PDA

View Full Version : NT Gov. introduces Demerits

Benz
01-09-2007, 01:22 PM
The NT Government, in their insane, greedy, self serving, ass licking idiocy has introduced the Demerit Points/Life Sucking System to the NT today:(

Quoted in today's paper was an example of one fool who was booked 47 times for speeding in three years, and the new/old/same blood sucking set of rules is being "introduced" to target this kind of stupidity.
As usual, the old 'punish all for one idiot' line of thinking is used to hold the entire motoring public to ransom.
Am I pissed off???:(:(:('Ken Oath!!!!
We lost the open speed highway earlier this year, 130k's is now the limit. They want us to line up, and travel in each other's shadows behind roadtrains struggling to keep up 110,and then pass them without breaking 130, or loose half your points!

I left QLD with one point in my pocket, after being hounded around Maroochydore for two years by police who could'nt give a toss whether you had to avoid some lunatic in a tintop changing lanes while on the phone, or whether you were only 5 ks over the speed limit, while overtaking.
Since being back in the NT, I've been booked twice for speeding in three years, which could mean I'm not in their 'Target group', but one more ticket, and I'd be walking for a minimum of three months.
ALL police now have the opportunity to remove your lifestyle for what amounts to triviality/money in the gov coffers.

Yes, I speed, and take some possibly unnecessary risks to stay in front of the tintop pack, but no-one but me is put at risk, and that way, car drivers who don't care/look for riders can't kill me...

Sorry for the rant guys, but this is a life changing event for me, riding in Darwin just lost a whole lot of freedom [V]
Interestingly enough, the CLP[in opposition in the NT], declared they would abolish the system, should they be re-elected this year.
You think you live in a free country, think again:(