PDA

View Full Version : When Trackdays attack.

TurboKat
20-02-2008, 09:58 AM
My mate Hardcore Mark was at this Trackday on the weekend (the one we were s'posed to do) & said there was absolutely nothing left of this Arsehix.
Poor dude, no insurance & he'd only had the bike for a few months, makes it an expensive day out [V]
It was 34 degrees on the day, lucky the bike didn't end up on the grass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nQy72y6lU8

Weaselman
20-02-2008, 10:38 AM
bloody hell ive got a bigger extinguisher in my car.

What was the go with the poor crash response?

Bear
20-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Any idea how the fuel got ignited or how fuel was released?

TurboKat
20-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, if you watch closely you can see the R/H side of the tank rupture when it hits the ground, after that it's all down to the sparks caused by anything metal scraping along the bitumen to do the rest.
Lesson #1, Never go out with a full tank of fuel.
Lesson #2, Get Wally Knobs to prevent fueltank from contacting the ground.

BANDITROD
20-02-2008, 12:40 PM
thats gotta suck tk whats the go with the soundtrack

Cruisecontrol
20-02-2008, 01:01 PM
It is a shame about the bike but on the upside he has some awesome footage of his head on fire!

Tempest
20-02-2008, 01:39 PM
That really sux. I've seen a few new r6's with ripped open tanks from similar 'minor' get offs. One guy came back coated in fuel, lucky for him he didnt become part of the bbq

Deano
20-02-2008, 04:47 PM
fark.

poor prick. i wonder what that fire did to the track surface.

Issues
20-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Dosent look like those first 2 track marshals have had fire training, poor bloke. The first track marshal had no idea.

TurboKat
20-02-2008, 06:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

poor prick. i wonder what that fire did to the track surface.

Mark said the CFA turned up because they saw all the smoke & thought it was a bushfire, they scrubbed & hosed all the powder off, it dried in 15 mins & apparently there was only a small rough spot on the surface - not even on the race line but the Champions officials deemed it unsafe & put a bunch of witches hats all round it & then made everybody do the first 3 laps of every session thereafter behind a pace bike - what a load of Bollocks :(
It was Marks first trackday with Champignons & he was less than complimentary about the whole outfit - his words - "A bunch of fuckwits"

sharky
20-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't have happened in a proper race aye TK ;)
But seriously.......Fuck ! What a waste of a Yamaha.....
I can sympathise as I have watched a bike of mine burn.

20-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Whats the go with the marshals all running around in singlets and shorts!!