PDA

View Full Version : Re Introduction

336LJ
18-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone.
It’s been a good while since I have been here.
So I just thought I would introduce myself again and give you a bit of an update as to what’s happening

I originally posted a tech question regarding the zxr250 I picked up for free. I had not been able to get a hold of all the bits to return it to original (front end damage) but I just wanted to get it on the road to ride to work, and get out and get some experience up before I jump on a big bike (big + expensive = me breaking, 100% guarantee)

In the process, buying a headlight assembly, and hand making an instrument panel lead me into the world of streetfighters. I honestly can’t explain what it is but I can’t get enough of them.

I was going to sell my Torana, and my Commodore to finance the bike of my dreams, a zx636. I was really only looking for a bike that runs well, I don’t care if the sides are all scraped/busted up etc, Cause THAT is the bike I want to start building a streetfighter out of. and hopefully get into stunting. I was also hoping a good running bike with a bit of cosmetic damage would have a much lower price!

After being suckered in and almost walking away with my name on the contract of a new R6 (yes... I love them too. and the idea of finance sounded great at first) I was advised by a friend who also owns a Yamaha dealership (Found that out just in time!), that I was being taken for a ride, to the tune of an extra 10k in the long run.

So I took a step back from it all, and just decided I have to get this wee little 250 finished and since its costing me bugger all. at least have something to travel to work on.

My Torana (and what was my work car at the time) is completely stripped, we were hooking right into it for powercruise, but my good mate who did all the body work and custom work was killed a few months ago in a head on (and we all thought big aussie cars would be safe !! yeah right)So I have no way to finish the torana at the moment.

I’m driving a horrid shitbox to work these days! that I would much like to see engulfed in flames on the side of the road, with me pointing at it and laughing hysterically, so the bike is being dusted off again.

I only have a few problems left. (front brakes wont bleed. electrical issues)
And all I need is someone who knows what they are doing to tune the thing so it starts no probs, and I will finally be on the road.
Any recommendations in the south Brisbane area would be great. Someone who isn’t going to ask me to bring vasoline in with me when I go to get a quote.

Gix11
18-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Glad to see you made it back in mate. South Brissy, not sure? Someone will know.

BANDITROD
18-02-2008, 06:26 PM
welcome back mate

336LJ
19-02-2008, 01:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Glad to see you made it back in mate. South Brissy, not sure? Someone will know.

Yeah i forgot to mention thanks for that one mate !

336LJ
19-02-2008, 01:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

welcome back mate

thanks mate, just for the record, I laughed my ass of when I first saw that pic you have in your sig LOL!!

BANDITROD
19-02-2008, 09:59 AM
yeah i just dont want to change it .its all thank to cruise i honestly dont know how he finds that stuff

JackTar
19-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Welcome back mate.