PDA

View Full Version : Hoots Mon frae Scotland

stiffsimon
02-02-2008, 09:16 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/44632352756050.jpg

Just saying hello again as my first post and registration details disappeared somewhere. Hope I didn't upset a moderator.
Hopefully a picture of my Suzook will have uploaded for you all to admire/laugh at/puke over/ get inspired or just forget.
It's originally a GS1000E with a GSX 1100 ET motor slotted in bored out hopped up ,Flatslides etc., etc with ZXR 750H1 wheels, brakes, forks a JMC deep brace arm and loads of other stuff that I'll tell if you ask.
Am hoping to bring this over with me when I emigrate to Oz hopefully in Sept. 08. Anybody any ideas on how easy or practical that might be. Alfiestorm has already emailed me with some info but any ideas gratefully received.
The Streetfighting scene in Oz looks great and am looking forward to hook up with like minded people when I come over and hopefully get inspiration and helping for modding my Suzook even more.
Look forward to getting on boardwith ASF. Cheers.

Simmon

stiffsimon
02-02-2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/44632352758909.jpg

Oops sorry uploaded the wrong photo in first post. Here's a better one.

Simon

rod185651
02-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey Simmon,
nah we had a little trouble yesterday with posts getting wiped out, Welcome eh.
cheers Rod

BANDITROD
02-02-2008, 09:25 PM
welcome aboard mate good to see you back we had some trouble with low life fucking hackers but thats all sorted now thanks to si btw nice project mate looks fuckin sweet

Jockney Rebel
02-02-2008, 09:41 PM
where aboots ur ye pal ..ma mither an faither sty in irvine...
aah emigratet 3year ago .dead gud anthat.....so where ye thikin o'gaun tae?
we re oan the central coast an its bran new

nice bike btw importin it shouldnt give you too many sleepless nights cars are a bitch to bring over here tho

stiffsimon
02-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Cheers people. Jockney rebel I'm reet up North on the North Coast of Scotland in a wee village called Tongue. Dunno where abouts in Oz I'll be going was thinking of Adelaide for the food and wine but people say Adelaide is full of old duffers with cardigans and pipes. I'm getting a full visa that will let me live and work anywhere, so Oz is my oyster,ahem.
Want to go somewhere where they're a good streetfighter scene and help cause I have ideas for my Suzook.
The motor is a GSX 1100 ET with

Wiseco 1260 big bore kit
Roger Upperton flowed and ported big valve head
stage 2 "Joy engineering" cams dialled in with adjustable cam sprockets
balanced pistons
pinned and welded crank
APE manual cam chain tensioner
GS 750 oil pump gears
Billet clutch basket
Serck 13 row oil cooler
Mikuni RS 36mm flatslides with individual K&N filters
Pingel Hi flow fuel tap
Dyna S ignition with Green Dyna coils and Taylor plug leads
V&H pro comp pipe

Dunno what I want to do with the chassis but deffo want to bring my motor over with me
Have heard that Katana's and Katana parts are easier to get in Oz than in UK, if so would like to build a Kat based bruiser. Oh and to go somewhere where it isn't continually pissing with rain and blowing hooligans.

oldskool
02-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Canne greet to seeya wee man, ken hoos the bearns an ye henn?

BillyWhizz888
02-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Oi ya Scotch git...
glad to see someone made it doooooon from the highlands
I have a sister in Annan she's fcuked in the hid also

good to see ya on board

stiffsimon
03-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Aye an me OH is a Geordie(That's Newcastle, NE England)for people not familiar with this sceptered Isle.Bairns! Fuck em. Orrible little creatures always pukin an shittin an screamin that's why I've got none. Ma heid may well be fucked but only cause of all this shit weather. 3 inches of snow outside at the moment(That's frozen water that falls oot the sky) for all you lot in Southern hemisphere.Roll on Ozzy sunshine . Where should I move to?? Any suggestions

Jockney Rebel
03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
geordies are jist scotsmen with brain damage......whyaye man,yer a canny lad ah saw yis in the Tyne life ,,are ye a toon man ?
for loadsa fighter action try Queensland ,thats where Si an them are

suxukifreak
03-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Welcome aboard Stiffy, i think our webmaster will get a chuckle out of your "members" name [:0] ;)

03gixxerpilot
03-02-2008, 06:25 AM
welcome to the madness my friend. enjoy your stay.

Pab13
03-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Welcome and enjoy

Iceman
03-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Welcome aboard Simon

Benz
03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Gidday "Stiff". Welcome to streetfighters.
You asked where to live, this link may give you some handy viewing, should you want to move to a warmer,more relaxed climate.
The NT has a lot to offer, provided you're prepared to go hard!
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8896

zx12argh
04-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Welcome aboard mate

JackTar
04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome mate, nice ride.

Gix11
04-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Welcome aboard Simon.
Yea, sorry mate, you got deleted when the forum database was time warped back a day due to a hack of the server. EAnyway, enough jargon. Welcome aboard again.

I'm familiar with Tongue. Not a name you can forget really! I toured around Scotland (the full primetre) in the summer of '96 and I remember Tongue being a gorgeous little place, even commented about retiring there and such shit, then I realised it was summer and I was shivering. Realised the dream might not quite be the same after trying a winter there.

As for where to settle choice is yours. Every one will be biased to their own area. My personal opinion saw me settle in SE QLD. I'm on the Gold Coast mate. It's sub-tropical and gets steamy in the summer. It's humid as fuck today and around 30 degrees:

You've got Miami type tack down on the beach front which is populated by Asians it seems, good for "bird watching" and getting royally bladdered....

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/country/img/3623_Gold-Coast-Aerial-shot.jpg

and cool rain forest Hinterland out the back where I live amongst all the "Good Roads". This is Hinze Dam out at the top of my road. The Advance town road round it is a pearler......

http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/hinzedam.jpg

If I wasn't here I'd probably risk the cold and live in melbourne. Great music and bike scene. Perth si also nice but light years away from everywhere, NT makes this area look cold, SA is a tad slow, conservative and relaxed (no offence SA guys) and Sydney, well Sydney's just London but clean.

Make you're own choice. If you come from somewhere cold even Tassie might seem good temperature wise.

stiffsimon
05-02-2008, 04:36 AM
:DCheers for the welcome people. Si. fair comment about people being biased to their own area but any comments are welcome and I'd rather here from people living and riding bikes in that area than from other sources. Can't wait to get out but these 'kin visas take forever to sort out.