PDA

View Full Version : yellow sticker free pics

slug
20-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Have been trawling through the photos and really impressed by what's out there. However what sort of bikes are out there that can be used daily without getting a yellow sticker.

Prerequisites-
Pillion seat and grab rail
discrete tail rack- can mount grab rail and change to tail bag when touring. Also would allow soft panniers.
Small screen
Favourites for getting pulled over- needs rear fender and legal indictors.

any examples?

T

_M_
20-03-2008, 05:59 PM
....Don't stop....

or

Don't do any stupid shit and they wont pull you over, thats how i've found it and i dont even have lights, mirrors or working indicators.

Weaselman
20-03-2008, 06:38 PM
yep... if it came to it they could bust you for anything

Ive been through RBT's on my fighter that wouldnt pass a pink slip but if you just play it polite you tend to be good.

Long and short of it is that if it aint stock it aint good enough.

oldskool
20-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Iv always had a good run, I work on the priviso that if it an't there they dont see it.
Been pulled hangin stands , pull over and 1 count of fail to have full control and they never see No mirrors, No winky things just a Fighter?
Maybe its just luck?

hooligan
20-03-2008, 11:03 PM
I've got a pillion seat, can add a ventura rack/grab rail, indicators that you can't really see, tiny mirror that lets me see my own hip, and it's fully engineered.
It can be done.

hooligan
20-03-2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/319225050103756.jpg

And ridden (almost) every day:D

slug
20-03-2008, 11:47 PM
that's the sort of thing I'm looking for- great bike!

I've stopped before and now have a black mark against my name- ironic as I ride rather like my namesake.

Just don't want to give any excuses to be done.

zx12argh
21-03-2008, 01:19 AM
chris - you really need to post some better shots of your bike mate... thats sweet. I had to look twice.

I've been pulled over a couple times on the fighter and never been asked tho I wasn't giving lip... though I have been starred at from across two lanes of traffic... the 12r is a teeny bit loud :D

hooligan
21-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I've got nicer pics, but they're higher res and i couldn't be bothered to resize 'em. I'll find oa close up of the ventura rack mounts for ya too, slug.
Last time i got pulled for a "random" breath test, I had Mish on the back about 7 months pregnant. All they asked about was where my rego sticker was (oberon tube from stu, covered in crap from riding in the rain).

pt
21-03-2008, 03:20 PM
yep _M_ has the right idea. just don't attract attention and hope for the best. i've been through multiple RBTs, tackled off my bike by a cop, busted for speeding (quite alot) and nothing has been said about the bike. it has indicators, headlight tailight etc, but MX bars LOUD exhaust, stunt cage and 12 bar for a while. just cop whatever they are going to give you on the chin (or up the arse depending on how angry they are)

oh and clutch in or up a few gears past an RBT or other police presence[:o)]

PS i dont ride anywhere frequented by bikes (old rd, putty BLOR in sydney) on the weekend or public hols etc. so that probably helps since the cops mostly head up there with their defect books.

Jockney Rebel
21-03-2008, 06:20 PM
ill back up chris [hooli] you can ride pillion on that gixer of his ....just

slug
21-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Sorry for asking another noob question-

For insurance do you declare all the changes- or do they think you are riding a stock/minimally modified bike round? Does this significantly affect premiums/ability to be insured/ability to claim?

Anyone had experience with claiming if not all changes are declared? I guess some companies might take any excuse not to pay out?

I suppose fairings/bars are unlikely to affect the outcome or likelihood of getting into a prang...

Weaselman
21-03-2008, 07:04 PM
whats insurence?

you mean you have more than 3rd party?

pt
21-03-2008, 07:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

whats insurence?

you mean you have more than 3rd party?

3rd party all the way. too much time wasting trying to get a fighter insured, just save up the cash and buy another bike!

slug
21-03-2008, 07:33 PM
comprehensive was an extra $50 or so more, bringing me up to the princely sum of $250 or so a year. thought it was worth the carton of beer.

rod185651
21-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Doesn't 3rd party come with registration?

Bear
21-03-2008, 07:51 PM
3rd party is legally a must as part of rego but you can get 3rd part fire and theft and other slight variations.

Weaselman
21-03-2008, 07:56 PM
yup

I dont tend to go for full comp as it just costs to fucking much for a bloke like me with a fair few large holes shot in his licence over the years.

I figure dont crash and if you do make sure you can blame another party

hooligan
21-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I've got 3rd party property. If i crash into someone, i'm insured. If they crash into me, my policy will cover 5grand if the other driver is uninsured, and if they're insured, then it's even better.
Full comp for my bike was 3.5grand for 10grand coverage. TPP was $250.

rod185651
21-03-2008, 08:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by hooligan

I've got 3rd party property. If i crash into someone, i'm insured. If they crash into me, my policy will cover 5grand if the other driver is uninsured, and if they're insured, then it's even better.

Who are you insured with?

Fatgit
21-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I've seen you ride Hooligan, you really only need to worry about someone else running into you [:p]

hooligan
21-03-2008, 08:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by rod185651

quote:Originally posted by hooligan

Who are you insured with?

GIO. I just checked, and it was $286.
And people seem to crash into me a fair bit, recently, fatchalky.:)

fimpBIKES
22-03-2008, 04:13 PM
as long as you arent too loud you can get away with most mods

but fuckit, a defect is just a good excuse to tear it done and make it better IMO :D