PDA

View Full Version : Chopper Parts

chopaweeza
07-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Oi All,

Weird request for a streetfighters site but you never know if you don't ask. As many of you know I'm building a swingarm CB750 for this years Bike Build Off . Not for myself but as a freebie for a bloke called Rod Johnson in Brisbane. It's being done on a small budget and most of the people that initially offered parts/help slithered away when actually asked(except Neo Dutch the painter). So I've come up with a list of bits that are still needed and remember these are for a chopper . Will take donations of parts , may buy if the price is cheap or trade from a pile of Honda Chopper or 04' GSXR750 bits . Let me know.

Still have to hunt up forwards pegs that look good , a suitable headlight , a better rear mudguard , tail light and other bits like that .

As I said , I'm building this bike for free and I'm not making a cent out of it.

Here's the donor bike

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/chopaweeza/Hondaparts/H750Four03.jpg

Here's the frame he bought off ebay. A butchered nightmare. Dutch & I cut half it away and reworked the rest

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/chopaweeza/Other%20Peoples%20Work/rodchop15.jpg

Here's the frame now. Solidly reworked by Uncle Chopa . 9" up and 3" out . Lowered 3" . Ready to kick arse.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/chopaweeza/SeatMods001.jpg

alfiestorm
07-02-2008, 10:15 AM
is this being done for charity type thing wayne

chopaweeza
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Not really. We had a contest that was advertised on several forums including this one. The winner would have a bike built for them. Several people including myself were offering our time(but not materials usually)free to the winner . The bike selected was one that could be done in 3 months , the owner had a donor available for and the owner had the budget to have the bike built . The winner was this bike. Several people connected with another Chopper Group offered parts and services which we then factored into the build but every one of them reneged . So , I'm on the scrounge to make up for the missing bits.

zx12argh
07-02-2008, 12:30 PM
I've got a single light from one of those typical twin streetfighter set ups you can have. Its black but not sure if it would suit the bike. I'll be flogging off a twin set soon cheap plus an acewell dash unit... Again - not sure if it would suit what your building mate.

gibbo
07-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I could be interested in the dash if Choppa doesn't want it.

chopaweeza
07-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks ZX . Pop a piccy up so I can have a look.

Gibbo, unless I get a set of mini clocks I'll be re-using the stockers .

alfiestorm
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Is this lot of any use for the chop, Oil cooler is from a old CB900F and the hoses on it are just reinforced plastic with overbraid.there is a coil of braided brake line and a couple of regulator/rectifiers and the rest is what it is and all are in working order

Looking for postage cost amd a few beer tokens

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/208323113115731.jpg

chopaweeza
08-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Nah Alfie. Already have a couple of coolers in my parts bins . Thanks for looking mate. I appreciate it.

zx12argh
08-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I'll dig up my camera and post the photos this weekend chop

chopaweeza
12-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks mate.

zedsled
12-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Couldnt find much in the shed thats anygood for you chop, accept for a mini tach. its never been used as I only wanted the speedo but had to buy the pair If its of any use Ill put up a pic for you

-Dex-
13-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Its probably no help whatsoever, but I have a bunch od misc bits off an 87 gsxr 750 if you want them. Plastic rear guard, brake light, rear calipers & lines, switchgear, rear subframe etc.

Like I said, probably not useful but its there if you need it.

chopaweeza
14-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Probably not use on the chop mate but I'd be interested in several of those bits as spares for my GSXR Chopper . Let me know what you want for things. I'll pass on the mini tacho thanks Zed and will recycle the stockers. It's all about LCC and a limited time. Doing a full time job and building three bikes at once is very tiring but I'll be right. Thanks for looking people. I appreciate it.

-Dex-
15-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Mate, they're in a box in my garage gathering dust. If you want them they're yours. I definitely wont be needing any of it.