PDA

View Full Version : you know your a aussie when

chaddy
15-04-2008, 09:36 PM
You know you're an Australian when:

1. You know the meaning of the word "girt".

2. You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.

3. You think it's normal to have a leader called Kevin.

4. You waddle when you walk due to the 53 expired petrol discount vouchers stuffed in your wallet or purse.

5. You've made a bong out of your garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such as watering the garden.

6. You believe it is normal to put a "rubber" in your son's pencil case when he first attends school.

7. When you hear that an American "roots for his team" you wonder how often and with whom.

8. You understand that the phrase "a group of women wearing black thongs" refers to footwear and may be less alluring than it sounds.

9. You pronounce Melbourne as "Mel-bin".

10. You pronounce Penrith as "Pen-riff".

11. You believe the "l" in the word "Australia" is optional.

12. You can translate: "Dazza and Shazza played Acca Dacca on the way to Maccas."

13. You believe it makes perfect sense for a nation to decorate its highways with giant fibreglass bananas, pineapples, prawns and sheep.

14. You call your best friend "a total bastard" but someone you really, truly despise is just "a bit of a bastard".

15. You think "Woolloomooloo" is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.

16. You're secretly proud of our spectacular array of killer wildlife of every species from insects to snakes to poisonous shellfish and other sea animals.

17. You believe it makes sense for a country to have a $1 coin that's twice as big as its $2 coin.

18. You understand that "Wagga Wagga" can be abbreviated to "Wagga" but "Woy Woy" can't be called "Woy".

19. You believe that cooked-down axle grease put in a jar and renamed "Vegemite" makes a good breakfast spread.

20. You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.

21. Hamburger. Beetroot. Of course.

22. You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during the chorus of any rendition of the Angels' song "Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again?".

23. You believe, as an article of faith, that the confectionary known as the Wagon Wheel has become smaller with every passing year.

24. You still don't get why the "Labor" in "Australian Labor Party" is not spelt with a "u".

25. You wear ugh boots outside the house.

26. You believe, as an article of faith, that every important discovery in the world was made by an Australian but then sold off to the Yanks for a pittance.

27. You believe that the more you shorten someone's name the more you like them.

28. Whatever your linguistic skills, you find yourself able to order takeaway fluently in every Asian language.

29. You understand that "excuse me" can sound rude, while "scuse me" is always polite.

30. You know what it's like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose.

31. You understand that "you" has a plural and that it's "youse".

32. You know it's not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to handle.

33. Your biggest family argument over the summer concerned the rules for beach cricket.

34. You shake your head in horror when companies try to market what they call "Anzac cookies". You know that true Anzac biscuits should be hard enough to break teeth and not be called "cookies".

35. You still think of Kylie as "that girl off Neighbours".

36. When returning home from overseas, you expect to be brutally strip-searched by Customs - just in case you're trying to sneak in fruit.

37. You believe the phrase "smart casual" refers to a pair of black tracky-daks, suitably laundered.

38. You understand that all train timetables are works of fiction.

39. When working on a bar, you understand male customers will feel the need to offer an excuse whenever they order low-alcohol beer.

40. You get choked up with emotion by the first verse of the national anthem and then have trouble remembering the second.

41. You find yourself ignorant of nearly all the facts deemed essential in the government's new test for migrants.

42. You know, whatever the tourist books say, that no one says "cobber".

43. You call your best mates disgusting four letter names as terms of endearment, which would get you beaten up in almost every other country on Earth.

44. You love our national animal symbols, the Emu and Kangaroo, dearly, yet see nothing wrong with loving them just as much when served up with a nice sauce.

45. You know it is your patriotic duty to scare the bejesus out of visiting backpackers by cautioning them of the danger of Drop Bears when bushwalking in remote areas.

ozkat
15-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh yes, it warms my heart to read that.

Fish
15-04-2008, 10:25 PM
X2

zx12argh
16-04-2008, 01:07 PM
yep - cept the one about beetroot - that stuff is poison.

Fatgit
16-04-2008, 01:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

yep - cept the one about beetroot - that stuff is poison.

