PDA

View Full Version : First track day

gibbo
17-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Phillip island.....FUCK YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Went today, first session probably about 5 mins 95 second laps [:I] never had so much fun whilst keeping me dick dry ;)

17-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah did you take the car this time as well, or an actual bike gibbo? :D

gibbo
17-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Took a bike mate because unlike you I actually own one, so get fucked

WATEVR
17-09-2007, 10:25 PM
awesome gibbo thats definately on my to do list, you lucky bastard!!

gibbo
17-09-2007, 10:40 PM
There have been a few people ( including some on this site ) telling me to do this for a while now but I kept putting it off, now I'm regretting those missed opportunities. Don't put it off, do it, it's fucking unreal [8D]. I went with the ducati club to the island and they were great, passed a few big dollar bikes on my old suzuki which put big smile on me dial, soon wiped off when passed by 2 chics on 125 gp bikes, ah, shit happens hey:)

WATEVR
17-09-2007, 10:55 PM
yeah track days etc are awesome anywhere but the island is the pinacle in aus.

TurboKat
17-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Onya Gibbo, another track convert :D
Did you get any lap times or were you struggling the whole time with chatter, unsuitable spring/damping rates, tyre choice & latte sipping Wop backmarkers?

18-09-2007, 12:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

I went with the ducati club to the island and they were great,

soon wiped off when passed by 2 chics on 125 gp bikes,

Just which point are you ashamed about, or is it both of them Gibbo, you big butch tart.

gibbo
18-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Full steam ahead with track bike, full fairings and clip ons, only lap time I got was first session, 2.45, not too proud of that but it as a pretty ordinary day as far as the weather was concerned, bucketed down through the night, blowing a gale, got beter as we approached start time but still bloody windy, blowing straight up the straight, could only manage 160 tucked in behind the speedo! Got better as the day went on, ended up a beaut day but did't get any more lap times. Pretty sure Stoner is stil safe in his job though.

gibbo
18-09-2007, 12:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

I went with the ducati club to the island and they were great,

soon wiped off when passed by 2 chics on 125 gp bikes,

Just which point are you ashamed about, or is it both of them Gibbo, you big butch tart.

I am not ashamed of anything, except my asociation with you, you limp dick faggot[:I] I have to say the girl on the gmc aprilia is a stunner and if I could have followed close enough to look at her arse I would have. By the way Chalk, you coming down for the GP?

18-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Nah mate, too much of a show pony special for me.

You shoulda waited for her to come back round then knock her off. Go the grope while checking if she's ok :D

PS How's Sue going, still keeping you outa trouble

gibbo
18-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Cunning plan, should have thought of that myself. [:p]
Sue is going well mate, coming down to the island this year to keep me in line :( we're staying at a friends place so the girls are coming down to cook and clean for us :D

Matt
18-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Doesnt matter a fuck what times you were doing Gibbo. Its just great that you were out there and having a ball. I have done about 8 track days at QR now and a couple of races (badly) and I am hooked. I cant wait to get down to Phillip Is!

damige
19-09-2007, 02:17 PM
good to see you had a ball there mate, so when is the next one:D
i have to get back there for another one myself

gibbo
19-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Don't know mate, think they're talking Broadford next.

Deano
19-09-2007, 10:43 PM

Don't know mate, think they're talking Broadford next.

absolutly mate. just gotta get off my arse and come up with another rear slick

i assume your a starter gibbo. i bet you were looking like this >> :D after the first corner

gibbo
19-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Yes Deano, I'll be in it for sure, as for the expression on my face it was more like.....shit, I can't find the terrified face:)
Didn't you get your last slick from treads n things in ringwood? I can drop by and see what they've got if you want.

streets
20-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Good stuff Gibbo, I'm itching to get some laps down myself, though I doubt the GPZ would be up to it. I've had the pleasure of doing some laps in my supercharged AE86 toyota, sub 2 mins :) but nothing on the bike. I reckon I'd be slower than a sloth on valium on the bike.

gibbo
20-09-2007, 12:13 PM
You'll be right mate, we can keep each other company, have a chat on our way round the loop :D