PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

NZM031
24-04-2008, 08:09 AM
gday guys,

how is everyone??

im new to streetfighters... im new to road bikes actually, ive always ridden dirt bikes and then changed to cars when i got my licence.. had some pretty powerful machines and being young and invicible did some pretty silly things.. never had a serious accident or written any off but i knew that if i had a road bike at that stage, id have killed myself for sure, im now 23 and have settled down enough to allow myself to get a bike, so L plate in hand, i picked up a tidy 2000 Aprilia RS125, it wasnt till after that that that i had my first encounter with a Buell, then i found what street fighters are all about, so im considering looking around for Gixxer project while im still on my L's/P's and have it ready for my full licence... im thinking lots of matte black and a big fat rear tyre, the aprilia just wouldnt cut it as a fighter... the fairings cover the puny engine.. haha. its fun to ride though.

anyways, im gonna stop rambling and start reading... and as soon as this freaking rain goes away (Newi guys know what im on about)... get to riding.

cheers
Linton

BillyWhizz888
24-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Welcome [8D]

JackTar
24-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Welcome mate, there are plenty of bikes for sale on here if you have some spare cash and want something to work on till ya get your ticket.

BANDITROD
24-04-2008, 09:12 AM
welcome aboard mate

Iceman
24-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the madness Linton.

Fight_fan
24-04-2008, 01:37 PM
G'day Linton! Welcome to the site mate! Gr8 idea to get a fighter project underway till ur on ur blacks!

P.S Im a fan of the RS125! So much fun! Just a bitch to get ur P's on!

Gix11
24-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Beware: Fimpbaby is in your town!

xb9r
24-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Welcome mate

motogp_nut
24-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Welcome mate. Jacktar's right - heaps of awesome bikes in here http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=10

Brodie
24-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Hello Linton, are you on CCSBR, your name looks familiar? Anyway welcome. :-)

KATO ZX7
24-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse mate [}:)]

oldskool
24-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Welcome Linton dont be gettin to Buelled up its only a Hardly Dumpable.

miniman1
25-04-2008, 09:36 PM
hey mate, yeah, i used 2 b the same, into cars etc, til i discovered bikes!!

Ride safe mate. Good luck wif d project.

Jockney Rebel
25-04-2008, 10:02 PM
hiya nz so ur up Newkie way welcome ........get fimp out and come out to play sometime dont worry about the RS there wicked little strokers and in the twisties youd be surprised how able a little stroker is in fact i know someone selling a RS250 if u know anyone interested probably around the 3K mark

NZM031
26-04-2008, 07:30 PM
cheers guys... jockney rebel, i know someone that is interested... whether he's got 3k or not is the question. id be interested if they were still L/P plate legal. im suprised how well mine goes... but ive also never ridden a bigger bike, and its my first 2 stroke, i always used to ride thumpers.. but its a full power model, with further derestricting and an arrow pipe.. i had some nutter talk to me at a servo and he was goin on about it being able to beat his 600.... hmmmm.. i dont think so... he was a bit... hmmm... well, how do you describe someone who seems pissed at 11am on a wednesday.

brodie... umm no i dont think im on that forum... but if its got anything to do with skylines or wrxs im possibly on there, i use the same log in name everywhere...

and this fimpbaby.... sounds like a menace... or atleast very loose... haha... what does he ride so i can keep an eye out??

and yeh i'll stay away from the buells... im definatly a hi tech, jap import, rice burner, whatever you want to call them.. dinosaur v8s were never my bag... however i like the idea of a torquey 1200 in a chassis thats the same size as a 250 and the 50/50 weight distribution... corners are definatly my bag, baby, yeh! 300km/h is suprisingly not something im striving to acheive.

cheers
Linton

Jockney Rebel
26-04-2008, 08:08 PM
ahhh nz you want a 675 street triple mate ..narrow ..fast quick and ..different

rod185651
26-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey NZ, I have one word for you
!!!!!!NINJA!!!!!!
cheers Rod

oldskool
26-04-2008, 08:59 PM
GOD RODE A GSXR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one true fighter

NZM031
27-04-2008, 10:07 AM
thanks guys... that was my next question... what bike to look out for... ive got a few more questions... so i think ill venture over to the general discussion area now that ive been introduced and welcomed in.

the trumpy looks phat albert though... but i want a project... i want a custom fighter.. not a factory item.. i wanna take something poor and flip it and make it do everything it could never do..

the idea of a gsxr is sticking with me after seeing a tidy as one in Rapid a few months ago.. they just look cranky. and i prefer the air/oil cooled engine... as opposed to a giant radiator just waiting to get damaged, and not to mention the air cooling fins on the barrels add to the awesome naked engine... rather than the smooth casings of water cooled engines... and it has to be monoshock... dual shocks annoy me.

cheers
Linton

cheers
Linton

Gix11
27-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Which one did you see in Rapid mate? Was it Chris's?:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/425781307152978.jpg

hooligan
27-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Fuck, that bike looks awesome!

Jockney Rebel
27-04-2008, 08:38 PM
yeah but it belongs to some git down in 'the smoke 'tho chris lol

Weaselman
28-04-2008, 11:05 AM
and he knows hes a git too :)

NZM031
28-04-2008, 12:51 PM
yep, thats the one guys... i think it just looks unreal.. nothing has been left untouched like so many other bikes.. there is nothing bad to look at or point out... just perfection i think, thats not say im going to copy it and build an exact replica... i have my own ideas, but respect to that thing... cranky as mofo! Rapid should've had it as the poster bike in that issue... looks 10 times faster than the light blue Suzuki moto gp bike... and 10 times better than the B-King.

cheers all.
Linton

hooligan
28-04-2008, 04:18 PM
And now he's a git with a well stroked ego...
thanks for the compliments,NZM. The reason that everything has been modified is 'cause it's a 20 year old bike. If i'd started with a more modern bike, i wouldn't have changed quite so much. Then again, I have had it for 9 years, and it's been evolving constantly. It's actually quite similar to Si's bike, degenerate.

rod185651
28-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey Linton & Chris,
if you are both keen maybe Chris can show you his bike in the flesh on the 17th of May?

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10252

cheers Rod

NZM031
28-04-2008, 07:21 PM
i get impatient with things and bugger them off for a new project... ill get something, throw money at it to get it up to scratch, get bored, and get something else... ive had over 10 cars in 6 years.... but while ive not reached the full potential of any one of them... plenty of my mates have had the same car and have slowly modded it into something neat and tidy and quite quick... im slowly learning to stick with stuff.. but chris your bike is truely awesome.

im keen on the monthly rides... i love a good cruise... and a good day out with good people... or people of good value, haha.. few problems for me though... 1st, im on L plates... meaning 80km/h is my limit (and id like to keep my licence) soo thats a long, slow ride to sydney, 2nd (for all you guys who are saying, just take the L plate off for the day) my little aprilia is geared for acceleration.. meaning 130km/h is absolutly tapped.. so its a long time of high revs to sit on 100.. which they dont like... so i may have to give this one a miss.. id love to come along... but i dont wanna be the guy that holds everyone back. one day i will come along. cheers for the offer though, and good luck with the day, nothing worse than when everyones in and then they pike it at the last minute.

cheers
Linton