My 15 yr old daughter would agree with you ZX

Us real blokes won't though :D

zx12argh
16-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Sounds like I've got heaps in common with your daughter - you should hook me up ;)

Weaselman
16-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I reckon that is the best one of those lists yet...
And the fucking wagon wheels are getting smaller!

papa smurf
16-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey, you noticed that too Weasel, i thought it was just me.[:0]
I love me wagon wheels.;)
Great list too.[8D]

Weaselman
16-04-2008, 06:34 PM
power of suggestion is a bastard of a thing.
I looked at the list sat for a bit then went 'fuckit' and went to the shop for wagon wheels.

Jockney Rebel
16-04-2008, 07:19 PM
its a worldwide conspiarcy wagon wheels got smaller and tasted yuk after the 80's and what happened to Aztec bars?
anyway so this is the stuff i have to learn is it ?lol
the aussie accent is just a cockney accent slowed down for the heat ....

Fatgit
16-04-2008, 09:57 PM

Sounds like I've got heaps in common with your daughter - you should hook me up ;)

One of the best things about living interstate from you guys is that I don't ever have to worry about her meeting any of you.

;)

Jockney Rebel
17-04-2008, 12:13 AM
its a small world mark :}

Fatgit
17-04-2008, 07:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

its a small world mark :}

You just stay your side of the border Pom

Your penchant for the younger ladies is always well known.

PS You must know where all the stupid desperate young things hang out, wanna tell me? :D

Fight_fan
17-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Ok first of all...Beetroot on burgers r god & anyone who says different is a communist! Yeh Wagonwheels r getting smaller n seem to taste worse with each passing year (still luv em but!) & who the fuck voted for a PM called Kevin? I sure as hell didnt! Fuck him & all he stands for! Nah he's ok...I still didnt vote 4 him tho!

Fight_fan
17-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Oh yeh, good work chaddy 'ol' son! Very funny!

zx12argh
17-04-2008, 12:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Ok first of all...Beetroot on burgers r god & anyone who says different is a communist! Yeh Wagonwheels r getting smaller n seem to taste worse with each passing year (still luv em but!) & who the fuck voted for a PM called Kevin? I sure as hell didnt! Fuck him & all he stands for! Nah he's ok...I still didnt vote 4 him tho!

Beetroot on burgers - I bet you like bbq sauce as well.
WTF is bbq sauce supposed to be anyways? My bbq has never tasted like that before. Its got more of a timber, grease and next door neighbour incontinent cat kind of flavour.

As for communism mate - how can you bag it considering it produced such vehicular gems as the lada niva. The ONLY car i've seen with factory rust.

Fatgit
17-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Wgaon wheels only appear to be getting smaller as you lot have grown up, well physically at least :D

PM Kevin is a good excuse to bring back the monarchy....................... and off with his head. Long live King Charlie

Fight_fan
17-04-2008, 01:59 PM

WTF is bbq sauce supposed to be anyways? My bbq has never tasted like that before. Its got more of a timber, grease and next door neighbour incontinent cat kind of flavour.

As for communism mate - how can you bag it considering it produced such vehicular gems as the lada niva. The ONLY car i've seen with factory rust.

If beetroot is thy god then BBQ sauce is his son! My BBQ never tastes like it either but if it did...well, id probably have a burnt tongue! HAHA! The Lada! Russia's revenge! It funny coz communism does kinda work in theory...But u didnt hear that from me, I hear tibet is listening! Poor buggers!

Seifer
17-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Isn't BBQ sauce just tomato sauce with onion and brown colouring?

Jockney Rebel
17-04-2008, 03:09 PM
one of the things i admire about aussies is ..their the only country thats eats its national symbol lol tuff as ....

Weaselman
17-04-2008, 05:00 PM
your a scot... dont you have a thisle or some kind of stinging nettle..

