PDA

View Full Version : I'm doomed!?

336LJ
18-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Fuck SAKE.

Decided to take the mrs'zez car to work yesterday. A truck fanging along the other way decides to shit a big rock out at me (about half the size of my HEAD!

I watch it bounce perfectly down the center of my lane while the truck is belting along beside it. I Wait till the truck goes past and swerve like a madman, CRACK!

Almost made it :(. by the height of where it hit if I didnt swerve it would bounced up the bonnet and into the windscreen. It actually popped the indicator out I stuck it back it for.. photographic purposes.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/97908450344119.JPG

Fucks me off cause insurance excess is at least $400 (they try adding another $400 on top cause of "performance car" bullshit, but we only got it resprayed for hail damage a few months ago ($8500 damage) and protested saying its bullshit, the panels are the same!.

I'm gonna ring main roads or whoever and try do it that way, I couldnt chase after the truck it was long gone and I couldnt turn around for about 1.5km!

what the fuck is it with me and being hit by shit.

Lucas
18-06-2008, 12:02 PM
PAH fuck that. Lucky you weren't on a bike tho!!!

fimpBIKES
18-06-2008, 12:25 PM
ive often wondered about this

did the rock come off the truck, surely trucking companies have insurance for this sort of thing
can u get their plates and track em down?

336LJ
18-06-2008, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

ive often wondered about this

did the rock come off the truck, surely trucking companies have insurance for this sort of thing
can u get their plates and track em down?

I went on the hunt today, contacted main roads, they put me onto newman contracting (who are doing the roadworks) who put me onto some other company who does the trucks...

Basically I dont think I have a leg to stand on cause by the time I stopped to check wat the fuck happened to the car, the truck (doing well over 120 in a 90 zone) had fucked off over the hill, it would have taken me ages to catch it.

They do have insurance, but I'm fucked if I cant prove it was their truck.. for all I know it was on the road I only saw it when it was bouncing along towards me !

336LJ
18-06-2008, 06:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

PAH fuck that. Lucky you weren't on a bike tho!!!

I know that thing would have made a mess of me for sure. I probably would have even been further up the road so Ida copped it without seeing it coming! I'll try find the bastard on the side of the road

latheboy
18-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Good thing it was the shitbox commodore and not you OR the torri ...