PDA

View Full Version : Pissing off the clip-ons?

Dikko
18-09-2007, 08:01 PM
just collected my new renthal fatbar and risers. Anyone know what happens on the CBR 600 F2 when you take the clip-ons off? Looks like the tripple clamp (I think thats what its called) will slide up, does that happen and if it does will it cause any issues?

Thanks in advance.

Dikko.

pommie02
18-09-2007, 08:27 PM
are the risers universal. or have you bought a new top clamp

Hillsy
18-09-2007, 09:05 PM
You can slide the forks through the clamps no problems....HOWEVER....it will raise the front / increase the rake and might make it a bit slower to turn in (but with wider bars, you may not notice much difference).

Gix11
18-09-2007, 11:38 PM
So what you are saying is you are going to drill the risers into the existing top triple clamp yea? and in doing so you are going to have to slide the fork legs down so the tops are clear of your new fat bars right?

If that is the case it will work fine but remember what Hillsy said about it changing the rake and making the handling slightly different, but if you're like me you'll adapt anyway.

I deliberately got high risers made to keep my fork height the same as it was from factory although I have ridden bikes that have just slid the forks down and they hardly made a difference to the feeling of those bike.

18-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Stu (aka quickdraw, streetfighter store) has riser extenders, may be comaptible with the kit you have, then you can retain the same sharp steering.

WHO-NIN
20-09-2007, 03:50 AM
want to mail me your old clipons for a cafe project? :):)

may aswell start collecting bits :D:D:D