PDA

View Full Version : You'd never guess

gibbo
22-06-2008, 08:10 PM
that a combination of wet roads, fog, speed, too much beer and smoke, a tree and a belief that when you are 18, and have several months of driving experience behind you will end badly [:0]. Surprisingly it did as our youngest found out last night, back seat passenger in above said situation. Phone call at 6.30 am from the Alfred hospital today, hello your son is in here with a broken back and ribs and assorted bruising, thanks we say, be there soon[B)]. Turns out he is a very lucky little fucker as even though he has broken a couple of vertebrae and some ribs he is in no danger of permanent injury and may be home in a couple of days.
There is a small amount of deja vu in this story as some of you may recall our eldest fell off a building pissed last september breaking his back also[}:)] WTF is going on with these blokes[V] Have since locked up the middle child to prevent any more early phone calls;)
Anyhow someone posted up regarding what advice you would give your kids, my answer is DON"T FUCKEN HAVE ANY:(:(:(

papa smurf
22-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Fuck me Gibbo, you & yours are having a bit of a rough trot there mate.
Hope it all works out ok.
How is the older bloke getting on by the way?

gibbo
22-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks mate, Matt is doing ok, full time job nursing down at Frankston hospital but is still doing physio and will probably never fully be without some minor problems but is gettin on with life and having fun. Wants to get his bike learners but I,m not sure thats a good idea, I mean if he can't hang on to a whole building then how is he going to hang on to a couple of handlebars?

Iceman
22-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Didn't your kids drink milk when they were younger? Everyone knows milk is essential for stregthening young growing bones. It's not to late for them Al, get them some milk!!!!!!!!!!Quick before another one breaks.

On a serious note it's good to hear he'll be ok.

zx12argh
22-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Shit mate thats a fucked phone call to recieve. Glad to hear he's going to be ok.
So whats the plan? Wait till he gets better then slap him around for him and his mates mixing booze and driving?

Buggzz
22-06-2008, 11:51 PM
notmilk.com

Jockney Rebel
23-06-2008, 12:20 AM
shit gibbo u lead a stressful life im breaking my sons legs now ..hes 4[while i can still catch him ] that ll keep him out of trouble lol
glad urs is still walking mate ...feel for ya

Fight_fan
23-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Fuck Gibbo! Thats rough mate! Glad to hear he'l be OK tho, thats the main thing...

TurboKat
23-06-2008, 06:01 PM
There's only 1 explanation... SHITHOUSE PARENTING ;)
Poor Sue must be beside herself.

gibbo
23-06-2008, 06:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

There's only 1 explanation... SHITHOUSE PARENTING ;)
Poor Sue must be beside herself.

That may be a very large factor but you'd think self preservation would kick in somewhere[?]
Found out he also has a broken collarbone, the more pain the better I say. May help the lesson sink in[}:)]
Just about to go in and see him, think I need to apply a bit of salt;)
Like I said though he is lucky, no permanent damage so will be good as new soon, unless I do some more damage to him in the near future;)

WATEVR
24-06-2008, 04:26 PM
shit gibbo that no good mate, just makes me think of hoe lucky i was when i was younger with the stupid stuff i did!!

but more scarey is the fact i have to go through it again with the 3 yr old, 1 yr old and the latest edition coming soon!!!

where was that bloody dont have em advice 4 years ago!!!!

Gix11
24-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Your kids don't fear anything do they mate?

HueyonaBlade
24-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Fear the Reeper I say, Your kids are just trying anything to get away I actually see it as a cry for help ! Has anyone got the No. for Human Services ,or maybe Hinch , Today Tonight or A.C.A sure they would love to know of this sought of abusive behavior is happening right under our very noses[V]

TurboKat
24-06-2008, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

Fear the Reeper I say, Your kids are just trying anything to get away I actually see it as a cry for help ! Has anyone got the No. for Human Services ,or maybe Hinch , Today Tonight or A.C.A sure they would love to know of this sought of abusive behavior is happening right under our very noses[V]

L.O.L. :D
Gold Huey... & sadly it's true as well [V]
What Gibbo neglected to mention is that the poor lad is only 6 years old [:0]

gibbo
24-06-2008, 08:49 PM
How could you possibly [:0] and to think I considered you friends [B)] I told you those welts on there back were the result of an alergy [:I] please don't call Hinch, he's a Kiwi[}:)]

KATO ZX7
24-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Hope he gets better soon gibbo.
Send my thoughts onto Sue.

Note to self : lock up Jack when he gets to 16 years old.

Gsxar
25-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Shiat, That’s not good Gibbo:(. Give Matt a slap for me n tell him he is a very lucky boy! Thoughts are with him n hope he heals fast.

I tend to disagree about getting his learners. In lots of young people the responsibility of riding/owning/maintaining a motorcycle is just what they need to smarten them up.
I have had some total knobs in my class who has turned out to be smart sensible riders.:D
Send him up to me to get his L’s if you want someone to be super tough on him[:0]:(. Big hi n cuddle to Sue, tell her to come get her learners to.[:X]

morrigan
25-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I guess this is one of the reasons behind the govt paranoia over teenage drinking... and the P plater rules. Little bastards think they're ten foot tall and bullet proof! At least when we were doing the same stupid stuff as kids, the cars were slower, heavier and didn't squish so easily.
Bloody kids! Wouldn't have 'em as pets!
Hope he makes a full recovery.

pt
26-06-2008, 08:22 PM
fucking shit luck gibbo. hope he gets better and it all heals up no drama. i hope you count out his lucky stars for him one by one!

latheboy
29-06-2008, 10:48 PM
far out .... you should just lock them up in a basement or something gibbo ... Your bloody kids will be the end of you .. Hope he's doing good and i hope Sue and yourself can get a trade in or at least your money back on these kids ..

29-06-2008, 11:06 PM
thats discusting,i just emailed this topic to D.O.C.S

gibbo
30-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Excellent idea Davo..... what the fuck is D.O.C.S?

Learnatic
30-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Good to hear he will have no permanent damage,hopefully this scare will get through to him but from my own experience as a young idiot it probably wont.My cousin did a very similar thing,got out of hospital with the birdcage neck brace thing,his mum had to go to work,got half way,felt something was wrong and went back to find him getting into a car with pissed mates,she dragged him out,they got a k up the road and crashed,one of them was killed,that finally got through to him and he is in his fortys now and fine.My oldest is fifteen and starting to play up something shocking,I have all this to look forward to.