PDA

View Full Version : Legal Document to test ride my bike

Harro
01-09-2007, 07:18 PM
[?]Hurro all, Harro here.

Im selling my 2006 ZX6 and I have a guy coming around tomorrow to ride it.

Does anyone have, or know where to get a legal document that basically states that if you bend it, get a ticket on it, have sex on it or basically damage my bike in anyway, your paying for it??

Or know what the document would be called, so I can search the WWW for one.

Thankyou, salutations, cheers fokars

Seifer
01-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Last time i checked it was called insurance.

FIGHTERMC
01-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Don't let him test it until you get what you are looking for it
in your hand mate.if he bends it he will end up bending himself
too and you'll get fook all for you trouble.
Fighter

Jockney Rebel
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
..what he said get the cash in yer hand before ANY test rides ins docs can be forged!!

gibbo
02-09-2007, 12:35 AM
I think you will find even the big dealerships have trouble getting money out of people in those circumstances, if they struggle what hope have you got?

chopaweeza
02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Private Motorcycle Insurance does not cover test rides. About 2 years ago I knew someone that was selling a K1 GSXR1000. The test rider ran up the back of a parked car(thankfully only a shitbox). QBE refused the claim , he took them to court and lost. He had to pay out the cost of the car that was hit as well. Now, he faces having to sue the test rider for the bikes then insured value and the cost of the car he hit as well if he has any chance of getting his money back. That could take up to 5 years to get a result one way of the other. Sucks but if you let someone test ride your bike you take a risk.

Harro
02-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the reply guys.

I have found a Stat Dec online and its a basic fill in the blanks thing.
My wife, being someone who has worked for the Federal Government for over 10 years can witness the signatures.

This should be enough to cover me if the Fokar bends it

Cheers

damo1
02-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Just do what i do.

Take them for a ride scare the absoulute fuck out of them and tell them if there interested come back with the cash and you can have a ride while i hold the funds and if you dont like it and dont bend it you can have your money back then.

Oh and take there licence off them while there riding it so if they dont come back you know who they are so you can go around and burn there fuckn house down with them in it.:D

By the way if you asked me to sign something like that if i turned up to have a look at your ride id probly tell you to fuck off and leave.[:0]

Just my 2c which as ive said before means nothing.;)

Harro
02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
The dude came around today, tire kicked and asked for the ride. I took FighterMC's advice and told him to bring the bucks ($$), then he could ride it. The dude seemed pretty happy with that.

If I can get the Kwaka sold, I can go and buy my KTM SD next weekend. JOY![8D]

Thanks all

fimpBIKES
03-09-2007, 08:48 AM
yeah, if he is genuinely interested that he shouldnt have a problem with giving u the cash

definitely hold their license, and if u can borrow another bike so u can tag along ;)

damo1
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
quote:definitely hold their license, and if u can borrow another bike so u can tag along ;)

Yeah that will work just hope that they cant ride the wheels off you:D

Harro
04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

yeah, if he is genuinely interested that he shouldnt have a problem with giving u the cash

definitely hold their license, and if u can borrow another bike so u can tag along ;)

So long as I have the bucks in my hand, they can take it too the moon and back for all I care