PDA

View Full Version : Taking the dog for a walk...

zx12argh
20-03-2008, 08:32 AM
A little girl asks her mum, 'Mum, can I take the dog for a walk around the block?'
Her mum replies 'No, because she is on heat.'
'What does that mean?' asked the child.
'Go and ask your father. I think he's in the garage.'
The little girl goes out to the garage and says, 'Dad, can I take Lulu for a walk around the block? I asked Mum, but she said the dog was on the heat, and to come ask you.'
He took a rag, soaked it in petrol, and scrubbed the dog's backside with it to disguise the scent, and said 'Ok, you can go now, but keep Lulu on the leash and only go one time around the block.'
The little girl left and returned a few minutes later with no dog on the leash.
Surprised, Dad asked, 'Where's Lulu?'

The little girl said, 'She ran out of petrol about halfway round the block, so another dog is pushing her home.'

Merlyn
20-03-2008, 09:19 AM
hahahaha perfect :)

some of my rats are on heat at the moment, but i dont think ill try the petrol thing :) just in case hehe

BANDITROD
20-03-2008, 09:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

hahahaha perfect :)

some of my rats are on heat at the moment, but i dont think ill try the petrol thing :) just in case hehe
do you breed rats for reptile food at all[?]

Merlyn
20-03-2008, 10:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

do you breed rats for reptile food at all[?]

Christ No... I breed show rats, pet rats and pedigree rats. The idea of them as food makes me shudder, however I do understand that reptiles need to eat, and I really like snakes, but i just couldn't do it... Besides you need a license to breed feeder animals. (at least in NSW, not sure about other states)

And on a side note it is illegal to feed a live animal to another, a rat can seriously injure or kill a snake, it happens in the wild, it happens domestically.

BANDITROD
20-03-2008, 10:31 AM
thats cool in vic you dont need a license to breed feeders .Baby rats are ok to feed live but not adults they get a bit fiesty so i usually buy them frozen but it is getting harder for me to find them cos im out in the country

Merlyn
20-03-2008, 12:38 PM
You'd be surprised, its possible that you do need a license in Victoria too. A lot of people in NSW ignore it, but the RSPCA cant do anything about it. [V]

Im sure you know this, but a lot of pet shops stock frozen feeders, both adult and pinky rats and mice. You could even try, *with a lot of sensitivity*, checking out a few rat breeders through the Victorian Branch of AUSRFS.

Id give you some contacts but they're all in NSW and i don't think that'd help [:I]

gibbo
20-03-2008, 12:46 PM
You breed show rats [:0] you mean there are such things as rat shows[?]

zx12argh
20-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah they do little magic tricks and pull cockroaches out of hats.
Before they bite their heads off.
Mate of mine had a pet rat - he was very entertaining to watch if you gave him live food (bugs etc).

scotty mac
20-03-2008, 01:16 PM
hey rod, homer should be able to take rabbits soon? maybe smaller ones?

maggot1300
20-03-2008, 02:22 PM
damn i had my hopes up for a moment there, Rod where abouts in vic are you? I used to get mine from fish & feather in kilsyth but they've had them less frequently (i have spiders not snakes but they still eat mice etc ;) been looking for a reliable place for a while but I need live ones especially for one of my girls because she wont touch the pre frozen ones.

Merlyn
20-03-2008, 03:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

You breed show rats [:0] you mean there are such things as rat shows[?]

Indeed there are... In fact I'm showing my rats at the Sydney Royal Easter Show on the 2nd of April. I'm hoping to win a trophy again this year. :)

My rats don't do tricks, but they do know their names, use litter trays, and come when i signal them amongst other highly amusing idiosyncrasy's.

Maggot, what kinda spiders do you have for pets? Do they have personality?

Gsxar
20-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Arhhh Rats & mice [|)] I think I'm pretty brave when it comes to most things... But for some reason I hate rats & mice,(well their cute as long as their not near me;))I scream like a girl n run away[:0]:D
Merlyn my kids would think your ace they would love a pet rat....:(

kevkatana
20-03-2008, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gsxar

......I scream like a girl n run away[:0]:D

That's 'cause you are one:D

Gsxar
20-03-2008, 06:32 PM
N a damn good one at that Kev:D:D, will call you guys about the weekend - have u stirred people up yet?

Merlyn
20-03-2008, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gsxar

Merlyn my kids would think your ace they would love a pet rat..

You should try having one, I climbed the wall when a water rat ran out of the fireplace, i hated the things. Then I met a domestic one, they're like little dogs, but cleaner, smaller, easier to feed, and dont smell as much :)

Anyway im finished with the hijacking of a thread. Im sorry zx12argh. [:I]

zx12argh
21-03-2008, 01:02 AM
i was going to say - how the fuck does a joke about walking a dog in heat turn into a diatribe about rat breeding and feeding snakes/spiders...
God I love this site :D