PDA

View Full Version : what our kids will be riding

Jockney Rebel
06-05-2008, 11:18 PM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzi4tL3QMWk&feature=related..just need to fit a stereo tand tape some decent exhaust sounds :D

Fish
06-05-2008, 11:44 PM
GAY!!!!

Azrael
07-05-2008, 01:40 AM
The only thing worse than a fucken hippy is a fucken stupid hippy! for the amount of riding i do id be wasting more coal burning power plant electricity recharging the fucker than burnin "gas"

How dare they paint it black, find em and burn em!

BANDITROD
07-05-2008, 12:05 PM
i can admire the work that went into it but its still GHEY

Seifer
07-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Oil prices have smashed the all time high today. If he hooks it up to a solar power unit he will be the only bloke riding in 5 years time. I wonder what the power to weight distrib is per extra battery. Ghey yes but it is a start, motorbikes started out as pushbikes with shitty little engine remember.

Gix11
07-05-2008, 01:46 PM
How many Harleys do you think they'll sell when the electric motor becomes the standard? Ho ho...

It's a bit like creating a rubber doll instead of having a girlfriend really isn't it, lifeless, souless but does the job... sort of...

Loz
07-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm all for electric, it's gonna be mad once the good lithium titanate batteries come down to a realistic price. I rode the Vectrix electric scooter a while back and even with ancient ni-cad batteries it still had a bit of go.

The cutting-edge battery packs are light, fireproof, non-explosive, they charge fully in less than ten minutes, hold a huge power density and maintain an 85% charge level over as many as 20,000 recharge cycles. Electric engines can be damn near as powerful as you want them to be, the power curve is electronically adjustable and motors can be mounted in the wheel hubs for chainless operation... There's an idea, it'd be much easier to do a 2WD bike with electric motors...

Regenerative braking on the Vectrix was very cool, you'd only use your normal brakes if you were stopping real hard, through town the throttle twists both ways so if you roll it forward you slow down and charge the battery at the same time.

There's a few electric performance bikes out there, notably that killacycle drag bike and the vectrix electric "superbike" - but it won't be long before prototypes emerge that offer the power of a normal litrebike (but with 100% torque available from tickover), as well as 4-500km charge ranges and super quick recharging...

Even as it is, electric is just becoming viable for sub-100km commutes - and while it won't be any good for touring in the foreseeable future, a good thrashing range isn't too far over the horizon. Fucken bring it on!

Fatgit
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Seifer

Oil prices have smashed the all time high today. If he hooks it up to a solar power unit he will be the only bloke riding in 5 years time. I wonder what the power to weight distrib is per extra battery. Ghey yes but it is a start, motorbikes started out as pushbikes with shitty little engine remember.

Actually the opposite, the more expensive it becomes the less is consumed - the longer it lasts for.

Electric is certainly improving, but it still has huge problems to overcome, for a start there may not be enough material on the planet to equip every car with the types of batteries they are experimenting with atm, plus the pollution problems make Shell-Exxon look like greenies. Capacitor type technologies are probably going to be the only viable future, they're lightweight, compact, do not contain all the chemical crap that batteries do, and can be readily and cheaply recycled, recharge faster than batteries and are more efficient at storing power, but they still have some way to go.

For the foreseeable future it will be petroleum and organically derived equivalents. Which of course will mean that we start having worse and worse food shortages in the 3rd world, which is really only a problem if you're some kind of quixotic, love an ethnic, wanna be caring type of hero[:X].
I don't think it's gonna be worrying me somehow;)

Azrael
07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
batteries may well be the way of the future, but its still fucking ghey, and solar powered? fucking puleeease.. itd take you a week to charge the fucker just so you can take a 100k round trip with your ghey hippy mates, what next we all stop farting, eat salad and ride a donkey to work?

Ross_247
07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I think id rather shoot myself than ride one of those things, might as well just go to Toys R Us and save the hassle of having to chop the frame and fit the "engine", not to mention the tonne of batteries its using.. [:p]

fark that

Iceman
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
good concept, not for me though

Jockney Rebel
07-05-2008, 05:40 PM
personnally i m not too keen either but ..
the fastest thing away from the lights for the first 50feet is ..............an electric milkfloat
the only thing that endears me to the idea is instant torque like many above have said tho its not a viable option at the moment ..and its not noisy enuf ..lol

TurboKat
07-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Cooler than a Polar Bear's cock. [^]

sharky
07-05-2008, 06:14 PM
But if someone can do that in thir back yard imagine what the finacial power of Yam,Kwak etc could come up with....

Jockney Rebel
07-05-2008, 06:32 PM
my sentiments exactly russ ..all the motor companies bought up the rightss for alternative fuel etc years ago cos once the oil runs out whenever that happens itll be them that will control it so itll be business as usual for them

Azrael
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
If you guys are happy to ride something like this then be my guest..

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2837829.html

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/17001650328849.jpg

Azrael
07-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh "The top speed on the current prototype is 25mph, but this could be increased with the use of a bigger motor." To what? 50? 100?

Ghey

Jockney Rebel
07-05-2008, 06:54 PM
oh dont get me wrong az mate noone in their right mind would want to ride some of the designs about at the mo but all im saying is its enevitable eventually...theyll be banned big bore sports bikes hidden in sheds all over the word in 50-100yrs time taken out and blatted illegally on sundays running on homemade alchol based fuel being chased by the cops driving massive electric hydrogen powered cars lol

Azrael
07-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Fucken cool! I like that future!

Jockney Rebel
07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
theres a short story i read once about an old guy who hides a red ferrari in his barn cos all vehicles with internal combustion engines have been made illegal..his nephew comes round on sundays and hoons the car round the local country roads for a laff and gets chased by the cops in their super dooper new age vehilces ..but he loses them across a bridge cos these cop cars are too wide to cross it ..

ozkat
07-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I like it.

MONO
07-05-2008, 09:31 PM
thers also a movie jim where they banned petrol cars and one guy lee majors '6 millon dollar man' pulled a car out of mothballs syphoned fuel out of old servos and drove across the country in definance "the last chase" www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZPrmf-5tmA

Jockney Rebel
07-05-2008, 09:56 PM
cool i like b movies

Hillsy
07-05-2008, 10:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/17001650328849.jpg

So that's what Large did with the fairings off his ZX10...:D

_M_
08-05-2008, 12:05 AM
And this is what the fighters of the future will look like:

http://evalbum.com/1011

hope that linked worked.

-Dex-
08-05-2008, 08:08 AM
That one wheeler was built by an 18 year old. As gay as it is I give him alot of respect for the engineering and desire to build something different. I'll see if I can dig up the link but from memory, it utilises gyroscopic forces or something like one of those homo segway scooters you see yuppies getting around on.

Good on him I say.

-Dex-
08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
here's the link

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/04/26/the-uno-parallel-wheel-electric-motorcycle/

Fish
08-05-2008, 09:31 AM
that's the best looking R1 i've ever seen...:D

Azrael
08-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I posted the link above the pic in the original post...

-Dex-
08-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Sorry dude, I didnt even notice it.

latheboy
08-05-2008, 12:52 PM
That Uno is cool as fuck

el sammo
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
definetly some different ideas there, dunno how the Uno would go for burnouts and stuff though? haha

-Dex-
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah but I reckon it would be pretty easy to whoolie on it.

336LJ
12-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Well, when he makes one that does this.. I'll "go green"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHJNG2PngQ

(I think I originally saw this vid on here in a post a few weeks back.)

MONO
12-05-2008, 07:37 PM
i wonder how hard it would it would be to mono:D:D

xb9r
12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
there is no replacement for displacement [^]