PDA

View Full Version : O/T Bluetongues

chopaweeza
26-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Oi, I have a feral blue tongue that lives in my garage . It's shit stinks the place out and it managed to fry my mig by shitting on the conection(still under warrantee thank fuck). Now , I've put him in the garden but he always comes back to the garage , I've put him in the bush about 500 yards from my house but he comes back and so forth. I'd never harm one of these but I'm open to other suggestions on what to do with him? The local wildlife park don't want him so suggestions ?

BillyWhizz888
26-02-2008, 12:30 PM
what do they taste like? [8D]

latheboy
26-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Take it to thats chicks places you had dinner with and leave it there...

chopaweeza
26-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Apparently they taste so fucking horrible that aboriginals left them alone.

And as for LB's good idea she would probably poison the poor little fella and then I'd be in shit with the RSPCA .

But seriously , the stinky little tyke has to go and I'm open to real suggestions .

scotty mac
26-02-2008, 02:09 PM
the problem is the wildlife mob only want you to move it a few hundred metres. get a aquarium n feed it... that way it can't fuck anything els. also you can clean it's shit up b4 it stinks.

BANDITROD
26-02-2008, 02:09 PM
look in the paper for reptile breeders and then give them a call and see if they want him cos once they have made them selves a home they stay there unless you take him for a big drive and drop him in the bush klms away

scotty mac
26-02-2008, 02:10 PM
yaeh what banditrod said. breeders should take it off ya hands.

BANDITROD
26-02-2008, 02:19 PM
if is was me i would do what scotty said the are easy to look after chop anyways its up to you mmmm bluetounge sounds like a good base for a chopper wayne i dont think i have ever seen a bluetounge chopper maybe you could keep it and use it for inspiration

Tony Nitrous
26-02-2008, 03:09 PM
If you were a bit nearer i'd do you a trade,
This one's got to go too.

I cant be jumping the fence everytime he crashes
into next doors yard / dog's !

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2625/frogmouth1hk8.jpg

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/1404/frogmouth2og3.jpg

Zbike
26-02-2008, 04:21 PM
get a freind who has a dog/cat
borrow it for a few days
problem solved

chopaweeza
26-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I'll ask the local vets for reptile contacts next week. He scares the crap out of my normally savage cats , has turned Miss Sue's Rotty into a sniving puppy after their last encounter and has caused one bloke to faint when his son was holding it(he thought it was a snake apparently) . He has to go . He's the offspring of a Bluey that lived in the yard when I first moved here 10 years ago so he's sort of a fixture here. But he will be re-homed sooner than later.

Thanks for the input people

As for theme bikes...... I hate the OCC style crap. Have you seen the Pirate themed bike that was at the MotoExpo ? Really ? Why? Gaggg!!!!!!!

Yella
26-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I had the same problem, I just put it in the car and dropped it at Nurragingy Reserve down the road figured it was best away houses and people

26-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd love to give it to my ex....nah wouldn't force that upon any living creature, or inanimate object, come to think of it.

loosebruce
26-02-2008, 06:39 PM
saw a bluey the other day,scared the shit outa me.You see the colouration and the skin texture and think "SNAKE" and then it sticks it's tongue out.0.

BOHEMION
26-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Send him to a random over seas address by Aus post airmail, Customs will seize it and someone called to collect it, Job done [8D]

StuNVA
26-02-2008, 08:59 PM
yeah send it to Schappel Corby

latheboy
27-02-2008, 05:24 AM
Blue tongues are rad little suckers ... I seen one kick the living shit out of a 2 foot brown snake years ago .. If you leave it hanging around you wont have any snakes, but the smell ( i didnt know they smelled bad ) is a real issue.. There must be a Nat. park near you somewhere, go for a long walk into park and let him go...

JackTar
28-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I have a pet blue tongue, you can only keep the ones captive that have been born in captivity if they are wild ones they will smash their head against the glass until they bleed to death. I don't think you should bother taking it to a breeder they would more than likely not be interested the one I got mine from had about a hundred which were all bred in captivity.
I find it strange that it smells, the breeder told me that the people who complain about them smelling bad normally feed them a lot of meat. I reckon you should just take it to the bush a long way from your joint.