PDA

View Full Version : Old gixxa parts on egay

latheboy
19-02-2008, 09:06 AM
http://cars.search.ebay.com.au/gsxr_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories_W0QQfromZR34QQfrtsZ200QQsacatZ35228

Chris41
19-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Has anyone got parts off these y.m.d guys in the above link. I have won two auctions with single bid at their start price, and the item was then not available for sale , maybe $ 50.00 for a crank was pretty cheap but still they shoulda put a higher start price.

Chris

greenman43
19-02-2008, 03:00 PM
What does 'not available for sale' mean ? If they've auctioned it without reserve, they're legally obligaed to sell ; of course, enforcing it is something else ... Still, you could probably get them removed form e-bay if you tried.

Cheers,
Brian

Deano
19-02-2008, 06:03 PM
guy is a bit of a cunt i rekon.

i was intrested in a frame, tank, rearsets and headlight fairing.

i rang him to see about combining the freight or see about getting tnt to pick it up using the work account and he said no pick ups what so ever as he makes most of the profit out of the freight not he part.

he ended up saying that he could combine shipping and offer a 10% discount. all the parts he sent cam in 2 boxes and not 4 that i paid for. tank was just covered in bubble wrap no carboard box arond it so that got dented in transit.

the one mirror mont bracket that i wanted off the front fairing was not on the front fairing as shown in the pic so he sent that the next day.

i think it goes against the principle of ebay. you don't sell freight you sell an item and the only people that should make profit from freight is the freight company not the seller.

i didn't leave any feedback. but parts were still very cheap once i paid the freight so not that worried really

chopaweeza
19-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I've bought a few things off Youngs as well . I've found the packing to be not great and he does generally overcharge on postage. Several people I know who have also bought bits off him have similar complaints to those listed here as well. But , even with the postage & packaging issues I've generally found the bits I've got off them to be decent. He used to have alot of this stuff up about 2 years ago at normal wreckers prices but didn't sell much so thats what I suspect the drop in prices is about.

greenman43
19-02-2008, 08:08 PM
What a thieving piece of shit. It's stuff like that that really ruins e-bay, IMHO. Still, good to know that the turd is someone to avoid.

Cheers,
Brian

latheboy
20-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Shit .. i just got this as a link from a bloke who knows im into old GSXR's , i had a super quick look and there's nothing for me but thought it might be good for someone... i hope no-one been done over because of me sticking this up....

Chris41
20-02-2008, 11:22 AM
quote:What does 'not available for sale' mean ? If they've auctioned it without reserve, they're legally obligaed to sell ; of course, enforcing it is something else ... Still, you could probably get them removed form e-bay if you tried.

Yea I know I should have cracked the shits but I couldn't be arsed I guess thats the problem we should keep some traders more honest.

quote:i hope no-one been done over because of me sticking this up.. No worries mate by putting it up you've got a few of us out to voice our experiences and this may help some of us in the future.

Chris