PDA

View Full Version : How do you.....

Shane Dupuy
22-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey boys,
As you know from my last post I'm pretty useless when it comes to anything so I'm after a little bit of advice. I've just ordered a set of risers and fatbars which is all good. The thing I'm not sure about is to do with the indicators. I'm thinking of getting the type that fix to the end of the bar that have a lense on the front and the back. Do you have to pre drill a hole somewhere on the handlebar to run the connecting wire and are these the only indicators you need on the bike given that they can be seen from the front and the back? Secondly, does anyone know where you can buy reasonably priced fork braces (I have 91 GSXR 750 WN). And finally, what are the rules in regards to the length of the subframe. I really like the idea of shortening the rear subframe to no longer than the length of the riders seat. Is this legal or is there a lot of hoops to jump through with the Dept. of Transport. Any advice or experience in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I loath the prospect of having to deal with some stiff from Qld Transport. I look forward to your wisdom.
Duey

Bear
23-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Shane,

From my experience and what I've read, you can do all those things you want to do but there are some limits or quidelines ie. you can shorten the rear subframe but the limits are where the rear tail light has to be and a mudguard. That doesn't mean the subframe has to be the mudguard or the end of the subframe has to be where the brake light mounts.
There are ways around this, depending on your design skills.

Search this forum for some guidelines - they are posted here in document form somewhere.

Shane Dupuy
23-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the advice Bear. I figured as much in regards to the placement of the tail light, mudguard and numberplate. You only have to look at modern bikes and how they have some sort of tail tidy that extends from the undertray to a certain distance. I'll definitely have a look at other forum topics to try and get some sort of idea.
Cheers,
Duey

JackTar
23-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Have a look at Boxers Blade mate I'm sure you will be able to find it, he is probably the man to talk to about short subframes.

Shane Dupuy
23-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've just spent 40 minutes looking for it in the "my ride' pic section and can't find it. I don't suppose you have anymore clues as to where it is?

Bear
23-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Use the search function, top right of the forum.

Shane Dupuy
23-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Found it! Thanks Bear. Doesn't his bike look the shit too. It's along the lines of what i had in mind too.

Fight_fan
24-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Please Shane, no infringements on copy right! Lol!

Shane Dupuy
24-04-2008, 10:30 AM
No chance of that Fighter fan. I'll be lucky if I can get anywhere near what I'm thinking.....such a long road ahead.