PDA

View Full Version : ebay forks

pt
29-08-2007, 07:27 PM
now i was just perusing ebay looking for cool bits as you do, and i happened across lots of lovely new USD forks. EXCEPT they are mostly all off crashed bikes and often are missing a top triple or the whole triple clamp assembly or brakes or just master cylinder and almost always a wheel and discs. the crashed bike bit is what worries me, since a few had some tasty gashes in the claiper mount at the bottom of the fork or at the top near the cap.

now those of you who have bought off ebay, did you buy forks like this and hope they were ok, or did you wait for some nice ones, or wait for a whole front end to go up? cause i can imagine some of the gashes would be no worries, but how the hell do you know? and how often do decent sets come up?

speeddemon
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
better to get forks, triples and brakes mate - less chance of being fucked. also dont get any with any sign of damage.

BANDITROD
03-09-2007, 08:40 PM
you can get busa ones cheap from US ebay but postage is up there but it still works out to be heaps cheaper

pt
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by speeddemon

better to get forks, triples and brakes mate - less chance of being fucked. also dont get any with any sign of damage.

thought so. just have to look a bit harder:)

Ashg
04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&frpp=25&from=R10&satitle=forks&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfqy=forks&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=motorbike4u&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

I just got a set of 07 gsxr 750 forks of this guy, awesome condition, fairly resonable price (shitload cheaper than in aus)
came with triple clamps etc, even got a pair of calipers off him for $40 US, got the forks shipped for $150, calpiers for $50.

Don't think he's too fucking bright tho, either that or he's just an arsehole, I asked him to wait before shipping the fork coz I wanted to get the calipers the next day, and he was gonna ship them both for $150, but the fuck sent the forks the day before I bought the calipers, so I had to pay seperate shipping for brakes.

Any way good deal still, got them within a week too!