PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1100 Cyl Head Wanted

DCRacing
15-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey all
need a gixxer 1100 cyl head for the race bike, the other one had some issues with a valve and the piston decided to belt it into submission. I am also after a bit of advice on some new pistons.
Any ideas on some cam grinds and other suitable go fast mods would be appreciated.
the head is a 1056, not the 1127, Are they interchangeable? can you put a 750 head on?
Thanks

edstar78
19-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Try ebay motors, i think i saw one in the U.S real cheap.

devo
19-04-2008, 09:30 PM
What the hell did ya do James ?????? did you miss a gear ???? Over rev it what happened [:0]

DCRacing
19-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey Devo don't get too excited
i down and the throttle got pinned at full noise, and seized the rods :( no biggie, a good chance to have a good look at the internals and do a set of bearings and rings :D Going to put a few touch ups into the old girl as well, maybe a top end oiler kit and a set of flat slides, and probably that manual cam chain tensioner. the head is well ported and it has a suzuki race gear kit in it as well.
But back to the head topic i am going to get a second motor together in another frame which will have a different set of gears [}:)] so i am down a head and need one to get ported and put a few trick bits into it for the number 2 bike ;)
BTW it is an awesome bit of kit to ride so smooth and fast. just got to learn how to ride now:D

DCRacing
19-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks edstar