$5 to eat that

pt
17-04-2008, 08:15 PM
they need to amend number 45:

"You know it is your patriotic duty to scare the bejesus out of visiting backpackers by cautioning them of the danger of Drop Bears when bushwalking in remote areas. It is also your patriotic duty to assure said backpackers a good smear of vegemite on the back of the neck will ward off any dropping animals"

Cruisecontrol
17-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I still find it hilarious that the man who runs this country is called Kevin.

Normal, no. Embarrassing, yes.

caveman
18-04-2008, 09:21 AM
You know you are an Aussie when " You call your mate Blue because his hair is red.
Or his other nickname is Blood Nugget.
Funny as fuck, tears to my eyes like 180km ride with broken viser.

Fatgit
18-04-2008, 12:16 PM

If beetroot is thy god then BBQ sauce is his son! My BBQ never tastes like it either but if it did...well, id probably have a burnt tongue! HAHA! The Lada! Russia's revenge! It funny coz communism does kinda work in theory...But u didnt hear that from me, I hear tibet is listening! Poor buggers!

Yeees, the Tibetan's would be so much better under a theocracy, just like the Iranians and Afghans. [:0]

Communism does work, in a Siberian salt mine kind of way [xx(]

And is it just me, but doesn't BBQ sauce taste like old tyre rubber?

18-04-2008, 12:29 PM
You're still getting fucked over by English cunts

Fatgit
18-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I dunno, English chicks have cute accents (and low morals) they can fuck this single 40-something (aka desperate) any time they want.

:D

Has anybody figured out yet that I'm having a slow boring day at work? yet

18-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Fire always seems to take the boredom away......or an ectro in a power point

Lucas
19-04-2008, 01:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fatgit

The Joy of being a Public servant:)

Fatgit
19-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah, ya gotta love it,

they pay us contractors much more money cos we work faster than pubes, but then all the pubes that we work with slow us down to their level :D

Jockney Rebel
19-04-2008, 02:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

your a scot... dont you have a thisle or some kind of stinging nettle..

$5 to eat that
.fuk off its to keep the english off our golf courses

Fatgit
19-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Somehow I just can't see you in tweeds wandering around the paddocks in fine gentlemanly fashion there Jock.

More like football hooligan in Glasgow on a Saturday afternoon.

Lucas
19-04-2008, 05:03 PM

I dunno, English chicks have cute accents (and low morals) they can fuck this single 40-something (aka desperate) any time they want.

English chicks might sound cute but 90% of them are fucking ugly tarts.

alfiestorm
19-04-2008, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

Just like most of the aussie tarts then Lucas, it's the same the world over,you just gotta beat the ugly fuckers outa the way to get to the good ones.
I was amazed at how many fat ugly women there is in Australia fuggin loads of them with heaps of fat hanging over there pants, same the world over you just choose not to see it on your own turf

Lucas
19-04-2008, 06:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Just like most of the aussie tarts then Lucas, it's the same the world over,you just gotta beat the ugly fuckers outa the way to get to the good ones.
I was amazed at how many fat ugly women there is in Australia fuggin loads of them with heaps of fat hanging over there pants, same the world over you just choose not to see it on your own turf

I know its the same over here but I have my blinkers on:D

zx12argh
19-04-2008, 06:12 PM

quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

I know its the same over here but I have my blinkers on:D

Thats cause you're a Canberra-ite mate ;)

Lucas
19-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Thats right. I only look straight a-head, cause if I don't my wife hits me :)

Weaselman
19-04-2008, 06:20 PM
need a more understanding and open minded wife hehe

Jockney Rebel
19-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Somehow I just can't see you in tweeds wandering around the paddocks in fine gentlemanly fashion there Jock.

More like football hooligan in Glasgow on a Saturday afternoon.
..sussed ...:D

881052gixxr
02-05-2008, 08:20 PM
another one should be added when you pronounce brisbane as bris-bin... n perth as perf...

Jockney Rebel
02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
..or u know ur an aussie when ur PM is called Kev

xb9r
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Or when your missus takes you out to a nice restrant and you tell them to go and get stuffed cause they dont have T bones with chips and salad and no thooeys new bloody mongrels I wonder where she is now