PDA

View Full Version : Aussie mice

pommie02
04-02-2008, 07:07 AM
How clever are Australian mice.
i ask this because we have mice living in our wall.
they come out every night, walk past the poison and then eat the peanut butter off the traps. i get up in the moring to clean traps and mouse shit everywhere

alfiestorm
04-02-2008, 09:45 AM
It's time to get the pest control guys in. They have shit that will kill anything and let you live

Benz
04-02-2008, 11:42 AM
You think you got problem .............A mate of mine has a possum as a permanent resident in his roof. He's caught about 90 females, but the male remains, too smart to fall for the apple in the trap. Not a good look having possum piss run down the hallway wall, and I'm eventually gonna have to repair his wiring, and just can't wait to smell the roses.
A possible solution is to instal some kind of electronic/hypersonic deterent.
Bird Gard seems like a possiblity.......... http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/65521396235823.jpg

Learnatic
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
To get rid of possum go up in roof & figure out where he gets in,wait till night & seal it up when he is out so you dont trap him in there,(no good for possum or you when he starts to stink.)Put alternative nest box in tree near house and he shouldnt bug you again.Dont try to poison it,as well as being nice animals it will die in your roof and you will never get the smell out of the house.

Bear
04-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Throw a snake in there. That'll get rid of the possum and the mice.

Cruisecontrol
04-02-2008, 04:33 PM
We had possums in our roof until I threw our dog (Jack Russell) through the manhole for a look around. She didn't catch them but the smell she left behind discouraged them from ever returning.

Chocolate is a good thing to try in mouse traps but be sure to wear rubber gloves when handling the choc or the traps. As soon as they smell people they steer clear...

BANDITROD
04-02-2008, 05:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Benz

You think you got problem .............A mate of mine has a possum as a permanent resident in his roof. He's caught about 90 females, but the male remains, too smart to fall for the apple in the trap. Not a good look having possum piss run down the hallway wall, and I'm eventually gonna have to repair his wiring, and just can't wait to smell the roses.
A possible solution is to instal some kind of electronic/hypersonic deterent.
Bird Gard seems like a possiblity.......... http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/65521396235823.jpg

perhaps he should try feeding it in the same spot for five days and then wait for it on day six and BAM with a bit of 4 x 2 and presto no more fucking possum

Jockney Rebel
04-02-2008, 07:55 PM
ive got possums in the roof but as the landlords not too bothered neither are we
no smell as yet but they do make a row when they fight

gibbo
04-02-2008, 08:05 PM
The worst thing about having possums in your roof is that it means you probably have rats as well. Apparently they like eating the possum shit[xx(] might explain the bad breath hey[?]