PDA

View Full Version : Can you find the motorcycle?

BigMHoney
12-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Can you spot the motorcycle in the first photo?

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/896460310130057.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/896460310124676.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/896460310145865.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/896460310124464.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155 mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

In other words, they didn't even have time to say, "Oh, ####!"

Jockney Rebel
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
it aint a vfr400 then ...most people who dont ride see this and think "all motorcyclists are mental,and all motorcycles are death traps" motorcyclists who see this think 'one more nail in our coffin"
this probably went a long way to promoting the banning of bikes in the scandanavian countries,and to be honest it paints a pretty damning picture
i sympathise with the families of all the victims ..but the rider involved in this accident has done the worldwide bike community no favours
ride safe people ,get home in one peice

Weaselman
13-03-2008, 02:04 PM
there is a single sided swingarm going cheap then

Cruisecontrol
13-03-2008, 02:25 PM
And if it was a bloody car that t-boned it, nothing further would be said.
Fuck those that think this sort of display will make an ounce of difference either way. I am just impressed that he killed the moron that managed to kill him.
I would have liked to bury the bikes I was riding far enough into the cars that pulled out on me, to damage the drivers like they did me...

Gix11
13-03-2008, 03:49 PM
This one's been around for ages. Never asked before though as there was no paragraph with it: how did they get the bodies out without remvoing the bike?

KATO ZX7
13-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Another thing. How'd they clean up all the carnage of three people without the bike removal.
You wouldnt be able to view a car accident like that, even in a demostration. Imagine the smell [xx(][xx(]
The car seat covers arnt even stained. No amount of Napisan could get that out in the wash. :(

Jockney Rebel
13-03-2008, 05:10 PM
..it could be a set up, in which case i retract my former statement ,of course .....
what youve pointed out does make sense ..unless it was a mock up of the original wreck

Large
13-03-2008, 06:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

This one's been around for ages. Never asked before though as there was no paragraph with it: how did they get the bodies out without remvoing the bike?

With a big fucking straw

rod185651
13-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Kid: Hey Mister! What happened to the car?
Bubba Zanetti: What do you think happened?
Kid: Looks like it's been chewed up and spat out.
Bubba Zanetti: Perhaps it was a result of anxiety.

loosebruce
13-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Similar thing happened out the back of Riverstone(western Sydney) one night in the early 80s.
CB900 at velocity and a badly thought out Police road block.
Not good.