PDA

View Full Version : What swingers will fit the Gixer 11's ?

Rocket
25-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Do you guys know if there's any later model swingarms that will bolt directly into my 92 1100 frame ?

Looking for something a little tricker and maybe a little longer, which I'm guessing any 1000cc will be.
What's the go with shock linkages on these things?

I'm also considering an aftermarket one, is there anyone in Oz that makes them ?

Deano
25-09-2007, 05:53 PM
i think all the k series are a real prick to fit.

you can always get a overbraced watercooled unit. that bolts in with bearig spacer mods. the 1100w arm will be longest bolt in. not sure if it is longer than the 1100m arm.

i think you will find the 1000cc units may not be any longer. worth checking if anyone has a bike nad a tape measure lying around.

Rocket
25-09-2007, 06:14 PM
The reason i thought the 1000cc swingers would be longer is because I thoguht that was the latest trend with sports bikes, shorten the motor but extend the swinger to compensate and help put the power down or some shit.

I could maybe get mine modified I guess with a bit of an overbrace, that could look trick.

I'm good mates with the boys down at the wreckers so I'll go down there and rummage.
I want to look at front ends anyway, I think a K series fork would go nicely.

Jockney Rebel
25-09-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1240197239084.jpg
oopps evidently not these kind of swingers ..........................ill get me coat:)

Watto
25-09-2007, 07:26 PM
hey rocket

I've got the bits to do a k4 front end swap for my bike and can tell you what you need - I took the easy way out and bought a custom top bearing for the upper cup to make it a bolt in job otherwise need to change steering stems out from your existing lower triple and press into the k lower triple - you then need a bush for the upper clamp due to the smaller diameter of the stem

give us a shout if you need any other info

Watto

gibbo
25-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey Watto, what and where are these bearings and bushes of which you speak???

Deano
25-09-2007, 10:16 PM
gibbo the bearing is a HR32906. i have one on order for shano. there is only one other that i can find in Aust

they are not custom made just hard to find. only nsk are making them now days and nsk don't bring them into the country, had to hunt round the independant bearing importers

can get more just have to wait 7-10 days

Watto
26-09-2007, 08:50 AM
gday gibbo/deano

at the time I couldn't find one in oz and got mine thru

Zoran Vujasinovic
Twin Works Factory
775-786-4881
http://www.twfracing.com/index.html
-----

Deano - good work mate on finding one locally - must have spent some time on the hunt:) certainly makes it easier

Watto
26-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Also mate from one of Deano's earlier posts the bush number if using the original slingly stem in the K series triple is MDU2220

Rocket
26-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks Watto, I'm now thinking of maybe rebuilding my original forks and polishing them or powder coating them.

I'll probably get a later model water cooled swinger and fit that.

I'm thinking of a total strip and powder coating the frame and everything satin black or polish the fuckin lot.
Probably at the end of summer though.

Watto
26-09-2007, 12:31 PM
yeah mate once i sort out what subframe to use, I'm powdercoating my frame and swinger satin black - thought about the polished look but everyone reckons too much upkeep to keep it looking scmick unless you glisten coat it or similar