PDA

View Full Version : wave rotors

WATEVR
25-09-2007, 11:33 PM
has anyone from here brought the wave brake rotors adverrtised on ebay from china??

they seem to be priced quite well but enough to not want to waist the coin finding out!!

just went to post link to items and now i cant find the bloody things, ARGH!!!!:(

Jockney Rebel
25-09-2007, 11:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

has anyone from here brought the wave brake rotors adverrtised on ebay from china??

they seem to be priced quite well but enough to not want to waist the coin finding out!!

just went to post link to items and now i cant find the bloody things, ARGH!!!!:(

havnt bought any but ive seen a cr250 one in the flesh and as expected are badly finished and look to be made of some sort of zinc plated steel
dunno if this one came from the same lot tho

26-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Just what ya need mate, go for it,

I mean what could possibly be wrong with discs made of recycled rusty Hyundai body panels and a quick coat of paint :D

Blackkat
26-09-2007, 08:05 AM
I got a set they look well made,

havn't used them yet so don't know how well they work.

latheboy
26-09-2007, 08:12 AM
You dickhead chalky .. Hyundai's are made of plastic .. i should know i've got one as a daily .. they dont like being jumped either :D;)

Blackkat
26-09-2007, 08:14 AM
try item # 120165266403 or 120165266222

26-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Korean steel - plastic, what's the difference? :D

And yeah, I hope you wait for the exhaust pipe to cool before humping your Hyundai, or are you one of those really over the top masochists?
[:0]

EFE 1230
26-09-2007, 05:30 PM
How good they are depends on what they copied! If they ripped off real galfer waves then they maybe ok BUT if they are a copy in looks only and not correctly designed and use low quality materials then I'm glad it's someone else that finds out the hard way!! A quality product cost's money if you need new disc's I'd trust 2nd hand from a wrecker over china's any day.At least if you buy genuine wave's there's product backup/warranty from a local importer.

fimpBIKES
26-09-2007, 05:59 PM
discs are going to be more critical in the materials than in the fancy cutout shapes if u ask me

if the chinese make things like they do their mining i would steer clear!

Large
26-09-2007, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

discs are going to be more critical in the materials than in the fancy cutout shapes if u ask me

if the chinese make things like they do their mining i would steer clear!

Exactly.

I read in the fishwrapper today that the Chinese will now guarantee all of the childrens toys they make...aparently they also reckon 93% of their farm vegetables are safe to eat too[:0]

Jockney Rebel
26-09-2007, 09:53 PM
..all of Pirteks fittings are made in china these days ;[thats where our factory is]

26-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, but they're manufactured under a very tight quality controlled contract, enforced by Pirtek, I doubt that there's somebody applying the same standards to guys selling over the internet.

China has the ability to produce to the same quality and standard as anywhere else, unfortunately too many years of dodgy commie administration has resulted in minimal regulatory infrastructure.

Jockney Rebel
26-09-2007, 11:05 PM
i know mark i was seein if anyone would bite ive just bought 2 yoshi cans from china [obvious copies] but good ones for $200 for the triumph like you say you take your chances i dont mind chancin a couple of exhausts but id be real ..wary of discs brakes tyres anything that could kill me really..ive seen a chinese AK47 in bits. you have to be a bit lax to fuk up the tolerances on one of them

26-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I was in China a few years ago, visiting the strifes family and we wandered off to the local zoo one afternoon. In one of the buildings there were thee artisans doing the most amazing rock carving you will ever see, incredibly intricate designs integrated with the colors running through the rock, I've got one piece which is a ball within a ball, within a ball, within a ball, hand carved from a single piece of rock. An American paid 130,000 for a piece that was larger than ZX12 and had an entire traditional village and skyline carved into it.
But the animals were kept in the most atrocious conditions you could imagine. A hippo was kept in a concrete, vertical walled pool about 3 metres by 10 metres, and the water was full of litter and putrid.
A couple of days later I spent a day training with Huang Chi Long (spelt badly) who was then the national Wu Shu champion. And their 'gym' was an abandoned factory complex that used to recycle Asbestos sheeting. It had never been decontaminated.
The place is a fucked up mix of the middle ages, the wild west, and modernity in many ways.

Jockney Rebel
27-09-2007, 12:15 AM
..the former iron curtain countries are much the same ..a weird , illogical mix of new and old for instance in leipzig they have brand new raliway line and infrastructure but knackered old rollin stock from the 50's,
brand new BMWs taxed to hell for emmissions parked next to horrible little,tax exempt trabants and wartburgs that are 2stroke death traps that spew untold amounts of unburnt hydrocarbons, nutz

HueyonaBlade
27-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Hay Watevr , There is a guy on Ebay thats selling rotors and he is based in Roweville Vic , So if the worst comes to the worst you could always drop around and bash the living suit case out of him if there SHIT!;) , From memory they are around the $250 mark for the pair

WATEVR
27-09-2007, 05:38 PM
yeah cool to hear all your thoughts i dont NEED them but was contimplating the bling up!!

huey they sound alright i will keep an eye out

maybe we sound have a thread on product that we steer clear of and ones to jump at?? what do you reckon?

HueyonaBlade
28-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Here you go http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-CBR-600-F4i-WAVE-ROTORS_W0QQitemZ180162451945QQihZ008QQcategoryZ352 30QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem :D Obviously he does them for your bike aswell
or I have just noticed this guy aswell in Bendigo Vic http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Galfer-Wave-Rotor-DF070-Front-Pair-to-Suit-Honda-CBR_W0QQitemZ330169414457QQihZ014QQcategoryZ35230Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem