be snatching those keys back.

2ndclasscitizen
01-07-2008, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

Couldn't he take action against the fucker who rebirthed it???

Financial recovery throught small claims or something similar........

Apparently he can, copper said that the current situation is that the thief can just say he hasn't got any money and the poor sap in the middle ends up getting $5 a week for the next few years.