PDA

View Full Version : NSW riders read this

damo1
13-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Who is the cheapest to get a green slip off.

Over 30 and been riding for years

Im hearing rumores that the green slips have gone through the roof for bikes older than 10yrs old.

Any truth to this im about to re rego the blade and was wondering.

Large
13-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Go here

http://www.maa.nsw.gov.au/default.aspx?MenuID=88

Then click on "Greenslip Price Calculator" and fill out the form (don't mention your flame thingy and stunt work....and be honest as you still have to talk to a drone who will ask you the same questions)

And you will be rewarded with a chart like the one I got this morning. Write down the price and ring the number...et voila!

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7186/pricessl2.jpg

Large
13-09-2007, 05:03 PM
BTW GIO FTW!!! (YMMV)

:D

ozkat
13-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Move to QLD, costs me $198.10 (or $114.60 for 6 mths) for 12 mths rego (inc CTP) and thats the same price for a 89 GSXR 750 or a 2007 Busa single seat rego. No matter where you live in QLD. :D

chopaweeza
13-09-2007, 07:59 PM
AAMI give you a good driver discount on top of all that based on the years you've have a licence. I got a 55% discount on the listed price of my last one off them as a result.

Seifer
13-09-2007, 09:29 PM
My bill in NSW was $680. TIme to ring around me thinks. Its funny that my 250 only costs $260. Love NSW.

jock
16-09-2007, 07:35 PM
its this new medical levy crap - goes on the size of your bike amoungst other things hence 2 fiddys are cheap and everything else is $$$

its supposed to be like $30 or so - yeah right

just another money grab

Groomey
19-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Swan and Qbe. personally i think Swan is the cheapest

chopaweeza
20-09-2007, 08:50 AM
It's called Sophie's Levy after that little girl that was run over twice by old people. The Gumbiment believes that we have to pay for the rehabilitation of people like her instead of CTP which we already pay anyway. Gumbiment caving into the Insurance Lobby so they don't have to pay up . Alot of people are pissed off over it especially those that donated money to help the Delissio family when both accidents happen. It's the Gumbiment double dipping. I hate the Liberals but successive Labour Governments in NSW have made it the most taxed place and most expensive place to live in the country. I ride, I pay too much tax, too many special levies and I vote. Maybe it's time for a change.

Darn
20-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Western QBE was the best i found Damo for our bikes.
Plus they know bikes and wont ask you what CBR stands for over the phone.;)

damo1
23-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I used QBE before and thats who ill prob go with again :D

Because this bike salemen was trying to buy the gixer i had and was crapping on about how it was a shame that the rego was in QLD and that because it was more than 10yrs old that the green silp cost a grand now so id have to take that into consideration and thats why his offer was so small in his works (my interpratation of that is absolutly fuckn pathetic)

So thanks heaps for the feedback boys ;)

damo1
26-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Just so you know i got a green slip :(

Because i was so pushed for time and not realizing that you cant just get them any where now you have to actually get them direct off the insurance company(gone are the days of going to a servo or newsagent)

I was told that aami do a cheap one [?][?]

Fuck me $642 later i walked out thinking fuck me thats a rort.

Next year ill have time to shop around oh well at least the blade is back on the road and sporting some new mods aswell.:D;)