PDA

View Full Version : info on RD/RZ 500

Jockney Rebel
29-09-2007, 12:20 AM
right lads as uv noticed ive just pulled apart the honda and flogged most of it
[and i bet ur all thinkin ah yeah got a new bike no need to build one! ]to that i say this......
gents ive just been offred a RD/RZ 500 [a bike ive always wanted to screw around with ] for the measly sum of 1500 bucks all found up and running
what i wanna know is what are these beasts like to live with ?
can i machine out the cases to accept 350 barrels and..
can u dry shot nitrous into it :D and how do i hide it from "er indoors ?[?]:D

29-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Good score mate, those things go like a dog shot up the arse.

Actually speaking of which I was out at a mates farm back home years ago when the neighbors dog wandered onto the property. Given that it was the neighbors best dog me mate didn't shoot it on sight as usual, but calls it over, soon si it's close enough he grabs it by the tail, straight off the ground. Quick touch up of it's ass with a wire brush, then he poured metho on it's ass and let it go. Ever heard a dog scream? and fuck that mother moved, damned near knocked the gate off it's hinges it went through it that fast, and you could hear it howl for miles.
It never strayed again apparently :D

WHO-NIN
29-09-2007, 12:51 AM
good score...prolly worth more as a clean factory original......
a guy i know has a nice clean running Yammy RZ 500 sitting on stands in his lounge last i saw it.....

as for hiding it from the missus....

Jockney Rebel
29-09-2007, 12:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_eUmOU_3LQ this is what im talking about

alfiestorm
29-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Jim get it dont worry about hiding it from the missus just get her on the back and let the vibes do the rest :D

Jockney Rebel
29-09-2007, 01:26 AM
this guy bought my exhaust for his 900 his garage is like a fukin museaum ..hes got a really nice RG 500
ill tell her i got it for nuthin ..that usually works for awhile till a big mouth lets slip its worth summat then it miraculosly turns into a dining table or summat

alfiestorm
29-09-2007, 01:31 AM
you know what jim I want a rgv500 some day soon (he said whilst dreaming)

29-09-2007, 01:35 AM
strokers require too much wrist action.

But I'm sure the 2 of you are up to it :D

alfiestorm
29-09-2007, 01:46 AM
is that the best you can cum up with chalk :)

29-09-2007, 01:49 AM
Hey it's fuggin late OK

Well past this old man's bed time.

alfiestorm
29-09-2007, 01:53 AM
that should be fat old tired kiwi crunt :D

29-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Well.......................... yeah

alfiestorm
29-09-2007, 02:00 AM
just as I thought you are getting a bit soft of late.
Anyway back to my home brew now,this is the first batch i have made since being in oz and another 80 pints on the way yeehaaar

Jockney Rebel
29-09-2007, 02:35 AM
oi u gotta save some of that rocket fuel for me and ill bring the whisky wont i chalkie ?

29-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Speaking of which, I polished off the last of that Vodka, and the JD just this evening.

And if he's bringing the Tallisker Whisky Alfie, you better be ready for some unstoppable drinking. I don't normally drink Whisky, but that stuff I couldn't get enough of.

Cruisecontrol
29-09-2007, 09:53 AM
My first bike was an RZ500. Absolute shit of a bike but as mentioned, went like a stung cat.
16in front wheel made handling a bitch and tyre purchasing even worse. Constant tank slappers were terrifying as were the lowsides when it decided it didn't want to corner anymore.
It would foul the plugs at the drop of a hat and ran on less than 4 cylinders too damned often (and getting to the top 2 plugs was a mission and a half).
The kickstarter was a bit of a mongrel when the engine was not quite warm but when things got nice and hot the underseat exhausts burnt your arse.

But hit when you hit 6500 rpm and enter the very narrow powerband, none of it mattered...

cutcat
29-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Spot on Cruise, my first roady was a RZ500 too!!! ferkin tank slappin front end slidin' bitch of a thing looking back. But then I thought it was the ducks nuts.
Crashed it with my girl on the back..... but it would pull 245km/h on a long road. Fun to ride but slow at the drags, power band too narrow. Give me a 4 stroke anyday. Slow compared to the RG but stronger in the box. Overly complex motor with geared cranks etc. Being a V4 there is no room for bigger barrels and small ports mean small carbs only. Damn kick starter lever fell off somewhere leaving me kickless miles from home. And then she hydrauliced with the premix oil after sitting for a while throwing a leg out of bed.........and that was it. Just a memory now.

Jockney Rebel
29-09-2007, 11:00 PM
yep it was a nice thot but ...........i gotta buy a house so if its till there after xmas then maybe ........

alfiestorm
30-09-2007, 12:19 AM
I have a plan and that is to always try to have 160 pints of brew ready at any one time.
It will either kill me or pickle me or both so I may need some help to rotate some stock now and again

Jockney Rebel
30-09-2007, 03:17 AM
well me and my brother are definately going to the island next year so we may see you on the way or there perchance