PDA

View Full Version : headlight hook up

mrcheese
18-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Guys and Dolls I just picked myself a up a second hand puig double head light up from a mate. In perfect condition complete with H3's. To fit it I replaced the stock front b12 fairing and stuffed everything as carefully as possible just behind the head stock where the placky bits are. My question is after hooking it up my high beam indicator on the dash remains on even if the high beam is not on. Also when I switch to high beam both lights dim considerably. Any ideas to what I might have a done.
Again thanks in advance.

BANDITROD
18-09-2007, 12:51 PM
mate alot of those conectors you so carefully moved are touchy little fuckers they gave me fucking headaches on my bike so start there and you could also check to see if any of your wiring has been rubbing on the frame anywhere cos on my bandit it was fucking shocking to find how many wires were rooted see how you go cheers Rod

zx12argh
18-09-2007, 12:52 PM
quote: Also when I switch to high beam both lights dim considerably.
So no high beam? If I had to take a guess start at your high beam relays...

pommie02
18-09-2007, 08:32 PM
what bulbs were in your original lamps...not all bulbs earth on the same terminal

mrcheese
20-09-2007, 08:00 AM
I had stock suzuki bulbs I guess its 55w? How can I fix it, the ride light is fine but high beam is shit (less then drive) the high beam on the dash stays on. can find out why. I am really shit with electrics.

zx12argh
20-09-2007, 12:34 PM
try unplugging a circuit at a time and testing it - if you do it step by step it may help find the fault...

If that fails give a shout out to your local ASF members and offer free beer and bbq and have a pissup while someone else works on your bike ;)

pommie02
20-09-2007, 04:16 PM
have you got a test light for checking electrics. you need to identify what each wire does. you should have 3 wires to each lamp. one will be live with the lamps on low beam, one will be live on high beam and the other should be an earth.....no electrical feed

20-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Go out and get yourself a DMM and the original electrical diagrams for your bike

mrcheese
21-09-2007, 06:55 AM
there is only two wires to each bulb

pommie02
21-09-2007, 05:56 PM
do you have a test light ?.....what colours are the wires ?