PDA

View Full Version : Nothing personal...

Freddo
25-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm more sad everyday by noticing that less and less people nod, From I come from, the "nod" is most of the time a clear "hi" from the left hand...
Would I have more responce by giving the finger to everyone? I'll try, so if it s you...nothing personal, I'm just testing...

hyofighter
25-06-2008, 09:44 PM
i too have noticed the lack of the "nod" going on , i havent passed you on the road havent seen the "bird" , but riding a hyosung i get a lot of pointin the finger and laughing , in general people are just getting more rude

BillyWhizz888
26-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Right thats it....

Lets all stick up the finger from now on, that way we know we will get a responce :D

zx12argh
26-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I always nod - never get it back when i'm on the dirt bike tho.

Funkenfresh
26-06-2008, 03:19 PM
i like to nod

Hagarr
26-06-2008, 03:33 PM
The Nod was never really a West Oz thing its only been the last couple of years since that started but it was (as far as my riding days go) always on the east coast.

Iceman
26-06-2008, 04:18 PM
This was brought up on the east a while ago too. I put it down to motorcycles being more fashonable these days and owned by dickheads rather than the majority being real enthusiests like it used to be.

Bear
26-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I sorta tilt more than nod. A tilted nod? :D

Chrimsey
26-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree theres a Lot more Faceless Tools riding These days who dont Understand Comradeship, People who ride cos its cheap to commute to there dead Pan job in a City hi rise, You can tell these folk as there bike is dirty(ok Mine is at moment But i wanna wash it soon) and There tyres are Bridgestone Battalaxes that where bald when they brought the bike and they usually have stock Exhausts and faded Perished Screens,oh and a Shoei helmet that is Hypercolour like in the 90's.

hyofighter
27-06-2008, 12:47 AM
that discibtion sounds alot like you brenton , have you been looking in the mirror again:D

kookaburra
27-06-2008, 07:02 AM
yeh not just that but as a people we are just getting more arrogant and rude alot of people just think that they are better than you . i was at a set of lights on tonkin hwy the other day this dude was looking streight at me , i gave the nod and no responce from him . i thought what a rude prick , the lights went green and i built a bridge .

Chrimsey
27-06-2008, 03:54 PM
My helmet is Red Scot, Ya Big Doosh!!

rod185651
27-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I like to nod, wave etc, but riding home from work today I realised that I'm guilty of probaly ignoring alot of other riders. You see I'm concentrating on what the other fuckwit road users are doing, being a fuckwit myself lane splitting etc,checking out some hot chick's arse and generally ensureing I don't end up a statistic, if I see another bike I like to acknowledge them but sometimes I realise too late that someone has nodded or waved and I have passed them already. And if you ride a tractor forget about it you'll never get a nod or wave.;)[8D]:D

morrigan
27-06-2008, 10:33 PM
At the risk of sounding racist, I've found that the nesbies and the fully sick bros are the ones that don't acknowledge. Found the same situation driving a semi - used to get the left flasher going past once, but now: nuttin'

Chrimsey
28-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Tractor riders get a Slightly Different Finger and Wrist action, Good fun Holdin it flat past Some Boys with colours and grotty Harleys usually in a Bunch of 5 or More, I dont think they appreciate The Slightly Muffled TL1000s swingin past then on a Nice Highway. he he